The First Meeting

Accidentally In Love

Jessica felt her cellphone vibrate and takes it out to see her tutor, Jongwoon message her.

 

“This is Jongwoon. I would like to ask regarding our tutor when do you want for it to happen.”

 

Jessica rolls her eyes and thinks whether she should reply to the message. She doesn’t want to have any tutor lessons. But then she knows how much she needs to study. She replies when, where and what to wear.

 

“Why is she so demanding?” Yesung muttered as he read that he has to wear a hoodie and that he has to cover his face. The address is attached and the time he is to arrive.

 

“Who are you texting, Jessica?” Taeyeon looked over Jessica’s phone. Jessica not caring, closes her phone.

 

“Just my tutor named Jongwoon.”

 

“Oh, you have tutor?” Yuri asked, surprised.

 

“Yeah. I need to pull up my grades.”

 

Jessica doesn’t want to have tutor, but she needs to. She could ask Seohyun, but the girl is stricter than a principal. She tried asking help for math and ended up teaching her ethics, morals and health too. She got a lecture from Seohyun about the health benefits of eating cucumbers. Although Seohyun is a good friend, she thinks that she doesn’t want to experience that again.

 

 

_*_

 

 

Meanwhile, Sooyoung sits with Hyoyeon. The two of them eating ice cream with Sooyoung texting someone very so often. She giggles and Hyoyeon notices it.

 

“Are you text flirting someone?” Hyoyeon asks.

 

“I am not. I am just enjoying exchanging messages with this person. What’s wrong with that?” Sooyoung pouts and Hyoyeon rolls her eyes at her friend. She tries to ignore how Sooyoung is acting in front of her.

 

To be honest, the person Sooyoung was exchanging messages with was Siwon. Siwon was with his friends and he was smiling alone. His friends didn’t ask him who he was texting, assuming it was Tiffany. But they were surprised when Tiffany appeared.

 

“Siwon oppa~” Tiffany smiled and hooked her arm around him. Startling Siwon, he hid his cellphone, ignoring Sooyoung’s messages.

 

Sooyoung waited for Siwon’s message. She was sad when he didn’t even say why he was busy.

“Sooyoung!” She turned and saw Changmin.

 

“Hey, there’s this new restaurant in town and I was hoping you could go with me? Not just the two of us, you could bring Hyoyeon here and your other friends if you want. Maybe my friends would also come if you want. Just text me, okay?”

 

Changmin leaves off with a hope that Sooyoung will saw yes. Before Hyoyeon would ask anything about Sooyoung, they saw Tiffany and Siwon approaching them.

 

“Hey, do you want to eat out with us? The others of Siwon’s friends are coming with us,” Tiffany said.

 

“Ah. Mian, but Changmin already asked me out to eat later. Now, if you’d excuse me, I would ask the others if they would like to come with us to eat.” Sooyoung sadly said and left immediately. Siwon followed to where Sooyoung was going to and she went out to look for the others.

 

Sooyoung sighed the moment she stepped out of their sight and immediately messaged Changmin, saying that she agrees to a date.

 

On the inside, Changmin shouts in victory as Sooyoung agress on a date with him. Hyoyeon noticed in the way Siwon’s expression changed, but Tiffany just congratulated him because she thinks he has a chance since she knows Sooyoung doesn’t like someone.

 

 

_*_

 

 

As night came, Jessica practices a song in front of the mirror and sings a song when she hears the doorbell rang. She had told the rest of the people of the household that her tutor is coming and that she’ll be the one to answer the door.

 

Yesung covers his face, wondering as to why he has to experience this. The house was big, much to his surprise. He doesn’t have an idea who the person is. He’s doing this out of good will.

 

“Are you my—“

 

Jessica’s eyes widen when she sees Yesung standing outside of her house.

 

“What are you doing here?” Confusion was all over the place and they were more surprised when they realized what was happening— Jessica’s tutor is Yesung.

 

Yesung closed his eyes. To think that luck really isn’t by his side. Of all the people the teachers could have assigned to him, they just have to give him the girl she least wants to be with. Suddenly, being pulled inside, Jessica runs a hand on her hair while Yesung marvels at the house Jessica lives in. He and his younger brother only live in a small apartment while his parents does not live with them since their work is at a different city.

 

“Let me guess things straight. Your name is Jongwoon?”

 

“Your name is Sooyeon.”

 

“DON’T. I prefer Jessica. Besides, Jessica is my real birth name. Teachers would sometime use my Korean name in private and I hate it. Anyway, why are you my tutor?!” Jessica asked, purposefully hitting Yesung on his chest.

 

“Ow. What a way to welcome me. Really. Thanks. Besides, as if I know the one I would be tutoring is you. I was expecting a beautiful and nice girl, not you.”

 

“Excuse me, but you’re facing the school’s most beautiful girl.”

 

“I still prefer those with gold and pure hearts. I’d also prefer humble girls.”

 

“Well obviously, that won’t be me.”

 

Silence filled the room as they don’t know want to do. Obviously, they don’t like the outcome of the first meeting of the tutor. Yesung then remembers that he was asked to wear such an outfit and asks Jessica.

 

“Because I don’t know what you would look like, I mean, what if you were horrendously ugly? That would be so embarrassing, having such an ugly person to be with.”

 

Yesung is shooting death glares at Jessica, who seems as if she didn’t say something offensive to him or to anyone for that matter.

 

“Listen, isn’t there anyone I could have as my tutor in science? There are probably a lot of you smarty pants that could help me. I’d prefer to have someone else.”

 

“You know, it’s easy on my part to just say to the teacher that I don’t need to tutor you. I’m doing this out of goodwill. I’m not the one in need of tutoring. But on your part, good luck on finding other smarty pants who can give time to help tutor others because most of those people are really getting into the top universities in school. You were even lucky that I agreed to this, but seeing that it’s you and you don’t seem to like it, maybe I could not continue to tutor you. Besides, I’m even doing this for free. Haven’t you thought of it?”

 

Yesung waits for Jessica’s answer. What he was saying was true. Jessica couldn’t easily get a free tutor within a span of a short time. Others would actually be too scared to even go near her. Having someone agreeing so easily, well Yesung clearly had no idea that it would be her, was like a blessing. Seeing that Jessica doesn’t seem to object yet, he sighs and turns around to leave.

 

“Wait.”

 

Yesung stops and Jessica sighs this time. As if she really has a choice. Her grades are really in jeopardy and she needs tutoring very much to her dismay.

 

“I’ll agree to this, but let’s go according to my schedule.” 

 

 


 

-unbeta-

 

Hi. :> This is supposed to be a double update. But I'm updating from school and the other chapter is at home. I'm trying to update with all that I can while I still have free time. :3