Chapter 9

No More Cologne

 

I must have fallen asleep after closing my eyes because Kwangmin shook me awake gently.

“Hey, we’re here.” He whispered.

I sighed and stretched my arms out. I looked out the window to try and see where we were being dropped off at. I just saw busy streets. Kwangmin had already stepped out and was holding out his hand to help me out of the taxi. I smiled slightly at him and accepted his gesture. He paid the driver and held me close to his side as the taxi took off.

“So…oppa.” I tapped my foot on the ground a few times. “Where or what is our next date?”

Kwangmin secured me to his side before we began to walk along the street. “Be patient. We have plenty of time.”

“Time? Are we on a schedule?”

Kwangmin didn’t answer me. We walked in silence. I glanced at the many people we had passed. Everyone was in their own world. We passed a few couples who seemed happy on the outside but I began to wonder what secrets they held. Were they like me? Were they cheating too? Becoming lost in my thoughts again, I was brought back to earth when Kwangmin stopped walking. I looked up and saw that he had stopped in front of a movie theater.

“We’re going to a movie?” He nodded. “I don’t even know what’s playing right now.”

Kwangmin raised his shoulders in a shrug. “We’ll just pick one.”

We headed inside and stared at the display board of all the movies playing. Nothing really sounded interesting to me so I hoped there was a movie Kwangmin wanted to see.

“Anything you want to see?” He asked me. I shook my head. “Nothing?” I shook my head again. He frowned. “This didn’t turn out very much like I planned. We can do something else.”

I gripped his arm reassuringly. “Oppa, we can still see a movie. You pick one. I’ll watch it.”

Kwangmin kissed the top of my head and looked up at the board once again. “Scary movie it is.” He grinned, grabbing my hand and dragging me to the ticket line.

“Oppa!” I scolded him.

The last scary movie we had seen together left me too petrified to leave Kwangmin’s embrace as the credits were rolling on the screen. He always tells me that it didn’t bother him, but we hadn’t gone to see a scary movie since then, nor did we watch one back at the dorms ever so I assumed that he was somewhat bothered by me.

I watched him silently as he paid for the tickets. There was no turning back now. After receiving the tickets, he held them up to me and smiled brightly.

“Do you want to just share a seat since you’ll end up on my lap by the end of the movie?” He chuckled.

“Shut up and buy the snacks.” I snarled at him.

His smiled never faded. Even after we had taken a seat towards the back of the theater, he held my hand in his and smiled. I let out a deep breath once the movie started. Kwangmin ran his thumb on the back of my hand. I slid my hand from his. I decided to make it my mission to not reach for Kwangmin in fear while the movie was playing. I sat on my hands and crossed my legs keeping my distance from Kwangmin. He tried to hold in his laugh. The movie didn’t seem so scary as it got closer to the end. I made a mental note to myself to tease Kwangmin about his failure to choose…

My train of thought, and calm, was completely broken when a nasty looking monster appeared on the screen and began to chase and kill people. I couldn’t help covering my eyes from the gruesome scene. I peeked through my fingers to see if the scene was over. I noticed that Kwangmin’s hand was outstretched in front of me. I glanced over at him and he was intently watching the movie.

I looked at his hand for a while. It didn’t seem like Kwangmin was intentionally holding his hand out. I smiled and placed a finger on the palm of his hand. Kwangmin jumped slightly before turning his head and smiling at me. Kwangmin was scared. I laced my fingers with his and looked around the theater hoping the movie would end soon.

It felt like forever before the credits started to roll across the screen.  The other people in the theater stood up and stretched before exiting. I went to stand up as well but Kwangmin pulled me back down and stood up himself.

“Wait like two minutes and find me outside okay?” He smiled.

“What? Why can’t we walk out together?” I asked him, folding my arms across my chest.

“Because I have to prepare the next part of our date. It won’t take me long. Go to the bathroom or something before meeting me outside.” Kwangmin kissed the top of my head and ran out of the theater.

I sighed and got to my feet. I was trying to think of what k-dramas I had left to choose from. We had already done Coffee Prince, Heartstrings, and now You’re Beautiful, so all that was left was A Gentleman’s Dignity. As I made my way out of the theater I replayed all the major dates in the drama trying to get one step ahead of Kwangmin. Maybe he wanted to do the window kiss? Was he going to perform whenever we would have dinner?

I looked around for him once I was outside. There were so many people that had also just gotten out from watching a movie that it was hard to spot him. I finally saw him standing a ways down the street holding a box in his hands. I began making my way towards him but he held up his hand stopping from coming any closer. He placed the box on the ground. It was a shoe box. He smiled and pulled out the shoes and placed them on top of the box.  They were cute. The shoes were white flats with flowers and hearts along the bottom of the shoe.

Kwangmin stood up straight and placed his hands in his pockets. “If you wish to continue on with this date you will accept these shoes and wear them to dinner. You will wear them beautifully.”

I smiled and shook my head at Kwangmin. “Is there a certain reason you bought me these shoes? In the drama, he bought her heels.”

Kwangmin pointed down at the flats. “These made me think of you. You love it when the flowers bloom in the spring and whenever I was away and saw flowers like this it instantly made me think of you.  The hearts also made me think of you since you show not only me but all the other members so much love and compassion.  With this being said, I hope that when you wear these shoes you will always remember how much I love you.”

I really wasn’t sure how to respond. He had really put some thought into tonight. I had to fight back the tears in my eyes. Guilt took over me. Here in front of me was the best boyfriend I have ever had and I was lying to him about my “friendship” with Chunji. I couldn’t lie to him anymore. I needed to get Chunji out of my life if I wanted to keep Kwangmin and stay happy like this.

“Well?” Kwangmin pressed seeing as I still hadn’t given him a response.

Tears began to rim my eyes but I wiped them away and nodded. “I will wear the shoes.”

“Beautifully?”

“Beautifully, every time I wear them.”

Kwangmin motioned for me to come over to him. Once I stood in front of him, he got down on one knee and held up one of the shoes. I slid my shoe off and he placed the new shoe on my foot. I was slightly embarrassed that he was doing this with so many people around but I wasn’t going to ruin this moment for him. After both shoes were on my feet and my old tennis shoes were in the shoe box, Kwangmin placed his hand in mine.

“Now time for dinner.”

“Is this the last part of our date?” I asked as we began to walk down the street.

“Wait and see.”

Kwangmin pulled us into a fancy restaurant. He had made reservations and we were lead to a table by the window. I felt under dressed seeing that I was in jeans and all the other people eating were in dresses and suits.

“Stop worrying.” He told me, kissing the back of my hand. “Dinner will bring that smile back.”’

That was when I noticed that we hadn’t even gotten menus to order. I looked around for a waiter and Kwangmin sat smugly in his seat, looking out the window. Soon a few waiters showed up with drinks for us and two covered plates of food.

“Here you are Mr. Jo. I hope everything came out to your liking.” The one waiter told Kwangmin.

Kwangmin looked at my shocked expression and smiled. “It turned out perfectly. Thank you so much.”

The waiters bowed and left us. Kwangmin had pre-ordered our meal. He had really planned this night out and I almost ruined the whole thing by going to see Teen Top. Kwangmin leaned over and took off the lid to my plate and revealed Chicken parmesan. He remembered what I liked to order when we went to restaurants like this. I noticed he had ordered the same thing. He smiled at me and began to eat.

We exchanged glances throughout dinner but no words were said. I could tell Kwangmin still had something up his sleeve. The waiters had cleared the table after we had finished eating and Kwangmin walked over and pulled out my chair.

“Ready? We have one last stop to make before we call it a night.”

I got to my feet and followed Kwangmin out to the street.

 

A/N: I am so sorry it has been so long since an update. I have been really busy at school and I haven't really gotten a chance to write. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I will hopefully have the next chapter up soon. Enjoy  and thank you for reading :)