Chapter 7

Try To Be Home

                “Sure,” you said, “Go ahead and ask.”

                “What’s your bra size?”

                “Yah! Not that question!” you exclaimed before pushing his shoulder. He laughed at your reaction; your face was bright red. “Alright, alright,” he chuckled, “Hm…let’s see. Do you want to go on a date with me?”

                “Maybe.”

                “You can’t answer like that,” he whined. “Why do you want to take me on a date?” you asked, finishing up the last remaining bits of your ice cream cone. “Because I don’t want to be alone tonight,” he said with a sigh before his fingers to get the last remnants of ice cream off of them. “Then I’ll go with you, but it’s not a date. Dates are supposed to be about liking someone, not about hating being alone,” you said before getting up.

                “So then are you going to take me home or what do we do now?” he asked, getting up as well. “I’ll take you home for now if you don’t mind.”

                “Then are you going to show up around six?” he asked, getting up as well. “Seven would be better, I have to study for a test on Monday,” you said before leading him back to your apartment. You dropped your dog off before driving him back to his apartment based off of where he said it was. “I’ll see you later,” he said with a smile before getting out of the car.

                You nodded but sighed before driving back to your place. Fostering could be so much work. You studied for a little while, but ended up playing with your dog after an hour or two. “How do you know if you like someone?” you asked Sophie as you petted her stomach. She didn’t reply, of course, but with the way she was laying, it looked like she was grinning up at you.

                “Whatever, I better start getting ready for my fake date,” you said before getting up. You put on a sweater along with a pair of shorts. You didn’t want to wear anything too date-like since it really wasn’t going to be romantic. “Ah…why do I even care what I look like?” you asked your reflection as you played with your bangs, trying to get them just right. It didn’t matter though; your helmet would ruin your hair anyways.

                You ended up arriving a little early, but that was fine because it took you a few minutes to find out exactly which apartment was Seunghyun’s. Once you finally arrived, you knocked on the door and waited for him to answer. It didn’t take long for him to come out, giving you a glimpse at the messy interior before he shut the door behind him.

                “So where are we going?” you asked after he locked the door. “I thought we could just wander around here. I don’t really feel like driving anywhere since this is just a fake date,” he said, giving you a wink as he began to walk down the hall. “Well excuse me,” you mumbled before following him out the building.

                “Should we go get food first?” he asked, looking around at the different cafes and restaurants around his apartment. “If you want; even if it’s a fake date, it’s still the man’s job to plan it out.”

                “How ist.”

                “Do you want me to go?”

                “No, let’s go to a barbeque place I know,” he said before tugging you down the street. He hand fell away from your wrist as you fell into step beside him. You sighed but continued walking until you passed a small café that smelled delicious. “Why don’t we go in there?” you asked, taking a look inside to see faded yellow walls with black sharpie writings all over them.

                “No,” he didn’t even stop. “Why?” you asked with a huff as you caught up to him again. “That’s where me and Hyorin used to go.”

                “Hyorin?”

                “The girl.”

                “Oh…” you sighed before following him further down the street to a small barbeque place. It smelled good, not as good as the café, but good nonetheless. “Two please,” he said to the waitress who quickly led the both of you to a small table outside since the weather was nice. “You want soju?” she asked Seunghyun, but he shook his head.

                You smiled as he ordered two sodas and some meat. “Nice,” you said with a small laugh. “A promise is a promise. Besides, I have lots of questions I want to ask you.”

                “Well it looks like you’re going to have to give up drinking for a while then.”

                “It certainly does.”    

                 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

sorry it's so short, i just got home fro Disneyland so my sleep-deprived brai nwrote this haha XD