Chapter 8

Injuries

 

Taeyeon inwardly groaned.  Junho?

Even if he was her type, Hyoyeon used to like him and she could not break The Code, it warranted a punishment worse than death.

“Taeyeon, is something wrong?” Victoria asked.

Taeyeon tried to laugh, but it came off slightly insane, “Nooooo. Nope. I'm awesome, actually.”

Victoria gave her a weird, but amused, look.

“Taeyeon-ah!” Looking behind her, Taeyeon saw Wooyoung approaching, holding the arms of both Nichkhun and Junho. “These two wanted to come see you guys!”

As soon as everyone had introduced themselves Changmin called out in a stiff voice, sounding like he was reading off a cue-card, “Wooyoung-hyung, can you come here?”

Wooyoung looked slightly embarrassed but left anyways, nodding and waving at Victoria and Taeyeon as he retreated. The group stood silent and awkward for a second, until Taeyeon realized what was happening and she couldn’t help but laugh and put her face in her hands.

The other three laughed nervously too and Nichkhun said, “he told us he was a good actor.”

That made Taeyeon laugh harder, but after a second she leaned back in her wheelchair and held her stomach, “Aigoo”

“So you’re feeling better, Taeyeon-shi?” Nichkhun asked politely.

She shrugged, “All things considered, yeah.”

They talked for a minute, but when Taeyeon noticed the looks Nichkhun was giving Victoria she decided that she would have to take one for the team. “Junho-ah, can you take me to the snack table, please?”

He hadn’t said anything after the introductions and his ears were bright red but he managed a nod and stammered out, “D-do you want me to….?” He motioned pushing her chair and she shook her head, “Just walk beside me.”

Once they got up to the table Taeyeon found that she was too short to see into the deep bowls containing the food. “And I thought I was short before” she muttered angrily.

She ended up staying with Junho until MuBank ended, h e loosened up a lot and even though Taeyeon had fun talking to him, she was still relieved when his manager called him to leave.

All of f(x) rode with her in her van to her new apartment, with Victoria driving. “Unnie,” Taeyeon called to Victoria playfully, “do you like Nichkhun?”

The others members promptly freaked out, which was what Taeyeon wanted to happen. Victoria blushed like mad and said, “How could I? I just met him!”

“So?” Luna, Sulli, and Krystal said at the same time.

Victoria didn’t have a response for that so she just said, “What about you? You asked Junho to take you somewhere private!”

The group’s look of astonishment turned to Taeyeon, who quickly argued, “I did not! I asked him to take me to the snack bar so that you and Nichkhun could be alone!”

“How do I always miss stuff like this?” Amber asked herself out loud.

“Taeyeon-unnie,” Sulli  said gently, grabbing Taeyeons hand, “you can tell us if you like Junho-sunbaenim”

“Ani!” Taeyeon whined, “I don’t!”

For the rest of the ride Taeyeon and Victoria passed the main attention back and forth until they got to Taeyeon’s apartment.

~•~

For the next few days Taeyeon and Leeteuk barely spoke at during their sessions, but they also seemed a lot more productive. She took more tests at the doctor’s office and the possibility of recovery was getting more and more likely.

On Monday he sat at this desk, looking over all the test results before they started their session. This is stupid and boring, she thought.

Leeteuk looked up from the papers sharply, “What did you expect, it’s just paperwork.”

Her eyes widened and she laughed, embarrassed, “Oh, I uh, I didn’t actually mean to say that out loud.”

He nodded, not displaying any emotions. It was silent for another moment before she added, “But I wasn’t talking about the papers. I was talking about the fight and not talking and I do think it’s stupid and boring.” She tried to gauge his reaction before going on, “I'm sorry I told you it didn’t matter what you think because I does. As my friend, you have the right to call the guy I like a grease bag.”

Now she could tell he was amused, his face brightened, “I never called him a grease bag, but thanks. You’re really not at fault anyways, I grossly overreacted.”

She smiled and they lapsed back into silence for a few moments, this time a more comfortable one, “But I mean, he doesn’t like me anyways, so I guess I doesn’t matter.”

He looked at her again. She was looking anywhere but him and twirling a piece of hair around her finger. “Come on, you Seo Nyuh Shi Dae’s Taeyeon. Of course he likes you.”

“No, but he doesn’t.” She bit her lip and looking at him, “Don’t tell anyone this, okay?”

“Of course,” He nodded.

“Wooyoung doesn’t like me. But Junho does.” She took a deep breath and quickly finished, “ And I can’t tell the girls because Hyoyeon used to like him, so he is not allowed to like me. But I mean, what do I say to Wooyoung when I see him and he’s all ‘did you and Junho hit it off?’ Am I just supposed to say ‘Nooooo not really’ like, there is no way to turn him down casually. This is the worst oh my gosh.”

“Tell Wooyoung that you really tried to like him, but you just have so much going on right now that being in a relationship seems impossible.”

She stared at him in shock, “Park Jun Soo, you are a genius. That’s perfect, oh my God, thank you!”

He laughed and nodded, then finished the paperwork with the flourish of his signature.

Taeyeon’s phone started ringing and she looked down to see a small girl in a bright pink wig with a fake pig nose, “Sunny’s calling.”

“Taeyeon!” Sunny squealed, before Taeyeon had even said hello.

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing! Manager-oppa woke up from his coma last night! We’re all meeting at the hospital, can you come?”

Taeyeon beamed and said, “of course, I’ll be there as soon as I can!”

Leeteuk raised one eyebrow at her and Taeyeon tried to act cute, “Oppa, can you give me a ride?”

 Its been ages but im not giving any excuses. I honestly just sort of forgot about it and today i had to write an essay worth 100 points for school so of course i wanted to write this, haha.