Chapter 9

Injuries

As it turned out, the manager was still on a family guest only basis, so the girls settled for giving their gifts to his younger brother and asking him to tell their manager they came. 

With little choice, Taeyeon and Leeteuk went back to the therapy studio in a slightly disheartened mood. 

“I didn’t even know him and I’m dissapointed,” Leeteuk remarked

Taeyeon sighed but was no longer in the mood for talking.

For the next few days the pair continued on with their routine as normal, but gossip had quickly spread about them in the office. Leeteuk was rounding the corner into the employee break room when he heard two girls chatting, “Don’t you think there’s something between them? I mean, she leaves the room in tears some days. Maybe he’s rejecting her.”

“What? No way. You think Leeteuk is in any position to reject a member of SoShi? She’s way too pretty for him anyways.”

Leeteuk sighed and marched right up to the women, “There’s nothing going on between me and Taeyeon-sshi. She has cried but have you ever considered that might be because she’s paralyzed and her whole life has completely changed and she isn’t sure if she’ll ever be able to walk again? If you can’t be sympathetic to the types of worries our patients have, maybe you should find a new job.”

They were both properly mortified so Leeteuk let them scurry away, and he could only hope he had put a stop to any rumors.

~©~

Only two days later he got a call from his girlfriend at five in the morning. “I had thought you’d have the decency to tell me if you started dating someone else. Much less Taeyeon.”

“What?” Leeteuk laughed as he poured his smoothie into his travel cup.

“It’s all online. Front page news, the top search in the country: SNSD’s Taeyeon is dating her physical therapist.”

He swallowed. This wasn’t good. “Sora, even if its all over, that doesn't make it true. And it’s not. Look, I have to work right now, but as soon as it’s over I’ll come to your house, alright?”

Sora sighed, “Alright. Don’t keep me waiting too long.”

~©~

Taeyeon was already waiting with her new manager when Leeteuk got there. He opened his mouth to ask her why she got there so early when her manager cut him off, “As you’re probably aware, a scandal has broken out overnight. We have people already dispelling the rumors and it shouldn’t last too much longer. However, in the mean time it would be best for you two to not seem too friendly. Don’t talk to the press or any reporters and try not to be seen in public until this all blows over.” He looked down at his watch, “I have a meeting to go to, but Taeyeon’s been in the business long enough to be able to answer any questions.” He bowed and left.

"Wow, SM really doesn'y mess around."

“Congrats, you’ve made it. In the idol world this is a landmark.” Taeyeon announced. 

“What is?”

“You’re first scandal! A bit pathetic though, isn’t it? They didn’t even get the real story.”

“You don’t seem very concerned.” Leeteuk pointed out.

“Nah. Its not that big of a deal, honestly. Everyone will forget about it tomorrow.”

Leeteuk nodded. “You’re the expert. And no offense, but i really hope you’re right.”

“Did Sora see them?”

“Oh yeah. She called me first thing this morning. I don’t get why she can’t just trust me on this, you know?”

Taeyeon shook her head sagely, “Its not that easy. They get into your head. We’ve had fights over them in our dorm before. After you talk to her she’ll come around.”

“You’re right, yeah. ‘Course. Well, i guess we should get started. Its the bars today.”

She groaned loudly and wheeled herself over to the two bars. In this exercise there was bars on either sides of you and most of your weight was holding you up in your arms, and you have to do is try to move your legs.

Leeteuk watched her legs carefully and she exerted all her focus into her big toe. If she could get this toe to move- just one toe- everything could get better. She could dance and run and shower by herself and go back to having weak arms and dance. God, she always hated dancing bu-

 “Oh my god.”

 

Its been almost a year which is dumb but here we go