Chapter 2

Injuries

 

“Taeyeon, this is Leeteuk, your new physical therapist. He’s the best in Asia!”

Leeteuk?” Taeyeon snorted and turned her nose away from Leeteuk’s hand held out in awkward greeting.

Lee Sooman awkwardly laughed at Leeteuk apologizing, “She’s really usually friendlier. It’s been a really tough couple of days, you know. Maybe you two should go for lunch, to get to know each other before tomorrow!”

Leeteuk opened his mouth to say something but Taeyeon cut him off, “Aniyo. I want to go back to my dorm now.”

The president was forced to clasp his hands and smile awkwardly again, “About that…. We had to rent you a new place for you to stay that will be able to accommodate your…. Condition,”

Her jaw clenched and she felt tears coming but she’d kiss a baboon before she cried in from of him again. “Neh, Sa jang-nim”

She angrily wheeled herself to the door, but she stopped at the door and looked up at the handle and tried to reach for it. She grabbed it, but was having problems with pushing herself out the door and keeping the door open when Leeteuk stepped forward and propped open the door. She glared at him, embarrassed. Just then, Kangin was walking by and he saw her, “Taengoo! Yah, you really scared us! Seriously, you took ten years off my life.” He barely glanced at Leeteuk before saying, “I’ll help her from here. Where are we going?”

“I have a special bus outside. It’s taking me to my new place.”

Leeteuk watched Kangin push Taeyeon down the hall, both of them chatting happily and as he was shutting the door he heard her burst of ahjumma-like laughter and his breath was caught in his throat. He half-listened to Lee Sooman apologize again before he left.

~

The landlady escorted her in and showed her around her new house. It was very white and dull.

The bathroom was specialized for her use and she was introduced to her nurse, an older lady who had a big, welcoming face.

“I’ll be the one who helps you shower and go to the bathroom, so we’ll become friends quickly,” She joked.

Taeyeon just laughed nervously. The nurse’s room was only separated from hers by a thin sliding door, so Taeyeon could ask for help during the night if she needed it. The nurse promptly asked the landlady to go away and preceded asking Taeyeon some very personal questions, “How often do you pee in the middle of the night? When does your period start? Make sure to look at your leg’s position, so that no one sees up your skirt!”

Taeyeon trailed helplessly after her for awhile until she led her to the dining table, sized perfectly for her and instructed her to sit there while she prepared dinner.

“Ah, excuse me, but… I don’t know your name…?” Taeyeon trailed off uncertainly.

“Shin Yoomi, nice to meet you,” She nodded. She ducked into the kitchen and opened the fridge, “Aigoo~! There’s nothing in here. At all!”

“Seriously? Well, we could always order Goobne chicken?”

“Are you advertising?”

“Aniyo~” Taeyeon laughed, “I get really fast delivery!”

“Mm, okay go ahead,” Yoomi said, sitting across from Taeyeon.

Taeyeon took her cell phone out of her bag that she had on the back of her chair, “Yoboseyo? Neh, I’d like 4 servings of fried chicken, please…… Neh,, Ah, really? An hour backup! Ahhh but, um I-I’m Kim Taeyeon….. Chincha!”

Yoomi laughed as Taeyeon started singing the Goobne chicken jingle. Her eyes lit up and she said, “Neh, Kansahmida!”

“Kids these days,” Yoomi teased as Taeyeon hung up the phone with a bashful look on her face.

“Sometimes, you have to do these things to get chicken.” Taeyeon said seriously.

Taeyeon and Yoomi got to know each other better while they waited for the chicken to arrive. The doorbell rang and Taeyeon instinctively tried to jump out of her eat to get the door. Yoomi looked at her comfortingly before going to the door herself. The delivery boy handed over the chicken, and some other things that the cook had made just for Taeyeon, and when he saw a glimpse of her behind the nurse he shouted, “Taeyeon hwaiting!”

Taeyeon yelled, “Kansahmida!” back just as the door was closing.

“Ahh unnie, my arms hurt~!” Taeyeon whined later as her nursed set her in her bed and pulled the covers up over her.

“Mm, they’ll hurt for a while. But at least you’ll be strong when all this is over,”

Taeyeon sighed into the dark room when her unnie left, agreeing with her.

So Leeteuk, huh? Oh course it was him. Not Leeteuk, but Park Junsoo. He was still the man that had thrown her away like a worn out pair of shoes. Her eyes welled up spilled over. The doorbell rang and she saw the light in Yoomi’s room turn un through the sliding door.

‘Who’s there?” Yoomi asked through the intercom.

“So Nyuh Shi Dae imidah!” was the energetic reply she got. Yoomi sighed and let them in.

“She’s already in bed. I’ll go prop her up.”

“Wahh, it’s too plain in here, let’s go shopping for her tomorrow, Yuri!” Yoona said.

“Do you hurt?” Yoomi asked worriedly when she saw the kid leader’s teary face.

She shook her head, “I just need to talk to the girls,”

“Mm, let me help you up. Now don’t you girls stay up all night chatting!” She warned before retreating to her own room.

No on heeded her warning as they were all crowding Taeyeon in concern.

“What’s wrong, unnie?” Seohyun asked, sitting next to her.

Taeyeon put a hand on to steady her trembling lip, “Park Junsoo.”

The Soshi girls gasped, “Did you see him?” Hyoyeon asked.

Their leader nodded, “He’s m-my new physical therapist. I have to see him every day!”

~

Taeyeon woke up the next morning with Seohyun and Tiffany on either side of her. The other girls had gone home with promises of bring decorations or her house and lots of blow up mattresses with them next time, so that everyone could sleep over. After breakfast (they had to order take out again) Tiffany and Seohyun accompanied Taeyeon to her first physical therapy session, as it was agreed that there was no way she should do that alone.

When they arrived Leeteuk greeted them awkwardly and went through an overview of what they would be doing over the next few weeks and when he was done he asked if anyone had any questions or comments and Tiffany raised her hand.

Leeteuk nervously nodded for her to go on.

“If  you try anything even a little funny, I will personally make sure that all your future relationships are ruined and you die old and alone.”

“N-neh,” He sighed. This was going to be hard.

So when i said, i would update tomorrow or Monday, i aparently meant the same day. so yay? haha but im done for today! For reals this time. New chapter soon!