Inspiration

Accidentally In Love

 

“I spy with my eyes, something pink!” Tiffany pointed and everyone groaned.

 

“All of your things?” Yuri answered and Tiffany nodded. Playing I spy isn’t that fun but it kills time while waiting for the others.  “Jessica.”

 

“Okay then. I spy with my eyes…” as she scans the place, her eyes landed on the person inside her heart. “Cute that has a puppy face. Has a soccer ball. Smiling…” Lost in her tracks, she gets distracted by Donghae. The others just groaned and decided not to play anymore because no one is really that interested.

 

Hours passed and it was rehearsal time already. Jessica, rehearsing at the stage, impresses people much to her liking. As more people enter the theater, she spots Yesung as one of them. She gets surprised when she sees him and her face changes. After finishing her song, she goes down of the stage, to be welcomed by her number one fan.

 

“Sunbae!”

 

“Oh, it’s you again,” she fakes a smile at the younger one.

 

“You were amazing but then your face changed. Why—“ She stopped listening to her and held her inger up, making the other shut up. She took out her phone and sent a message to Yesung.

 

‘Why are you here in the theater?! Last time I checked, you weren’t part of the cast or production team.’

 

‘I’m not here for you but for my friends… not unless you want me to be here for you.’

 

‘Eew. Gross. I do expect you’d fall for my charms that easy. But I have many other admirers that I can watch out for.’

 

Squinting at his phone, Yesung doesn’t even bother to reply anymore. He hides his phone and sits at a seat next to his friends.

 

When the rehearsals ended, Yesung stood up and exited with his friends. Jessica saw Yesung and the others and furrowed her eyebrows.

 

“Yah~ You’ve been eyeing that weirdo ever since he came here,” Taeyeon said.

 

“He’s just annoying. He’s everywhere. It irritates me,” Jessica answers and grabs her bag to leave. As she was preparing her things, she opened a note inside her bag that wasn’t there before.

 

‘Science exam on Wednesday. Study hard. –JW’

 

JW? She then remembers Jongwoon and rolls her eyes. She plans to sleep most of the weekend then rehearse, but now she has to study science. She sighs and knows that she has to do this for Donghae and for her future school.

 

_*_

 

 

By weekend, their father was surprisingly at home.

 

“Appa!” Jessica was surprised and happy to see him, but he was in a suit and having his breakfast.

 

“Good morning. I was just having my breakfast and I’m ready to leave afterwards.”

 

“But won’t you stay for the rest of the day?”

 

“I can’t.”

 

“Won’t you at least stay until Krystal wakes up?”

 

“I’m sorry but I can’t,” her dad stands up and takes his briefcase. “Take care of you and your sister while I’m gone.” He kisses her forehead and Jessica watches as their father leave.

 

“By the way, I’ve got a surprise for you. Get it on the table at the living room,” their father said and left.

 

Jessica sadly goes to the living room to see a giant envelope with her name on it. She opens the envelope and sees “Berkelee” and freezes for a moment. She looks at the paper and it was an application there. She reads the rules and the requirements and she can’t help but squeal in happiness that her father had actually took application papers of it. Although it was something simple, she never had the courage to do so. Now, she thinks that her father thinks she can do it. She smiles to herself and puts the folder in her room.

 

 

_*_

 

 

Jessica dedicated a lot of time to studying, surprising Yesung. He watches her concentrate and he didn’t actually expect her to be like this. He was curious as to why she was very dedicated this time. Jessica paused and stretched her hands.

 

“Give yourself a break. You’ve been studying straight. At least breathe for 10 minutes,” Yesung told her and she suddenly lied on the couch. “I was just wondering why you are so dedicated to study in order to meet Donghae when you can just go to him and greet him. You are Jessica Jung anyway.”

 

“It’s not that simple.”

 

“What’s not so simple about—“

 

“Stop talking! I’m talking!” Yesung rolls his eyes and shuts up. “Anyway, Donghae, unlike any other guys that I like, does not seem to notice me. He’s different from the other guys I’ve met. He’s innocent and pure. He’s someone who looks like won’t break my heart and someone who would love someone seriously. I’ve kept him inside my heart because he makes me happy. Even when I just see him, I’m happy. I’ve known him since before I became the Jessica Jung right now and he was friendly, greeting everyone he sees in sight. And maybe, that’s one of the reason I like him… Because he sees the world in a positive light. He sees the goodness of everyone. I… Donghae… I would like to keep him in my heart. It’s not that easy to talk to him because he’s always pre-occupied, like how a kid is. I like him that way.”

 

Yesung coughs and tells her to get back to studying, which Jessica does without complain. He looks at her and sees her in a different light. For the first time, he sees her as someone in love. He sees her being serious and not even annoying the slightest bit.

 

“Seeing you not annoy me is new to me,” he comments. Looking up to him, he was met with her signature icy glare.

 

“You should be grateful that for once, I am taking things seriously. Now, don’t disturb me.”

 

Yesung giggled and for some reason, when he saw Jessica smile too, even if she wasn’t looking, he thought that her smile was beautiful.

 

 


 

Hi guys~ I'm sorry but sometimes I feel like I'm losing inspiration. ;_____; I'm trying my best though. Please enjoy my other stories though, whether completed or still ongoing~ :3