Chapter 5

Injuries

 

Today on ChinChin radio we welcome a familiar face back into the studio! DJ Taengoo, welcome back!” Kangin Cheered brightly from the radio sitting on Leeteuk’s kitchen counter. He was making a romantic dinner for his girlfriend tonight and thought he’d listen to Taeyeon’s first radio broadcast since the accident.

“Taengoo-yah, we missed you!” Kangin laughed. Leeteuk imagined him giving her a teasing look while he kept cheering for Taeyeon. Finally Taeyeon cut him off with heavy, ‘Aigoo, Kansamida,”

“Aigoo,” Kangin repeated in the same tone, “Taeyeon isn’t happy to be back?”

Aniyo, I am happy!” She laughed, “I’m just a bit tired. But I’ll try to be energetic for the rest of the night!”

“Ne, Taengoo, hwaiting~ This radio show is actually Taeyeon’s first schedule since her accident, so I’ll have to go easy on her. I can’t be too great of a DJ or she won’t want to come back again.”

“Ehhhhh” Taeyeon and Leeteuk made a disbelieving sound at the same time.

“If I don’t want to come back it’s because Kangin’s too cocky,” Taeyeon laughed.

Kangin laughed and added, “Your resignation letter would say things like, ‘Kangin is too annoying.’ Ahh, I can I actually see you doing that.”

“If I have to leave this radio show before you, I’ll make sure to write that.”

“No one told you? Neither of us is ever allowed to leave. We’ll be in these seats when we’re 90, speaking into broken microphones. Taeyeon still in her wheelchair-“

He broke off and there was silence for a moment before Kangin stammered, “Well,  not- not because-  I mean, you’ll get better! Just because you’re old-“he sighed, “I’ve said the wrong thing! Aish, I’ve said the wrong thing again,”

“Aniyo, it’s fine. I know what you meant.”

Leeteuk looked at the radio with pity in his eyes. Was the guy really that insensitive?

A few minutes later, Kangin said, “I’ve seen a lot of articles lately about Taeyeon-sshi’s physical therapy coach.”

Leeteuk’s heart stopped a beat. Did the public know? There was no way they’d let him keep treating Taeyeon if they did…  

“Apparently, he’s very handsome! I saw him once, but I barely looked at him. He was holding the door open for Taeyeon, and since it was the first time I’d seen her, I was really excited, so I didn’t introduce myself. Am I going to have to warn him? Don’t do any funny business!”

Taeyeon laughed, “No, Shinyoung-unnie already did. Besides, he seems like more of a Kara fan.”

Leeteuk and Kangin both laughed.

“But since I’ve gotten the wheelchair, I have a lot more respect for handicapped people! It seriously takes so much more time and energy to do stuff! And my arms always hurt really bad.”

“Taengoo’s having a hard time so-“Whatever Kangin said next was drowned out my Leeteuk’s girlfriend Sora coming through the door.

“Ehh, why are you listening to that?” She asked lightly. She knew about Taeyeon and Leeteuk so she was skeptical when Leeteuk accepted the offer to treat Taeyeon, but she hadn’t complained, not wanting to upset Leeteuk because she knew having Taeyeon back in his life was hard.  

“Since it was her first time back, she was worried so-“he stopped when he made eye contact with Sora, “I’ll turn it off.”

She smiled and pecked him on the lips after he had done it. “There. Now, what did you make me for dinner?”

~

I know this is really short, but since i haven't updated, i just wanted to get this out there! Im on the golf team and we practice everyday so i haven't had any time lately, but i won't have more tournaments for a while, so hopefully i can get back to normal!