Chapter 8

No More Cologne

 

Kwangmin lead me down every side street he could find. I couldn’t tell if he was lost or doing this on purpose because sometimes he’d stop walking and look back for a street sign. Eventually though, Kwangmin stopped walking once we were in front of a small coffee café.

“What’s this?” I asked him.

“It’s like Coffee Prince, isn’t it? I thought you’d like to a k-drama themed date.” Kwangmin smiled, entirely proud of himself.

I kissed his cheek. “All of our dates have been k-drama themed haven’t they?”

“Wow, way to try and ruin the mood, yeobo.” Kwangmin chuckled. “C’mon. I’m hungry.”

“Do Sunki and Harim work here?” I teased. “OH! What if Hankyul owns this café too?”

“Stop geeking out, Sora.” Kwangmin rolled his eyes. He pulled out a chair for me to sit in. “Now, let me explain how I arranged our date today.”

“What’s there to explain? You already told me its k-drama themed. So are you taking different ideas that seem really cute and romantic from some of my favorite k-dramas?”

Kwangmin sat down and frowned. “I was going to say that.”

I chuckled and apologized. “Well, now the only thing I don’t know is what k-dramas to expect next.”

“Actually I was going to give you a choice of which one you want to experience next, but you cannot choose the last one.”

“Okay? So then what are my options?”

“You’re Beautiful, A Gentleman’s Dignity, or Heartstrings.” I gave Kwangmin a look that said “Really?” He looked offended. “What? I thought you liked those dramas?”

“I like them.” I chuckled. “How about we do Heartstrings next?”

Kwangmin nodded and ordered some drinks. He grabbed my hand from across the table.

“I’m sorry.”

I squeezed his hand. “Don’t be. What happened earlier today is done. We won’t bring it up again.” Kwangmin agreed and kissed the back of my hand.

“Can I ask one question?” I shrugged and then nodded. “Were you able to have a good time with Teen Top before you came back?”

All that ran through my head was Chunji and I kissing on the couch. I felt my cheeks flush. Kwangmin noticed my hesitation to answer.

“It’s okay if you did. I’d rather you have enjoyed yourself than mope around when you were supposed to be someone’s guest.”

At that moment if felt as if the entire world’s guilt had created a home on my shoulders. “They were able to calm me down a bit.” I said finally.

We sat in comfortable silence after our drinks were placed on the table. Kwangmin stared out the window most of the time we sat there. For once I could not tell if he was thinking about something or not.

“Oh!” He sat upright in his chair and looked at me eagerly. “As punishment for taking so long at Teen Top’s today, you have to call me oppa until our date is over.”

“Oppa?” I raised an eyebrow. “Really?”

“It’s your punishment and you better obey or else.”

“Oh I’m so scared, Kwangmin…” He glared at me. “…oppa.”

He smiled brightly. “Okay, now let’s go. It’s time for the Heartstrings’ part of our date.”

Kwangmin grabbed my hand and guided us to the city’s park. He motioned for me to wait for him as he rushed over to the service desk. Not too much later, Kwangmin was running back with a bike.

“No.” I sighed.

“What? I thought you’d like this?” Kwangmin tried to hide his disappointment in my reaction.

“Oppa,” I paused, “I hope you are the one riding in the back. I’d rather not end up in a bush.” I told him, referring to back when Boyfriend was shooting the music video for Don’t Touch My Girl and Kwangmin was having difficulty getting used to riding the bicycle.

“Sora-ah, don’t worry. We’ll stay on the sidewalk at all times, okay? Trust oppa.”

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. “Trust oppa.”

Kwangmin got on the bike and patted the passenger seat. I took a deep breath before attempting to climb on. Kwangmin steadied the bike the best he could. I felt he bike begin to tip over slightly and I tightly wrapped my arms around Kwangmin’s waist in case the bike was falling over. Kwangmin tried to hold in his laugh but was unsuccessful.

“Yah! Stop laughing at me.” I pouted.

“I’m sorry.” Kwangmin patted my hands. “But look, you’re on the bike safely.”

“Just shut up and peddle.” I snarled.

Kwangmin stood on the peddles so he was able to get the bike rolling and then sat down. He didn’t say where we were riding too but it really didn’t matter to me. It was a better idea than I had thought it would have been. The scenery was perfect on such a beautiful day.  Kwangmin peddled the bike by some street vendors and stopped to get us some snack, by a pond where a family of ducks was residing in the brush, and back through the park.

“This is nice Kwangmin oppa.” I sighed contently, resting my head on his back.

“Well, I’m glad.” He placed one of his hands on my hands. “What date do you want to do next? You’re Beautiful or A Gentleman’s Dignity?”

“You’re Beautiful.” I answered.

“Great. I was hoping you’d be that next.” Kwangmin turned the bike around and headed back to the service desk. He returned the bike and pulled me towards an awaiting taxi.

“Where are we going?” I asked after Kwangmin quietly told the driver our destination.

“Why don’t you rest a bit before we get there?”Kwangmin placed my head on his shoulder. “Just close your eyes and enjoy the ride.”

“I’m not tired though, oppa.” I whined.

“Just rest.” Kwangmin closed his eyes and rested his head on mine.

I decided there was no use in arguing with Kwangmin so I did as I was told and closed my eyes to get some rest before we reached the next part of our date.