Fire and Ice

Accidentally In Love

 

They were like fire and ice, cats and dogs. Maybe she was wrong when she thought time with Yesung was good. What Yesung wants, Jessica doesn’t like and vice versa.

 

“Let’s go over there!” Jessica pointed at the hurricane ride.

 

“But I want to go there!” Yesung pointed at the Viking.

 

The two bickered some more until they just sat at a bench between two stalls. Yesung bought cotton candy while Jessica chose ice cream. Yesung looked at his wrist watch and is thankful that in 30 minutes they’ll be back with their friends.

 

“Please fast forward time,” Yesung whispered.

 

“Same here. Being stuck with you is boring,” Jessica said.

 

They sat at both ends of the bench with both their hands that were handcuffed outstretched.  After a few minutes, they heard loud and familiar laughter. They turned their heads and saw Jessica’s friends.

 

“Jessica!” Taeyeon waved her hand and ran up to her.

 

“Where are the others?” Jessica asked. “It doesn’t matter. I just want this thing off,” she said and raised the handcuff.

 

“I don’t have the key. Yoona does,” Taeyeon says. She and Tiffany exchanged glances and took out their phones to call the girl who allegedly has the key. A few minutes later, the rest came.

 

“Finally, where have you been?” Before any of them could answer, she held out her hand. “Key please?” Jessica continued.

 

“The boys have it,” Yoona said.

 

“UGH! Do something!” She said and yelled.

 

Yesung took out his phone and called Leeteuk to come. After minutes of being trapped with the girls, the boys came.

 

“How was your time?” Donghae asked. Jessica smiled but Yesung just glared at them.

 

“Keys before I take something precious away from you,” Yesung warned. They sighed and knew that he was serious. Last time they didn’t listen to him, he had actually taken their dorm keys and had the others stay in other places.

 

“Here,” Kyuhyun took out the keys, afraid his laptop will be the victim. Once free, they didn’t even give each other a glance and just drag their own respective friends out.

 

_*_

 

 

“Unni, how was the day?” Krystal asked over dinner.

 

“Don’t ask,” Jessica said, rubbing her temples. She just hates how everyone is teasing here. She hates that she just had to be paired with weirdo guy. ‘Why not Donghae instead?’ she asks herself.

 

“It seems that you had a bad day so I won’t ask you anything more,” Krystal said and ate the food on her plate.

 

“Tell me about your day then,” Jessica asked, wanting to know how her sister was.

 

“Well, I went to Amber’s place with the others and we went to the mall. We ran into Jongin and the others—“

 

“Jongil?”

 

“Kim Jongin… Kai, remember?” Krystal pointed out.

 

“Right. Just be careful. You’re too young to date. You’re still—“

 

“I know. I know. I’m the second princess after you. I’m still 16. Besides, if I like someone, I’ll tell you as long as you promise that you’ll be nice to him,” Krystal said.

 

“Okay fine. Just be lucky that my mood is fine or I would’ve gone witch at you,” she teased and Krystal chuckled.

 

“Eonni, where did you get that keychain?” Krystal pointed at the turtle keychain on Jessica’s phone. She remembered Yesung buying it for her earlier.

 

“I bought it earlier. I don’t even know why. It doesn’t look good so I’ll just hide it on my drawer. Excuse me,” she said and left the dinner table with a confused Krystal.

 

Putting the keychain away, Jessica dialed Yuri’s number for a chat.

 

 

_*_

 

 

When school day came, it was already the start for the preparations of the sports week.

 

“I hate this week,” Jessica said. It wasn’t a secret that she really wasn’t good at sports.

 

“Agree,” Sooyoung said. Oh and she at sports too. Despite her name literally means swimming, she .

“It isn’t that bad,” Hyoyeon nudged. Some agreed while some don’t.

 

“If sleeping was a sport Sica would’ve won,” Tiffany said and they all agreed, even Jessica.

 

They walked towards the bulletin board where the list of events that would be held this year was posted. Only one event excited Jessica, soccer. Mainly it’s because Donghae had always been joining that event ever since they were kids.

 

“Cheerdance!” Yuri said and signed her name with Hyoyeon. The others chose an event while Jessica couldn’t choose anything.

 

“Why not track instead?” Taeyeon said.

 

“Just imagine that you’re running towards the bed,” Yoona said and Jessica did sign her name on the track event. Maybe she should’ve just signed up for some game like chess, but she doesn’t even know much about the game. Also those most smart kids join that event.

 

“You know, sports like this give higher grades than board games. It could pull up your general weight average,” Seohyun commented and Jessica signed up because she just needs to. She isn’t the best in academics. She is almost failing her science class. She hopes this will help boost her GWA for her college application.

 

They went ahead with class and Jessica felt her heart race when she saw Donghae laughing with his friends. She waved her hand to greet him, but she was ignored. Oh how her poor heart crushed. Pretending like it was nothing. S he marched inside the room and took her seat. She sat as if nothing happened.

 

Just like other days, her thoughts were mostly filled of Donghae, singing, sleeping, air conditioners and Donghae.

 

“Just to remind you about the upcoming monthly exams after the sports events,” the teacher said before dismissing them.

 

Jessica yawned and stretched her hands before leaving the room. As she exited, she bumped into Yesung. She took a step back while he just lazily looked at her.

 

“What? Am I ghost or something?” Yesung asked.

 

“Don’t talk to me like that,” Jessica spat and glared at him before leaving.

 

Yesung only rolled his eyes and walked to where his friends are. Just as always, they were a noisy bunch of guys.

 

“Yah! Lee Donghae, keep your hands away from me!” One guy said.

 

“But Hyukkie~” Donghae pouted and Hyukjae had no choice but to give in to Donghae’s pout.

 

He then signs his name under the list of soccer participants. He may not be that good compared to his friends, but that doesn’t mean he too.

 

 

_*_

 

 

Practice time was the worst time for Jessica. Oh how she wished she really did sign up for some boring board game than this. She could have slept all day and not really care. When she finished three laps of jogging, she stopped. She lies down beside Sooyoung and Sunny who were resting on the benches.

 

Jessica fanned herself and watched the others practice. Her eyes landed on the group that was practicing soccer. One team had Doojoon as team captain, while the other has Junsu. Donghae belonged to the latter’s team. She suddenly sat up and gawked at the smiling face of Donghae as Hyukjae goals a second before the timer ends, ending the game.

 

“Go oppa!”

 

Donghae gave a thumbs up to someone and Jessica followed the direction where he was facing, only to see that it was Amber, Krystal’s Taiwanese-American friend. Hurriedly, she run down, about to go to her sister and her friend.

 

The game ended and she sees Donghae going to the direction of Krystal and Amber. Without seeing her shoelaces, she accidentally steps on her left loose shoelace and almost falls. She prayed she would be caught for her pride would be ruin when she would trip. It would be such an embarrassment. Luckily, someone caught her. She was hoping someone good looking from the soccer team, or Donghae.

 

“Are you okay?” Recognizing that voice, she shot her eyes open and pushed who was holding her.

 

“YOU! DON’T TOUCH ME!” Jessica yelled with their butts on the ground already.

 

“Wow. You are grateful. Glad to help,” Yesung commented.

 

“Eonni! Are you okay?” Krystal just arrived beside her sister and witnessed what was happening.

 

“Hey, you okay?” Donghae asked and Jessica watched as Donghae was affectionate to Yesung who just stood up and dusted himself.

 

“I’m okay, but I don’t know about Jessica,” he said with his eyes looking somewhere else.

 

Donghae offered his hand and Jessica gladly took it. A blush went to her cheeks that went unnoticed by Donghae.

 

“Tie your shoes so you won’t trip, okay?” He said while holding her shoulders and Jessica nodded. She watches as Donghae jogs back to his groupmates who were drinking water.

 

“Eonni, please be careful next time,” Krystal said.

 

“You know, Donghae is a nice guy, but I doubt he’ll ever like you back,” Jessica glared at the owner of the voice, who is Yesung.

 

“Why are you even still here?” She asked and he just smirked.

 

“I know Donghae more than you ever will. Even if you’ve liked him all your life, I know him more than you would ever know,” Yesung said. He was already just a few centimeters away from Jessica’s face.

 

She fumed and pushed him away. He will not believe Yesung. Saying that she has no for Donghae is one of the biggest insults she has ever received. Oh how she loathes this guy. She has more reasons to hate on this guy now.

 

“I hate you,” Jessica said while gritting her teeth.

 

“The feeling is mutual,” Yesung wears an evil smile and Jessica scoffs.

 

“Couple talk?” Heechul teases.

 

“HELL NO!” They both yell and turn their backs against each other.

 

“That evil . I shall plot something evil for his existence. Then I’ll show to him that I’m perfect for Donghae. I am for Donghae for my name isn’t Jessica Jung,” she said and gives off an evil laugh. Other gave her a weird look, but she doesn’t notice it.

 

“Maybe a subtle throwing off a cliff, but there’s none here in Seoul. Must devise a plan to get rid of that guy. But for now, I must return to practice.”

 


 

Hi, everyone! ^^ I'm sure you've missed our couple. So did I~ :> It's finally my sembreak! Almost because I still have one Saturday class, but after that, sembreak! :D October will be amazing because birthday of Yixing my love, Donghae, Baby Zelo, Suzy, Krystal and yours truly~ XD

 

Lastly, please check out my other story, Welcome to SMTown! :D