Chapter 3

Injuries

 

She smelled like chestnuts and peaches and gardenias. He remembered when he first couldn’t get the smell of gardenias out of his head after his first date with Taeyeon, and when he was walking past a small home with a beautiful garden he had recognized the sweet smell and asked the owner what it was.

Presently, he picked Taeyeon up out of her wheel chair, as he had done to many other patients, and suddenly he was mentally back in time.

~Flashback~

Taeyeon was walking along the sidewalk with Junsoo at night with her heels in her hand. She suddenly squealed and dropped down to examine her foot.

“Ahh, it hurts” She groaned.

“Wae wae wae what happened?” Junsoo said bending down to see her foot, but the road was dimly lit, so neither could see what was wrong.

“I think I stepped on a piece of glass,” she winced. Junsoo scooped her up princess style and walked her across the road and all the way to his apartment.

~~

 “Is your foot OK?” Leeteuk asked her, without realizing the reality he lived in now.

Taeyeon stared at him as if he were stupid, “Ah it’s fine, except for the fact that I can’t move it. Because, you know, I’m paralyzed. Are you gonna set me down?”

“Ah, neh. Im sorry,” He blushed and set her on the table so they could exercise her legs a bit.  He pushed and pulled her legs around as Hyoyeon had done in the hospital before.

“Yah,” Tiffany interrupted, “We can do that at home. If that’s it, we’ll just leave now.”

“Aniyo. This is just warm up. But you should do it at home a bit.”

“Do you have a radio?” Taeyeon asked absently.

Leeteuk nodded and nodded for one of his assistants to turn it on. When the familiar opening of Super Junior T’s Rokkugo came on all three girls cheered (Taeyeon the loudest).

“Ah, Jumma-Taeng, this song really suits you!” Tiffany laughed.

Taeyeon laughed too, “I know right! Rokkugo rokkugo rokkugo marhe mal!”

Taeyeon continued singing and dancing (She seemed to know the whole thing) until it got to Kangin’s part, when she really hyped up, “TONGSU LJIB SULTONG SOJU MAN BYONG MANJUSO, DAI SHIMJOM SHIMIDA, PPO PPO PPO!”

As Taeyeon blew kisses to the ceiling, Leeteuk looked heaven-ward, mustering all his might not to laugh. This was the kid that Leeteuk remembered. This was the kid that Leeteuk ---- left. His mood sobered. He left her and he deserved her sarcasm and glares.  

The rest of the day passed without incident, as Taeyeon refused to look Leeteuk in the eye. The next day, Sunny and Kim Shinyoung came. Shinyoung had brought food and Sunny and her were having a picnic on the floor while Leeteuk worked with Taeyeon. Sunny was coldly civil and Shinyoung was…. A comedian. When he went to greet her she turned around and changed the part in her hair and gave him a gummy, threatening smile, and said in a heavy accent “Nappen sae kki, I know. I don’t like it. Hurry and put our taengo in proper order so she doesn’t have to be around you anymore, neh?” She smiled and laughed good naturedly, patting him on the back firmly.

Most days went to some variation of that. Kim Shinyoung, Tiffany, and Sooyoung were the most upfront rude, but Jessica’s glares could be felt from across the room and the other girls showed no respect for him. He was, quite frankly, getting tired of it when Taeyeon came alone.

“Where are your friends?” he asked, eyebrows raised.

“Schedules.” She answered simply, wheeling over to where she usually went.

~

There were 3 smells Taeyeon would be able to pick out in any crowd. Kimbap, gardenias, and Leeteuk. Leeteuk smelled like crayons, his axe shampoo (That he has used as long as Taeyeon has known him) and Walnuts. Secretly, she missed that smell, as odd as it may seem. But every time he lifted her up onto her little cushioned table to do leg warm ups, she made sure she got a big whiff of it.

But that didn’t mean she missed him. She just happened to like that combination of scents.

Today she had come alone because SNSD was filming a show together where Shinyoung was the MC, and she didn’t want to bother anyone else. Since it was just the two of them in the room that day, Taeyeon couldn’t help but think of the past, and before she knew it, there were tears streaming out of her eyes. She ignored them, hoping he wouldn’t notice.

“Y-yah, are you crying?”

She sighed and nodded. So much for that plan.

“Is this hurting your legs?”

She shook her head.

“Then, why are you crying?” He asked caustiously.

“Because of…. Then.” She said flatly. He set her legs down gently.

“I’ve cried too,” He told her softly.

“Waeyo? It was your decision. You have no right.”

He walked over to the side so he could see her more clearly, “But Taeyeon, if you’d just listen to why-“

“I don’t want to. I don’t want to hear about all my faults and why they made you break up with me! I want to get up and walk out of the door!” She put her arm over her eyes to stop the flow of hot, angry tears.

“Aniyo-“

Leeteuk was again interrupted, this time by Yoomi entering the room in a rush, having heard Taeyeon. She took one glance at Taeyeon’s pained face and glared at Leeteuk and scooped Taeyeon by herself, putting her in the chair and huffily walking her out of the building. Leeteuk sank onto the bench himself and ran a hand through his hair.

This is a short update, so sorry~! I know Taeteuk hasn't been very.......friendly lately haha, but next chpter, they'll start mending that. I now SNSD may seem kinda mean, but i feel like they're just rotective of their leader and because they know EVERYTHING  about what happened between these two, they hate him -.-; 

Please Commnt & subscribe <3