CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

MY HEART BELONGS TO YOU

 

THIS IS IT!!! THE DAY YU RI’S OPERATION. TAEMIN AND JIN KI WAS ALREADY THERE CHEERING UP YU RI. IN ANY MINUTES, THE NURSES WILL GO AND GET HER AT HER ROOM. YU RI FELT NERVOUS BUT HALF OF HER WAS SO EXCITED AND SAD. YU RA WASN’T THERE YET. SHE FELT A BIT DISAPPOINTED BUT SHE UNDERSTANDS HER. MAYBE SHE WAS TOO NERVOUS TO SEE HER BEFORE THE OPERATION.

 

AT THE OPERATING ROOM…

 

“Are you ready?”

 

“ne…”

 

“listen, when I inject this thing on you.. you know what will happen.”

 

The girl nodded with a determined expression.

 

“are you sure about this?”

 

“I’ve made up my mind. If this is the only way she’ll live..”

 

The doctor sighed. “ok.. now please lay down at the bed.”

 

The girl laid at the bed straightly looking at the ceiling. The doctor went beside her and started to take the injection.

 

“you sure about this?” the doctor asked the girl once again.

 

“just do it uisangnim. I’m ready…” the girl said. they put the life monitoring system on her and turned it on.

 

“no more going back. Once I inject this to you.. your heart will stop from beating. You’ll die..”

 

“I knew about it uisangnim.”

 

Once again, the doctor sighed.

 

“are you really ready to die?”

 

The girl nodded as her tears fell down on her eyes. “just do it now uisangnim.”

 

“arasseo. I’ll do it now..” then the doctor injected it to her now.

 

For the last time, the girl released a tears again…

 

TIIIT… TIITT…. TIIIIIT….. TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT………………………………………………

 

The girl’s heartbeat already stopped. The doctor sighed, closed her eyes and looked sad.  She’s already dead.

 

“your eonnie is so lucky to have you…” The doctor said as she covered Yu Ra’s dead body with white cloth until her head was already covered too.

 

THE NURSES CAME AT YU RI’S ROOM  AND TOOK HER TO THE OPERATION ROOM. SHE WAS TOO NERVOUS THAT SHE DIDN’T EVEN WANTED TO LET GO TAEMIN’S HANDS.

 

WHILE YU RI WAS AT THE OPERATING ROOM, TAEMIN AND JIN KI WITH MR. LEE ARE OUTSIDE WAITING FOR HER TO COME OUT. JIN KI WAS REALLY CURIOUS WHY YU RA WASN’T THERE. HER EONNIE WAS HAVING NOW HER OPERATION. HE TRIED TO CALL HER BUT NO ONE WAS ANSWERING.

 

AFTER AN 8 HOURS OPERATION, THE DOCTOR FINALLY CAME OUT WITH A SMILE ON HIS LIPS.

 

“uisangnim… uisangnim…how’s Yu Ri?? How is she?” Taemin asked in panic.

 

“no need to worry kid.. she’s already fine. the operation was success.” The doctor patted his shoulders.

 

The three of them released a deep sighed. They were relieved. Taemin almost cried because of so much happiness .

 

“we… we need to call Yu Ra.. tell her that her eonnie’s safe now.” Taemin said happily at Jin Ki and his father.

 

Just then, the doctor’s smile fades. “uhh… may I talk to you Mr. Lee?” the doctor called their father and met him at his office.

 

“we’ll juts discuss something. Yu Ri will be transferred at her room later.” the doctor smiled as he bowed and lead the way to Mr. Lee.

 

AT THE OFFICE.. THEIR WAS A BIG SILENCE AND AWKWARDNESS. THE DOCTOR DOESN’T KNOW WHERE TO START.

 

“what is it Dr. Han? Is there something happened?” Mr. Lee asked.

 

“look Mr. Lee.. I really don’t know where to start.” The doctor felt nervous.

 

“just tell me Dr. Han. It’s ok.”

 

“i… wait, uh… Yu Ri has a sister named Yu Ra.”

 

“yes. That was my first son’s girlfriend. Why? What’s about her uisangnim?”

 

“she.. gave her heart to her eonnie..” Dr. Han said while looking down.

 

Mr. Lee was frozen on his place. “what.. what did I just hear uisangnim? She what?”

 

“she donate her own heart for her sister. She doesn’t like her to die so she gave her own heart for her to survive.”

 

“but she’s not dead. How could she donate her heart?” Mr. Lee asked with a very confused tone.

 

“I…. killed her.” the doctor said with a broken voice.

 

“you what?” Mr. Lee widened his eyes. He was shocked. How could a great doctor kill an innocent girl?

 

“she asked me to do it last last day. At first I refused and said no. I don’t like her to do it but she begged me. She knelt down on her knees and cried in front of me. I am still saying no to her until she said she’s been and now she’s pregnant. Her life became a mess since she encountered that. I felt bad for her but I tried to convinced her that it wasn’t the best way. When she didn’t heard my approval, she stood up and said that she’ll just kill herself since her life has no reason anymore. she hates the child inside of her. it was the worst gift she had. She broke up with your son because she felt guilty. She felt like she was the dirtiest girl in this worlds. She was only thinking about your sons own good. Yu Ra sacrificed her life to save her sister, she sacrificed her life because she wanted to see Taemin happy, and lastly, she sacrificed her life for Jin Ki because she wanted a nice life for him. I said yes because I don’t want her to kill herself and just commit a homicide. I’d rather kill her than herself. Mr. Lee I know it’s wrong to do that but I just helped her to stop her sufferings. Now….” Dr. Han took off her doctor’s pin and gave it to Mr. Lee..

 

Mr. Lee was speechless but he stared at the pin.

 

“I am yielding  my doctor’s pin to you. You have the rights to take me off on my job. I did a wrong thing.”

 

Mr. Lee didn’t react anything, he was surprised shocked and at the same time mad at the doctor.

 

“turn it back.” Mr. Lee said as he squeezed his eyes.

 

The doctor looked surprised at him.

 

“as much as I hate you, you don’t have to surrender your name. you still helped my son’s girlfriend. I just can’t let you send to jail. I still owe you her sister’s life. I really admired her for sacrificing her own life for her. she’s may be a fool but she has her reasons… now.. the only problem is… how can I explain things to Jin Ki, Taemin and especially to her eonnie..”

 

The doctor sighed. “I can tell it to Yu Ri.. just help me Mr. Lee to explain it to your sons.”

 

Mr. Lee sighed. “I’ll talk to them after this.”

 

“Kamsa hamnida Mr. Lee.” The doctor bowed.

 

“where’s her body? May I see her?”

 

“she’s at the morgue now Mr. Lee.” The doctor said as they stood up together to see her dead body.

 

“why isn't she answering her phone?!” Taemin stomped his feet with much irritation.

 

“Maybe she’s just busy.” Jin Ki said as he was sitting silently looking at Taemin.

 

While the two are trying to reach Yu Ra, their father arrived with a sad face.

 

“appa… wae? What’s that face? What did the doctor said?” Jin Ki asked worriedly to his father.

 

“Jin Ki, Taemin, I need to talk to you…..in private.” Mr. Lee said. then he started to walk. Meaning to follow him.

 

The two followed their father still clueless; and they entered in a vacant room of the hospital.

 

“wae appa? What’s wrong?” Jin Ki asked as the two took their sit facing their father.

 

“you can’t contact Yu Ra anymore.” Mr. Lee started.

 

“eh?” Taemin reacted.

 

“wae appa?”
 

 Jin Ki asked nervously.

 

“she’s…. she’s dead.” Mr. Lee said as he looked straightly at their eyes.

 

Jin Ki and Taemin felt like someone poured very cold water on them.

 

Then Jin Ki laughed. “appa.. what are you saying? Don’t play joke ok? how could she be dead? She even greeted me good morning this morning.”

 

“it’s not a good joke too appa.” Taemin was smiling.

 

Mr. Lee just remained silent and bowed his head.

 

That’s when Jin Ki and Taemin felt that he wasn’t joking.

 

“are… are you… serious appa?” Jin Ki asked with a trembling voice.

 

“aren’t you wondering how on earth did they find a heart donor suddenly?”

 

The two remained silent.

 

“you guys tried to find a suitable heart for her but you failed. How come it was suddenly popped out that she had already a donor and suited at her?”

 

The two doesn’t know what to say. Yes.. that’s true, why suddenly?

 

“it’s because for the past two days, Yu Ra begged the doctor to take her heart for her eonnie."

 

Taemin’s tears fell, he can’t find any words.. he was trying to look for something but it seems like he can’t look for anything.

 

“Jin Ki, you know the real reason why she broke up with you?” Mr. Lee asked at Jin Ki.

 

He looked at him with a teary eyes and shooked his head slowly.

 

“it’s because she was .”

 

Taemin started to cry loud when he heard the word .

 

“she has been by two men who cornered her when she’s on her way home. that was past months ago. Then she found out that she was pregnant. She doesn’t know how to solve this, but all she thought was breaking up with you was the best way. She had already considered herself as the dirtiest girl on earth. She felt that she’s useless in this world. So she decided to give her heart to her eonnie since her life is already thrown at the garbage. She can’t accept the fact that she’s pregnant with the men who her. she wanted to protect you because she doesn’t like your name be ruined. You are such a pure on her heart Jin Ki that’s why she decided to left you.” Mr. Lee explained.

 

Jin Ki was silently crying while Taemin was sobbing under his palm.

 

Mr. Lee explained everything until Jin Ki and Taemin understands it all. Taemin still not stopping from his cries, while Jin Ki still controlling his emotions.

 

“where…. Where is she?”… Jin Ki asked expressionless.

 

“she’s at the morgue.” Mr. Lee said.

 

Mr. Lee lead the way to the morgue, and when Jin Ki saw a body covered with white cloth, he approaches it slowly. It was his second time to saw a person covered with white clothes from head to toe.

 

His body was shaking, trembling and felt like in any minute his body will collapse.

 

His shaking hands lead it’s way to uncover the dead body. And when he opened it, he saw Yu Ra’s peaceful face. She’s still beautiful even though she’s already dead.

 

Jin Ki immediately covered his mouth and started to cry.. he cried and cried. He hugged Yu Ra’s dead body with stitches on her chest.

 

“Yu ra…………… Yu Ra why did you leave me?.... why?!” Jin Ki was shaking Yu Ra’s body.

 

“wake up!!! wake up!!! don’t leave me!!! I can’t leave with out you!!!!!!! Wake up!!!!!” Jin Ki was shaking Yu Ra’s body so hard. Mr. Lee and Taemin who’s crying behind him stopped Jin Ki from shaking her body.

 

“hyung… hyung jebal… keumahae…” Taemin hugged Jin Ki from his back and sobbed on his hyung’s back.

 

“Yu Ra!!!! Taemin … Taemin this can’t be… this can’t be happening!!!! She left me.. she left me forever!!!!!” Jin Ki was shouting on top of his lungs. His cries, and shouts almost occupied the whole room.

 

“is this what you are saying last night?! Huh Yu Ra?!!! You stupid girl!!!!! I can’t find any girl like you!!!! Wake up!!! stand up there!!!  Face me!!! Look at me! Talk to me!!! Hug me!! Kiss me!!! Please don’t do this to me!!! Stand up!!!!” Jin Kiwas trying to grab her again but Taemin was pulling him outside of the room already.

 

“stop pulling me Taemin!!!!!!! I need her!!! I need her in my life!!! Don’t separate us!!!” Jin Ki was trying his best to let himself freed to Taemin’s arms.

 

“hyung she’s dead!!!! She won’t wake up anymore!!!” Taemin shouted back at his hyung.

 

“she’s not dead Taemin!!! She’s not going to leave me!! Nor you or her eonnie!!!” Jin Ki shouted also to Taemin.

 

“but she is hyung!!! she did it already! We can’t do anything. She gave her life for her eonnie!!!” Taemin said with still tears on his eyes.

 

“no!!!!!! no!!! she can’t leave me.. she can’t.. she can’t!!!” Jin Ki tried to enter at the room again but Mr. Lee stopped him.

 

“hyung!!! calm down please… hyung!!!” Taemin was trying to calm his crazy hyung. all the people at the hospital was already looking at them.

 

But Jin Ki is really gone crazy, he can’t accept the fact that the girl she loved died already.

 

Taemin left no choice but to punch his hyung until he landed at the floor.

 

“hyung! I said stop it.” Taemin said catching his breath.

 

Taemin’s punch seems like had an impact to Jin Ki. he stopped from acting violently. He just remained silent and cried at the floor.

 

Taemin knelt down and hugged his hyung.

 

“Taemin… she left me… she left me totally… I can’t even see her face anymore….” Jin Ki cried under Taemin’s hug.

 

Taemin cried too when he hugged his hyung. “it was the selfish part of her but she has a reason hyung…”

 

“I hate her…. I hate her…” Jin Ki kept on repeating.

 

“hyung.. please don’t hate her.”

 

“she decided to kill herself because she’s pregnant and been ? Is that reasonable? I can accept her with my whole heart Taemin… that’s not reasonable.. I can’t accept that… I can’t…”

 

“sshh… please be strong hyung…” Taemin hugged Jin Ki tightly.

 

IT’S BEEN A WEEK AFTER YU RI’S OPERATION, AND IT’S ALSO BEEN A WEEK SINCE YU RA DIES. YU RI KNEW IT ALREADY AND JUST LIKE JIN KI, SHE FREAKED OUT. SHE EVEN TRIED TO TAKE OFF ALL HER APPARATUSES BECAUSE HER LIFE WAS USELESS WITH OUT HER IN HER LIFE. SHE FELT BAD FOR SACRIFICING HER LIFE FOR HER. GIVING HER HEART TO HER JUST TO SURVIVE.

 

SHE THOUGHT YU RA WAS LIVING A HAPPY LIFE WHEN SHE WAS AT THE HOSPITAL BECAUSE  SHE ALWAYS SAW HER HAPPY. BUT SHE WAS WRONG. SHE KEPT ALL HER TRUE EMOTIONS THROUGH HER SMILES.

 

ONE DAY, THE DOCTOR CAME IN TO HER ROOM AND GAVE A LETTER TO YU RI. IT WAS FROM YU RA.

 

“eonnie annyeong. How are you? How’s your new heart? Is it fine? I’m sorry, that’s the last gift I can give to you. I’m sorry also for leaving you. Do you hate me? Please don’t hate me eonnie. I just did what’s best for you. My life is already complicated and messy so I decided to stop living in this world. Always remember eonnie that every where I am, I will always remain in at your side. You may not be able to see me but you can feel me through the breeze of the wind. Keep your promise to me ok? I love you eonnie. please take care always and live happily with Taemin oppa. Don’t hate me eonnie ok? move on and be happy for me. I only wanted to tell to you that “My heart belongs to you.” I will always treasure all the memories we have… you are the best eonnie for me.”

 

~Yu Ra

 

Yu Ri cried after she read the last letter she wrote the night before her operation.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so that's it, one more chapters to go.. i will finally end this.. ^_^ i hope you guys liked it.. comments? reactions? feel free.. :)))