Chapter 11

Injuries
Taeyeon had been anxious to talk to Leeteuk about Wooyoung’s phone call all morning, so when she finally wheeled herself into the physical therapy room, she announced, “Ah I’m seriously going crazy; I couldn’t wait to get here.”
 
“Hm, why?” Leeteuk asked. As Taeyeon entered the room more fully she saw Sora sitting against one of the walls, her laptop and several other papers scattered around her. They were both looking at Taeyeon expectantly.
 
“Because I’m paralyzed, dummy. I want to walk.” She lied, Sora looked appeased. Leeteuk gave her a weird look but didn’t question her any further. 
 
“Well let’s get to work then. Sora’s working in here because her office was out of power.” He seemed a bit on edge, but Taeyeon was downright bitter.
 
‘Well she could just go home,’ she thought, ‘then i could get advice on my love life from my ex like a normal girl.’
 
They were both very quiet for the whole session, neither saying anymore than was necessary. No bickering or singing or reminiscing. It was all a bit surreal. When Leeteuk returned Taeyeon to her wheelchair, the typing on Sora’s keyboard abruptly stopped. “You’re done? Are your sessions always this quiet?”
 
“Yeah,” Leeteuks voice came out a bit high-pitched.
 
One of the staff members poked his head in the door, “Why is it so quiet in here? Usually Taeyeon-sshi has loud sessions.”
 
Sora raised an eyebrow at her boyfriend and he laughed nervously, “That’s because... we weren’t playing any music. Didn’t want to disturb your work.”
 
“Mm, no-”
 
Leeteuk shoved his co-worker’s head out the door and held it shut. 
 
“Well, I’ll be off then,” Taeyeon said.
 
“Where’s your ride?” Leeteuk asked, hands still on the door. 
 
“Umm, should be here soon. I’ll just wait outside.”
 
He laughed, “Are you crazy? Who do you think you are? You can’t just wait outside. Just wait until they come get you.”
 
She looked ready to argue, but there was a nudge on the door so he stepped aside to let them in. Wooyoung was standing in the doorway, jingling the van keys. “You ready?”
 
Taeyeon started to nod, but Leeteuk didn’t take his eyes off the new occupant of the room and instead slowly said, “Actually... I still have a few questions to ask you for my report. I can type it out later I just need to talk to you, Taeyeon.”
 
Taeyeon looked at him suspiciously but Wooyoung nodded good-naturedly, “That’s fine, I can wait.”
 
He stood there, ready for Leeteuk to started talking. When he realized this he grabbed the handles of Taeyeon’s wheelchair and started taking her to the furthest corner of the room, “They’re actually sort of private questions so just one minute.”
 
Once they had relative privacy Leeteuk leaned down to Taeyeon and whispered, “Why didn’t you tell me this guy was coming?”
 
“Um, maybe because your girlfriend was here and i can’t talk about idol stuff in front of her.”
 
“Ugh, ‘idol stuff’? Could you sound more pretentious?”
 
“Then why are we talking about this over here instead of in front of her?” Taeyeon challenged.
 
“Not the point. I thought we agreed he was an last time.”
 
“No, we agreed you had the right to tell me he was an .”
 
“Well, he is! Last time he came all he did was yell like we were on a variety show and he was fighting for screen time.”
 
“Hey, that’s a legitimate struggle, okay? And besides at least he didn’t make the room feel all frigid and awkward like your girlfriend did.”
 
“She did not!”
 
Meanwhile, Wooyoung had wandered over by Sora, a naturally friendly guy he wanted to talk to her. 
 
“I can’t hear what they’re saying but I think they’re fighting.” Wooyoung observed, leaning toward Sora conspiratorially.
 
“Yeah,” she only sounded half-interested, “its my first time seeing them not acting like best friends.”
 
“Really?” Wooyoung looked surprised, “They fought last time I was here too.”
 
“You must be bad luck then.”
 
He laughed, “Must be. Who are you anyway, do you work here?”
 
“No, im Leeteuk’s girlfriend.”
 
Wooyoung looked surprised, “Is that why you’re here? You’re making sure they don’t do anything?”
 
“No,” She looked offended, “I was working here because my office didn’t have power.”
 
“Oh, where do you work.”
 
“The finances department of Allure magazine.” 
 
“Hm.” Wooyoung noticed Taeyeon wheeling herself over so he got off the wall he had been leaning on. “Ready?”
 
“Yeah, let’s go.”
 
“By the way,” Wooyoung turned around to look at Sora and started walking backwards towards the door, “My cousin does the layout for Allure and I talked to her today. She said they had installed a new computer for her today. Funny that they’d do that if the power was out.”