Their Differences

Accidentally In Love

Like any high school, there are the most popular girls, or as some or most would like to call, the queen bees of the school. With nine girls, led by the ice princess, Jessica Jung, they have been crowned the most popular and most beautiful girls. And the one who declared this, is Jessica herself.

 

Their group is composed of different personalities. There’s Taeyeon, the great singer who is the ‘creep’ among them, as some of them had pointed. Sunny may be the youngest looking among them, but she’s one of the bravest among them and her body is voluptuous, second to Jessica that is (because the ice princess doesn’t settle for second best). Tiffany is the sweet girl from San Franciso. Her charm is beautiful eye smile and her cute mispronunciation of Korean words sometimes. Hyoyeon is their dancing queen and best athlete among them. She is considered the other bravest and strongest among them, physically and emotionally. Yuri is the group’s resident joker and the girl who always messes up, according to Jessica that is, but nonetheless, the latter still loves her. Sooyoung is the group’s 1st shikshin. Despite the alligator that lives in her stomach, this girl still manages to maintain a beautiful body and can capture the hearts of many. She can imitate others, to which they all find funny. If there is the 1st shikshin, the 2nd shikshin is Yoona, the second most beautiful among them, as what Jessica had stated, is the girl who can put her whole fist in . She is the second best actress too, as what Jessica told everyone. Seohyun is the youngest among them who acts most mature among them. She thinks like a wise old grandmother, like what she is sometimes teased. Her words help the girls to stand up after falling.


Lastly, there is Jessica Jung, the self-acclaimed princess among them. She’s narcissistic, talented, and beautiful and she doesn’t settle less than the best. She may not be the best when it comes to academics. She knows what she’s best at, performing, and she cannot accept that someone is better than her.

 

As oppose to what she always to describe her life, perfect, this year, she feels lonely.

 

“Valentine’s Day is near! Can you believe it?” Sooyoung beamed. Jessica rolled her eyes. Sooyoung is thinking of a special someone, her secret crush that only Jessica and Yuri knows, the captain of the basketball team, Choi Siwon.

 

“Valentine’s Day? Psht. That’s nothing. I prefer White Day, because guys can confess to me or at least give me chocolate,” Jessica said.

 

“But you don’t even eat those chocolates. You even give them to Sooyoung,” Tiffany stated.

 

“It doesn’t matter. This year’s Valentine’s Day will not be different from any other year,” Jessica stated. She’s not bitter because her long time secret crush has not been confessing on her, like what she expects. They’re in their final year in high school and it really will just ruin her reputation (and crush her poor heart) if she still doesn’t get a boyfriend. But she just doesn’t simply get anyone as a boyfriend. Her ex was a famous basketball player who was in college. The reason why they break up was unknown to all. For secret, let’s just call the guy Ok Taecyeon.

 

And just like on cue, Jessica’s long time crush, one of the school’s heartthrob and soccer player/member of the school’s dance team, Lee Donghae, passed by. Lee Donghae was one of the most popular guys in school. He was friendly and athletic. Jessica had always like the guy ever since, but the guy doesn’t seem to notice the girl’s feelings,

 

“Jessica, you’re being obvious,” Tiffany whispered. Jessica snapped out of her gaze and sat up straight, making it seem like she was uninterested.

 

Donghae waved his hand and Jessica’s smile grew big. She was about to raise her hand to wave back, but Donghae ran pass them.

 

“Hyukkie!” Donghae yelled. Jessica was lucky that she didn’t raise her hand high enough to get embarrassed.

 

“Jessica, it’s time for class,” Taeyeon tapped her shoulder and she snapped out of her thoughts.

 

She took her bag and notebooks. She took a last look at Donghae before walking. While walking, she accidentally bumped into someone.

 

“Sorry,” a guy with a deep voice said.

 

Jessica looked at the guy who was about to get her things, but she stopped it.

 

“Don’t you dare get it!” Jessica said.

 

The guy flinched and stopped. He looked at Jessica and tilted his head. Unlike most of the guys, he’s unafraid of her.

 

Jessica glared at him and picked up the notebooks that fell. She rolled her eyes, flipped her hair and walked away. Yesung rolled his eyes too. Of all the people he had just had to bump, it just had to be the ‘princess’.

 

“What’s with the face?” Heechul asked Yesung.

 

“I bumped into the ice princess,” Yesung said and everyone else knew why he was acting that way.

 

Kim Jongwoon, or more known as Yesung, is a weird king of guy, as others would say. He was weird in a way that his actions are unpredictable and when he does, it’s unusual. There are times that his friends actually prevent him to do anything before he bursts into his crazy antics.

 

Despite his weird image, he’s friendly and can be quiet when he wants too. He’s a perfectionist and hates being late. Unlike Jessica, he is humble. His first love is also singing and is very dedicated about what he does.

 

His friends are also the craziest people he had met. He also wonders why he is the one labeled ‘weird’, when all of them are also weird.

 

 

_*_

 

 

After classes, Jessica tapped her foot, waiting for her sister.

 

“Where is that girl?!” Jessica huffed. She’s an impatient person and having her wait for more than 10 minutes make her feel that she’s unimportant. To her, the world does revolve around.

 

“I’m giving that girl another minute and if she doesn’t go, I’m leaving her,” Jessica told their driver. Jessica looked at her watch and counted.

 

“10… 9… 8… 7… 6… 5… 4… 3...”

 

“I’m sorry I’m late!” Krystal said, running towards Jessica and their limo.

 

“You’re late,” Jessica said and entered the car. Krystal followed afterwards without uttering a word.

 

Just like the rides from other days, Jessica would plug in her earphones and listen to songs that she will practice later. Krystal would glance at her sister from time to time, wanting to start a conversation with her older sister, but it seems that it’s hard for her to do so. The last time she had attempted, Jessica yelled at her so much, she cried to tears… and she’s not the type to easily cry.

 

As soon as they arrived home, Jessica left Krystal, who just watched her sister go up to her room. They weren’t like this. Jessica wasn’t like this. She was more cheerful than this. But ever since their mom left them, she became the self-centered girl who thinks highly of herself and is cold as ever.

 

Krystal tries to shrug it off, but sometimes it’s hard not to ignore it. She is Jessica’s sister after all and she cares for her.

 

 

_*_

 

 

Yesung threw his bag on the couch. It was just another tiring day for him. The tests were hard, not to mention, he bumped to the princess.

 

“Hyung!” His brother greeted him with a ball in his hands.

 

“Gonna play with your friends?” He asked his younger brother.


”Ne, hyung,” the younger answered.

 

“Joonmyun, just an advice, team up with Kris,” he teased to which his brother chuckled. “Take care.”

 

“I will. I gotta go now before he teams up with Chanyeol and Tao,” he said and left.

 

Yesung watched his brother leave and he was alone. He opened their fridge and took out the bottle of water. He drank it and sighed.

 

He and his younger brother, Joonmyun, live in a small apartment near their high school. Their parents work abroad and let Yesung in charge. He doesn’t mind it though. Sometimes he feels lonely when Joonmyun isn’t around, but whenever his friends calls, he knows that he won’t feel lonely.

 

“HYUNG!!” A yell broke out when he picked up his cellphone.

 

“What is it, Donghae?” He asked through the line. It was his cousin, who knows that cares about him.

 

“Siwon is asking if you can come over here and have a dvd marathon with him!”

 

“And you?” He asked.

 

“Is inviting Hyukkie of course!” Donghae beamed. He just shrugged and agreed. He doesn’t have anything to do anyway. 

 

 


 

First chapter out~ ^o^ Please share your thoughts through the comment box~ ^^