Competitions

Accidentally In Love

 

After two weeks of practice, the sports festival has begun. The whole school was divided into 5 teams, the white, blue, red, green and yellow team. Everyone cheered for their own team. As for the girls, Jessica, Tiffany, Hyoyeon and Yuri were in the white team. Taeyeon, Yoona and Sooyoung were in the red team and Sunny and Seohyun are in yellow.

 

“Ladies and nggukgentlemen! The sports festival has always been one of the most awaited events of the school year. Instead of the usual mental exercises we give, we would like for everyone to use the physical aspect of their body. We hope that everyone will practice fair play, sportsmanship, cooperation and camaraderie too. Please enjoy the sports festival as I, your principal, Goo Taehyun, officially declare the sports festival open!”

 

Everyone cheered and blasts of party poppers were heard. Everyone was cheering. Events were held simultaneously. Some will play, a few will still practice but most of the people will watch the games.

 

“Where is Yuri?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“I think she’s with Yoona. Where did they go anyway?” Jessica asked.

 

“I heard them talking about going to the library,” Tiffany said.

 

“Boring,” Taeyeon said.

 

And as what Tiffany said, Yuri and Yoona quietly made their way to the library, where most of the people who are watching are other participants and those that were at the list of the smartest in their batch. To their expectation, Seohyun was also there.

 

“What’s her event again?” Yuri asked.

 

“Scrabble,” Yoona said.

 

“Seriously?” Yuri asked and Yoona nodded.

 

The two of them went in and tried to quietly sit down next to Seohyun, but they made shuffling noises, making people look at them. They were watching chess, a boring game for them. But the only thing that makes them watch it was because Yuri’s crush, Kibum. In their group of friends, it was no secret that Yuri likes Kibum. Anyone will obviously like him the moment he smiles and it just so happen that Yuri is one of them. To top it off, he’s smart and does acting. In short, perfect. But he’s just hard to reach and befriend. You’re lucky if he nods and smile at you.

 

“Check,” Kibum says.

 

“Yes!” Yuri said audibly, annoying everyone. She apologized and looked back to the game to see Kibum, not even looking at her. She just sighed. She wonders why it was so hard to have attention from Kibum.

 

Even though the opponent managed to save the king, Kibum was able to win within a few more moves. Thus, declaring him the winner.

 

Yuri clapped her hand and let out a squeal and again, people looked at her. Kibum looked at her and shook his head. Yuri sighed and wished for a smile from Kibum. He didn’t even smile when they announced he was the winner. As their game finished, other games that were playing simultaneously were still ongoing. One of the next games was scrabble, where Seohyun participated in. The two girls cheered with small voices. Seohyun turned to them and she smiled.

 

 

_*_

 

 

Jessica watches as the two soccer teams are warming up. She sees the players and knows which among those guys like her friends. Calling her group of friends, they all followed what Jessica told them, to cheer for the team. Her main goal: Make Yesung’s team lose. The blue and green teams were against each other and Yesung’s team was the blue one. She wants to make sure that they lose.

 

As the game began, the girls tried to cheer and those guys became distracted. Some would turn their heads and would get the ball stolen away from them.

 

“Get your head on the game!” Donghae yelled and the others nodded. Yesung looks at his teammates and became worried at how they were easily distracted by those 9 girls.

 

“What’s so special about them anyway?” Yesung muttered under his breath.

 

“What did you say, hyung?” Joonmyun asked and Yesung shook his head.

 

“Jongin-ah!” They turned and saw Krystal waving to Kai, who waved back. The two were about to meet halfway when they heard another voice.

 

“Krystal Jung! Come over here!” Jessica calls and Krystal had no choice.

 

She pulls her sister and glares towards Yesung directions. At that moment, he knew what she was planning. She was never interested in sports anyway, and Donghae isn’t even playing. So it’s suspicious why she was there.

 

“Alright! Switch of members. Donghae and Yesung, go in,” Junsu said and the two got in.

 

Yesung feels like he’s fighting against her even though he wasn’t. He wasn’t the best when it comes to soccer, but he enjoys it.

 

By the end of the time, the score was miraculously 4-1, thanks to Yesung. Jessica felt thirsty and decided to drink on the water fountain. Yesung also followed in hopes of talking with the Ice Princess.

 

“What are you doing?” He asked.

 

“Isn’t it obvious that I’m drinking?”

 

“Not that. I meant you, being here.”

 

“I came to cheer for Donghae,” she smiled.

 

“Then why’d you bring your friends?”

 

“Why are you even asking me? We’re not even friends to begin with. It just so happens that many people we know know each other. Can you please interfering with my life?” Jessica said and walked away. But Yesung said words that caught her attention.

 

“Listen, I am not the one interfering with your life. It’s you okay. You were the one who grabbed me and pulled me into that ki—“  She covered his lips with her hand to which she removed afterwards and wiped it away.

 

“STOP! It was your fault that it happened!” She yelled and walked away. She called her friends and left, even her sister, making the other guys hurt.

 

Jessica asked herself why she was even interested in annoying this guy who doesn’t seem to be any worthy of her time. She was just wasting her time anyway.

 

 

_*_

 

 

Jessica had been distracted by her thoughts, thoughts of a certain guy she hates so much. Her mind was too pre-occupied that she didn’t even hear the calling of her name.

 

“JESSICA JUNG!” She snapped when she saw Bora, leader of their track team. “I don’t know and I don’t care what’s bothering you, Jessica, but you have to put your mindset in the game. I know you’re the weakest here, but I believe in you.” Bora talked it into Jessica, who just stood up and lazily walked to the line of players.

 

“Do you really believe in her?” One of Bora’s co-members in the track team asked.

 

“I don’t. I just thought I could encourage her,” Bora shook her head.

 

“If she loses….”

 

“It’s not a surprise if she would,” Bora sighed.

 

The players all lined up and began to stretch. Jessica just wandered her eyes around. As the players were called, Jessica went into position.

 

“Okay. Game time, Jessica. Win for Donghae,” she thought.

 

Before the whistle blew, she saw Donghae and his friends were there to watch the game. She smiled and became more inspired. As soon as the whistle was blown, Jessica ran with all her might. Seeing Donghae smile, she ran with all her might. Then suddenly, she saw Yesung. Her face became bitter, but her run became faster that to everyone’s surprise, she won.

 

“Oh my god. Jessica won,” Bora had her jaw drop and Jessica was still running.

 

“Jessica, watch out!” Sunny yelled and it was too late because as soon as Jessica turned, she hit her head on a post.

 

 

_*_

 

 

Jessica woke up with a sore head. She tried to get up but she felt a pain on her head. She placed her hand on the aching part as she tried to sit up.

 

“Eonni!” Krystal ran to her side and helped her sit up.

 

“I had a long nap,” she said and stretched her hands. “But my head hurts.”

 

“Eonni, you hit your head on a post earlier and you’ve been asleep the whole day,” Krystal explained.

 

“What time is it?” Jessica asked.

 

“It’s past 5 already. You won the 100 m dash though,” Krystal said and raised Jessica’s medal. “Your teammates couldn’t believe it,” Krystal added and Jessica tried to stand up. She hugged her sister and wore the medal. She can’t believe she actually won a sports contest. She remembered seeing Donghae but then remembering Yesung, her face turned sour.

 

“Anything wrong, eonni?” Krystal asked and Jessica just shook her head.

 

 

 


 

 

So Jessica hit her head on a pole because she ran straight and didn't turn, thus hitting herself. :p Please state any errors as I wasn't able to proofread this~ :>