My Rules

Accidentally In Love

“The schedule you’re giving me is so absurd.” Yesung throws the paper Jessica gave him.

 

“It’s my schedule!”

 

“Once a week for two hours? We have to study a lot. The teacher gave me an outline of the things to be discussed and we can’t accomplish it with a short period of time.” Yesung showed her the list of the topics to be discussed and there was a lot. Maybe she could add an extra hour to their study hours.

 

“We need 2-3 days a week.”

 

“No.”

 

“Your play rehearsals can wait.”

 

“I need all the practice.”

 

“And I need your cooperation.”

 

Jessica and Yesung can’t seem to cooperate with each other. Jessica has three days of rehearsals. If Yesung takes one day from her weekdays, she’s only left with one rest day. She can’t also put schedules on weekends because it’s time she spends with the girls or with Krystal.

 

Krystal was on the phone when she steps to the living room to see Yesung talking with her sister, wondering why in the world Yesung oppa was there when she knew they clearly dislike being in the same area as they are.

 

“Uhm, Soojung?”

 

“Oh, sorry about that Jongin. I’m just surprised that Yesung oppa is here, talking with my eonni.”

 

“Are you sure you aren’t dreaming? Jonghyun’s hyung is with your sister? Is it the world war three already?” Jongin jokes from the other line and Krystal says that it’s true. She walks away from the scene and leaves before her expected war happens.

 

“If you take away another day from me, I will have less time for myself then!” Jessica stomps.

 

“Do you really want to have tutoring lessons?” Yesung folded his arms as Jessica is creating small tantrums in front of him.

 

“I need this.”

 

“You know it but you won’t give importance to it. What do you really want to happen then?”

 

“Fine then!” Jessica scratches her hair violently, but suddenly fixes it too afterwards. “Take my Mondays and Tuesdays, but don’t disturb me on Wednesdays to Fridays.”

 

“Good.”

 

“But I also have more rules. Don’t  show up during my play rehearsals. On your phone, put my name Sooyeon, but don’t say that to everyone. If I find out someone knew about it, I will do something. Also, text me when you are leaving your house, when you’re near and when you’re there. Don’t wear anything that would look like you. Wear something like a hoodie to cover your face or a cap when you go here. Do not even ever speak to anyone that you are tutoring me. Don’t mention my name too whatsoever. This, whatever we’re doing—“

 

“We’re tutoring.”

 

“I don’t care. Should not be spoken of.”

 

“As if I also want to speak about this anyway. Let’s make a contract that we are only meeting because of academic purposes and nothing more.”

 

 

Agreed by both, they create a contract where they will only meet at Jessica’s house every Mondays and Tuesdays from 6-9 p.m. at most until the day of the exam. Both will only talk regarding academic purposes. No personal feelings or interactions should be involved during the whole tutoring sessions.

 

 

The last part of course unnecessary, but as Jessica said, “You might find me beautiful and fall for me” Yesung made gag noises, earning him a hit on the shoulder by Jessica. The two signed at the bottom and decided that the tutoring sessions would begin the following week. Until then, they would have to keep everything a secret.

 

 

_*_

 

 

It was about an hour when Yesung stayed at Jessica’s house though it felt longer than that. Jessica doesn’t know how she will survive the next meetings. Two things that she hate are together, science and Yesung.

 

“Eonni~” Krystal knocked on Jessica’s door and she was allowed to enter.

 

“Neh?”

 

“Why was Yesung oppa here earlier?”

 

“Oh. He’ll be tutoring me from now on.”

 

“TUTOR?!”

 

“Listen, don’t tell anyone, not even your friends or his brother that he is tutoring me. It will remain as a secret. So keep your mouth shut about it, okay. It’s already embarrassing that I’m being tutored, let alone by that guy.”

 

“Don’t worry, eonni. I won’t. Promise. But can I ask a favor from you?”

 

“It depends.”

 

“One of my shoes is already worn out. Could you possibly buy me a new one?” Krystal chuckled and Jessica chuckles at her sister.

 

“This weekend, I’ll buy you a new one. I need a way to relieve stress.”