CHAPTER FIVE

MY HEART BELONGS TO YOU

 

2 WEEKS… it’s been two weeks since Yu Ra and Taemin became officially friends. And they really enjoyed both each other companies.

 

As always, Yu Ra was clinging and wrapping her arms around Taemin’s arms that cause a lot of student’s attentions. There are a lot of changes since Taemin came to Yu Ra’s life. They stopped bullying her, they stopped talking behind her especially when she’s with Taemin or if Taemin is around, and she has always company when she has a vacant time.

 

Same with Taemin. things also changed when he met Yu Ra. he became more mature, he became cheerful, he expressed himself to her easily, and he was happy because he can share and show his talent to her without any boundaries. And the best thing for him was Yu Ra supported him in his dream. She always asked him to dance even in public, although it’s very embarrassing, he still gratify her request.

 

Taemin was so happy when he saw Yu Ra’s smile. He felt like he was the happiest boy in the world when she does it. Yu Ra was one in a million in his life. Every day he spent with her becomes more intense. He was starting to feel like some weird feelings although he was ignoring it, he can’t deny the fact that he was falling in love with Yu Ra.

 

Being a couple in the eyes of students in the school is not bothering him a lot. They were suspecting them as a couple but they didn’t admit anything since they both know that they are only friends. They kept on gossiping if they are really couples and to their luck, someone answered those questions for them. Those girls whom Taemin met at the canteen before, confirmed that they are dating since they heard them that Taemin called Yu Ra a ‘BABE’.

 

Taemin felt a bit nervous when he knew that their closeness was the main topic in school. He’s not nervous that someone might hurt her again because he knows himself that he can protect ‘HIS’ Yu Ra from anyone even to his father. The only thing that bothers him was Yu Ra’s comment about the issue. For sure Yu Ra heard it already. He was so worried that if he’ll start that topic, they might be intimate to each other. Yu Ra on the other hand knew it already. But she just remained silent and never opened that topic because she was too worried also that Taemin might felt awkward to her when they discuss about it.

 

They still remained silent and didn’t mind the issues about them in school. They still enjoyed going out together and having some ‘sweet’ moments together like pinching each other’s cheeks, biting each other’s fingers and even punching arms lightly.

 

Yu Ra stopped counting how many times did Taemin walked her home. As what Taemin promised, she was happy that he still kept it. all his promises was kept. A lot of changes happened. And thanks to Taemin.

 

One day, after their class, Taemin decided to invite Yu Ra in a park where he thinks it’s not a public park because no one dared to play there. He doesn’t know why it seems like it was an abandoned Park but the things there are seems like still new. The paintings are not yet fading; in fact it was newly painted. So skipping that, Yu Ra titled her head when they arrived at the park.

 

“oppa? why are we here? You want to play?”

 

Taemin chuckled while covering his mouth behind his palm.

 

“aniya. I just want to stay here first. You know, have a relax moment.” Taemin sat at the swing and looked at Yu Ra while he patted the other side of the swing, telling her to sit down also beside him.

 

Yu Ra pouted first but then she run like a kid and sat happily beside Taemin and started to swing it.

 

“oppa, do you still remember when we first went here?”

 

“uhm.” Taemin smiled then looked at the sky.

 

“although before we went here, it’s really a bad memory……..”

 

SILENCE……..

 

“you know what oppa, even though it’s so bad to hear….” Yu Ra looked down seriously.

 

Taemin just waiting her to end his sentence.

 

“I’m so thankful that I’ve been almost that night.” Yu Ra said while smiling.

 

Taemin didn’t expect those words from her. His smile fades and looked at Yu Ra surprised.

 

“mworago? You’re happy?”

 

“ne…”

 

“are you stupid?! You’re happy?” Taemin was pissed and dared to ask again if he heard it right.

 

Yu Ra’s still looking at the ground, pushing her swing through her knees bending.

 

“because if I wasn’t been almost .. I won’t met you.” Yu Ra smiled and blushed.

 

Taemin’s heart beat skipped and all of a sudden, his anger changed in to a warm happiness.

 

“what do you mean?”

 

“oppa… you think we will be in this place if that accident didn’t happened? You know… many things changed when we knew each other. I’ve been secure all days because of you. I am happy when I am with you.. and I love---“

 

“I love you too.”

 

“eh?”

 

Yu Ra was cut by Taemin and the most shocking part is he said the least words she expected him to say.

 

“you…. you …. Me?.. what?” Yu Ra still can’t believe what she heard.

 

Taemin immediately blushed and stood up. he faced Yu Ra and bent on her level just to level his head on Yu Ra’s face.

 

“I said I love you.”

 

Yu Ra didn’t react at all. She was shocked, jaw dropped and frozen. She can’t believe that his crush confessed before her.

 

“aren’t you going to say something? I said I love you.”

 

Still Yu Ra can’t say anything.

 

“can we just stay as a real couple on our schoolmates eyes?”

 

………………………………..

 

“yah!” Taemin was a bit pissed because Yu Ra didn’t say anything.

 

“I said I love you. Park Yu Ra, I love you! how could you just remain silent there and ignore my confession? I didn’t know you have a cold heart.”

 

Yu Ra just looked at Taemin with teary eyes. Taemin was alarmed when he saw Yu Ra’s eyes. he cupped her face immediately and started to panic in a cute ways.

 

“yah.. yah… wae? don’t cry baby… I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to call you a cold hearted person. Please don’t cry. Taemin is so sorry. I’m sorry baby.. please forgive me.”

 

Suddenly as Yu Ra’s tears fell from her eyes, she giggled and hit Taemin’s arms playfully.

 

“ah! Ah wae?!” Taemin pouted.

 

“you silly boy! Who said I am crying because of your harsh words?”

 

“then why are you crying?”

 

“because… because I can’t believe that my crush confessed first before me.”

 

“tch! You must be hap….”

 

Taemin was stopped when he realized what Yu Ra said. he looked at Yu Ra which is smiling like an idiot. Taemin immediately took her hands and became excited.

 

“what.. what did you said Yu Ra? You.. I mean.. you like me too?”

 

“Isn’t obvious?” Yu Ra laughed.

 

“so.. so you mean…”

 

“I love you too oppa…”

 

Taemin suddenly hugged Yu Ra when he heard what he wants to hear on .

 

“so.. can you be my girlfriend Park Yu Ra?”

 

Yu Ra excitedly nodded in a row. Because Taemin can’t resist her cuteness, he kissed Yu Ra on her lips. And so again, Yu Ra was stunned.

 

“that’s our first kiss.” Taemin giggled.

 

“and this is our second kiss.” Yu Ra leaned closer to Taemin and pecked also his lips. And now, Taemin was the stunned person. Yu Ra giggled while she covered her lips with her fist closed. Taemin smiled and wrapped his arms around Yu Ra’s neck and they went home. Taemin walked Yu Ra home after they went to the park.

 

 

 

 

“eonni!!!! How’s your work?”

 

“fine. it’s very tiring.” Yu Ri massage her nape.

 

“want me to massage you?” Yu Ra went behind Yu Ri and started massaging her back.

 

“omo..  who’s sweet right now?” Yu Ri chuckled.

 

Yu Ra just pouted.

 

“how’s school?”

 

“fine eonni. No one’s bothering me anymore.”

 

“is it because of that Lee guy?”

 

“uhm!”

 

“Yu Ra, I am warning you. I’ve let you to be with him because I know no one will harm you if he’s around you. but I am not agreeing you being so totally in love with him. he’s no good. He’s still rich. We should know our place for them.

 

Yu Ra suddenly stopped massaging Yu Ri’s back. how could she tell to her eonni that she’s already in a relationship with him? she doesn’t want her to get mad and got into a fight.

 

So she just decided to keep it first and find a right time to tell her everything.

 

“ey eonni, what are you saying? What falling in love? I’m still young.” Yu Ra forced to laugh.

 

“that’s good. You should know where you must place yourself. You must study first and don’t get any boyfriend yet. Boys can wait. Arasseo?”

 

Yu Ra gulped and answered her ‘yes’ nervously. To her luck, Yu Ri didn’t suspect anything about Yu Ra.

 

 

 

“good morning Mada… good morning Jae Shin ssi…good morning yeorobun!” Taemin was walking at the hallway through the dining table while hopping with a big smile on his face. He bowed and greeted everyone he met at their house that made their maid and even the butler to be shock.

 

Taemin never woke up by himself when it comes to school before, he never greets all the maids since he’s childhood, neither bothering to look at them. But seeing him acting like that made them worried a little.

 

“what’s wrong with our Young Master Tae?”

 

“maybe he got a nice sleep?”

 

“did you woke her up Mada?”

 

“ani… it’s too early for me to wake him up. it’s not yet on time.”

 

“omo.. Young Mater Tae is so bothering.”

 

“hyung!!!! Ohayo gozaimasu!”

 

Jin Ki was surprised to see his brother waking up so early and how he greets him with a Japanese language. He sat like a kid and never fades his smile on his face.

 

“yah, you got up so early. What’s on? Did you have a nightmare?”

 

“nightmare?” Taemin smiles fade and asked Jin Ki innocently..

 

“ne. nightmare. And wait, did you broke your head? You greeted me a Japanese language.”

 

Taemin smiled again and took his fork and spoon to start eating.

 

“hyung, have you seen a person who woke from nightmare with a big smile on his face? C’mon, I thought you are a genius.”

 

Jin Ki chuckled. “so? If it’s not the reason, why did you woke up so early?”

 

“I need to fetch my girlfriend.” Taemin answered without even looking at Jin Ki.

 

“girlfriend? Who? Is she the girl whom you are talking about more than two weeks ago?” Jin Ki asked interestedly.

 

Taemin nodded and Jin Ki saw he blushed.

 

“wow, amazing. So the great Lee Taemin had already a girlfriend. Good for you dongsaeng.”

 

“go and get one too hyung. You need also an inspiration.”

 

“don’t worry, love just come on its own way. No need to look for it. when you want to find your true love, just wait and be patient.” Jin Ki smiled then drinks on his coffee.

 

 

“omo, Taemin! what are you doing here?”

 

“fetching you.” Taemin grinned.

 

“why didn’t you just called me or sent me a msg.? you don’t need to fetch me.”

 

“wae? don’t you like your boyfriend fetching you and go together in your school? It’s a romantic thing hey.” Taemin pouted.

 

Yu Ra giggled and lightly pushed Taemin on the way.

 

“c’mon, we will be late.”

 

“does your eonni is there?”

 

Yu Ra suddenly stopped and her smile fades.

 

“waeyo? Does she know that we are already a couple? Have you ever mentioned me to her? what does she says? Does she like me as your boyfriend?” Taemin bombard Yu Ra a lot of questions.

 

Yu Ra forced a smile but it seems like Taemin didn’t noticed it. “ani oppa, she doesn’t know our relationship yet. I am still finding a right time to tell it to her. you know, I think we should just tell her that we are couples if we lasted for almost a month? Ye! A month. And oh! she knows you. she knows your name but she doesn’t know your face.”

 

Taemin sighed.

 

“many people knows my name but they didn’t know how I look like. They only know my hyungs face.”

 

“are you disappointed?” Yu Ra caressed Taemin’s arms.

 

“ani… I’m happy though. no one knows my face. I can do whatever I want. I am free to stroll and walk in public places. Being a known person is so hard. I know it because I saw how my hyung take good care of his image from public.”

 

“don’t worry, one day, they will also know you. you will be known as the great dancer in whole Korea!” Yu Ra smiled widely.

 

Taemin was so happy that her girlfriend was supporting her on his dreams. he felt like she’s the only person who could make him happy in the present and in the future.