Chapter 10

Injuries
“Your foot moved!”
 
“My foot moved!” Taeyeon screamed in delight and instinctively went to cover with her hand. Because all her weight was being supported with her arms, she fell flat on her .
 
Leeteuk’s smile faded a bit, “Are you alright?”
 
She burst out laughing again, this time successfully covering . Leeteuk followed suit and soon they both had tears running down their faces. 
 
“Waah,” Taeyeon tried to calm herself down her palms pressed to her eyes, “This is great. My foot moved!”
 
Leeteuk scooped her up and set her in her wheelchair. Their faces were both red with excitement and laughing and crying and Taeyeon hadn’t quite controlled her giggles but Leeteuk managed a very formal, “Kim Taeyeon, I would like to congratulate you on your eventual recovery.”
 
Taeyeon straightened her back and bowed formally as best she could. When she straightened her back again the pair made eye contact and their grins returned. 
 
“Kim Taeyeon time’s up,” Sunny sing-songed, strolling into the therapy room. She took a look at the two beamed kids and smiled uncertainly, “What? What happened.”
 
Taeyeon wheeled over to Sunny and motion for her to bend down closer when their faces were almost touching Taeyeon yelled, “My foot moved!”
 
Sunny screamed and soon all three of them were jumping and laughing and Sunny even gave Leeteuk a hug. 
 
“Oppa, what’s going on?” Sora raised an eyebrow.
 
‘Oh, Sora, i didn’t notice you come in, sorry. Taeyeon moved her foot!” He pointed to his patient and Sora nodded, more of of politeness than actual interest.
 
“Congratulations, Taeyeon-sshi. But oppa, i thought we were going to talk?”
 
Sunny and Taeyeon gave each other knowing looks and Leeteuk nodded, “Oh yeah,i know, i just- I’m supposed to go talk to Lee Sooman whenever there’s improvement with Taeyeon.”
 
Sora looked about ready to murder so Sunny jumped in, “Actually, I could just take Taeyeon. We can cover you with Lee Sooman.”
 
Taeyeon nodded her encouragements. “We can handle him. We’ll say you got in a car wreck.” Taeyeon smiled with her tongue between her teeth and started wheeling out the door.
 
“Eh, you’re not funny, punk.” Leeteuk chuckled and ruffled her hair.
 
“Ah seriously,” Taeyeon whinned putting her hand on her hair, “Sunny, wheel me out.”
 
Sunny made a face behind Taeyeon back but obliged, “Someone’s bossy now that she can move her foot.”
 
Leeteuk and Sora were both silent until the door swung closed behind the idol and Sora turned to Leeteuk.
 
“What the heck was that?”
 
“What? The head ruffle? She- she’s like a kid sister!”
 
“A kid sister?” Leeteuk nodded, making Sora laughed, “A kid sister you dated? And that wouldn’t seem so bad if you didn’t have all those articles about you two.” 
 
“The articles aren’t even a big deal, Taeyeon said-”
 
“Oh, did she? ‘Taeyeon said’ it must be true then!”
 
Leeteuk softened, “That’s not what i meant. I just mean, everyone in the entertainment industry gets these articles. It’s just because she SoShi. If it was reliable don’t you think they wouldn’t have mentioned we dated before?”
 
Sora sighed and hugged him, “Oppa, i want you to get her better quickly so you don’t have to see her anymore.”
 
Leeteuk nodded, although the idea didn’t really seem all that appealing.
 
Sora nuzzled her head closer to his and sighed, “I miss when i could just say that you broke up with Girls’ Generation and now you’re dating me. That was a lot more fun.”
 
He gave her shoulders a squeeze and kissed the top of her head, “You still can.”
 
She pulled away and smiled at him, and he added, “But you know, not in public or around people. Because of all the rumors and stuff.”
 
She just laughed and pulled his arm, “Let’s go, idiot. Why do i put up with you?”
 
~·~
 
Later that night Taeyeon sat in her wheel chair with all eight of her best friends laying on the ground staring at her feet. Her right foot gave a distinct jerk upwards and the whole group of them threw their hand up in the air and yelled.
 
“Okay, okay ladies. Pack it up and leave.” Yoomi announced, “Taeyeon’s got a busy day ahead of her. Lots of toe wiggling.”
 
She was meant with lots of general grumblings, but all the girls obeyed, blowing kisses at their leader or waving or even just nonsensically shouting as they exited. 
 
That night Taeyeon dreamed she was in a ballet (something she couldn’t have pulled off even before the accident) and awoke to the smell of pancakes and could not think of a single thing to bring down her mood.
 
Her phone vibrated and she looked down to see Wooyoung’s name.