Chapter 1

Injuries

Junsoo and Taeyeon were  on the lawn of the local highschool, waiting for the fireworks to start. Taeyeon had been talking about the movie her and her older brother had watched last night, when suddenly Junsoo interupted her, "Yah, Kim Taeyeon. Let's be together forever, OK?"

She snorted, "yah, Park Junsoo,  why would we ever seperate. Who else would take me to see fireworks?"

"I'm glad im useful," He laughed wrapping his arms around Taeyeons waist and hugging her until the first firework went off and she pushed him away, holding on to his arm instead. Junsoo didn't really like fireworks, but Taeyeon loved them. He watched her stare up at them with wonder in her eyes, as though she had never seen firworks before, and smiled. Why would they ever seperate?

5 years later

Kim Taeyeon always swore she knew when something big was going to happen that day. From the moment she woke up, she felt different. She felt it her first day of school, she felt it the day Junsoo broke up with her, she felt it the day she got her call back from SM Entertainment. However, that morning she felt normal. Only the moment before impact happened and pain shot through her body did she register that today was a big day. 

She woke up in a bright hospital room. A very noisy one. She could hear the fimiliar voices of her friends yelling at the doctors from behind the door. She tried to laugh, but it hurt, so she quit. She decided to go to the door and ask the doctors to let the girls in. 

But she couldn't.

It didn't make sense, really. Her legs didn't hurt. They didn't feel like anything. Were they even there? She panicly threw off her blankets. They were bruised and cutt, but they were there. She sighed in releif, and tried to wiggle her toes. 

But she couldn't. 

She suddenly registered something Tiffany yelled, "What if she wakes up and can't move her legs?! Someone needs to be there for her! She won't exactly take being paralyzed lightly!" 

Paralyzed.

Taeyeon could think of nothing to do but scream. 

The doctor and all her members burst through the door. Her bed was instantly surrounded by her best friends and  the doctor had to push between Jessica and Sooyoung to get to her. 

"Taeyeon-sshi, calm down. Breathe slowly. You're very lucky you survived. The lower half of your body has been paralyzed, but hopefully only temporarily. The tests will come back tomorrow, and then we'll know for sure. But you will definately need to attend physical therapy."

"Manager-oppa?" Taeyeon muttered, expressionless. All the members silenced solemly. 

Tiffany answered, "He's in a coma. They don't know when he'll wake up."

Taeyeon nodded absently, as if she had already known. 

"The guy who ran into you is getting his sued off." Jessica said casually.

"Is there anything else you need. Taeyeon-sshi?" Her doctor asked.

She shook her head. 

The doctor nodded and left the room of hysterical girls. 

Later, when the girls had to attend their schedule, which was met with much objection, Taeyeon sat still in her trance watching the news coverage of her crash. Five nurses filed into the room, all carrying tons of letters and plants and food. One of them bowed to her and said, "These are from your fans,"

She had fans. They were already doing this stuff for her. Her trance was gone, and she started to cry. The nurses were baffled and one shyly asked, "A-are you OK?" 

taeyeon nodded and sniffed, so the first nurse set her box of fan mail on the end table and handed Taeyeon some tissues and patted her shoulder encouragingly and left; the other nurses did the same. 

The next day, Taeyeon sat up in her bed while Hyoyeon moved her legs around as though she was riding a bicycle, as instructed by the doctor, to try and get circulation flowing in her legs. The other girls were decorating Taeyeons room with fan art that had been sent in as well as pctures of her and her friends and the get well scroll the SM family had written her. 

The doctor entered with a solemn expression and asked for all the girls' attention, "Taeyeon-sshi, your test results are in.and im afraid..... that we're not sure if you'll ever regain use of your legs again,"

The girls stared at him in shock. Sunny squeezed Taeyeon's hand tightly.

"It is possible. But.... it'd be better if you didn't get your hopes up, alright?"

Taeyeon shoulders sagged and she nodded vaguely, fighting the tears back into her eyes. When the doctor left Taeyeon started rambling, "Eottoke? Im goign to be kicked out of SNSD and everyone will forget me and and i'll just be the weird girl in the wheelchair that has no friends and you guys will never want to hang out with me because you want to go run or something that you need legs for and im going to turn into Lutenant Dan from Forest Gump and hate everything and-"

"Kim Taeyeon," Sunny said sharply, "If you think we'd let them kick you out of Soshi, you're crazy. Everything's going to be OK. Trust me."

Everyone else nodded enthusiastically. 

"Artie in Glee is in a wheel chair. And that's fine, he still sings and dances and stuff and it doesn't even matter," Tiffany said and Jessica nodded, as she was the only one who knew what she was talking about.

Taeyeon sat in her wheelchair a few days later, ready to go outside for the first time since her accident. They had dressed her in a skirt (It was the easist to get on) and a tank top and her stylist had come to her hospital room to do her hair and makeup. Her arms stil wren't used to wheeling herself so she was going slowly through the mob of reporters and fans, Taeyeon smiled at the cameras for a second, but she ended but bumping into one of the body guards so she tried to focus.

One reporter was let through, she bent down to Taeyeons level and asked, "Taeyeon-sshi? How bad is the damage to your legs?"

"Ah, it's pretty bad," She smiled faintly, "Luckily, the damage dne to my spinal cord is one that we might be able to improve with physical therapy,"

"Might?"

"Neh, it's not positive whetherI'll be able to get better or not yet," Her body guards pulled the reporter back and gestured for Taeyeon to keep going. A special bus had been brought for her  that would lift her and her wheelchair in and keep her securely in it for the whole ride. She was taken to the SM bulding, and up the elevator to Lee SooMan's office.

"Ah, Taeyeon-sshi," He absently motioned for her to sit down, but he caught himself and coughed awkwardy, and instead e of the guest chairs around to face Taeyeon in her wheelchair, "We will be getting you the best help this continent has to offer, and the company will pay for all of it, so don't worry your parents, neh? We've already brought in the top specialist in Asia, his name is Leeteuk. Would you like to meet him now? The man that can put your life back together?"

She smiled weakly, "Neh," 

"Come on in, Leeteuk," Lee Sooman called cheerfully.

What a happy chapter! Yeah i know. i just ended it there. I'm awful. I listened to my disney channel on Pandora while i listened to this. hah. I feel bad for Taeyeon, really. also, my brother is getting married, and the bridal showers is this sunday so i have to prepare *sigh* and the wedding is August 10th so.... there's that. The next chapter will either be tomorrow or Monday. Maybe, even an update on both? Hmmmm........

Like it? Love it? Hate it? Dying to see the new Batman movie? Tell me about it, becuse i care. No really. i do.