Chapter 5

Try To Be Home

                Seunghyun was late today. Well it was Saturday so maybe he was busy doing something else, but you really expected him to show up to at least play with Charlie for a little while. But, now it was closing time and there was still no sign of your foster dog. “I’ll close tonight,” you offered to a grateful Jonghyun. He had a date tonight. Lucky.

                You grabbed your bag from the back before walking out the shop and locking the door. You put the keys in your pocket and turned towards where you parked your moped when you noticed a man stumbling towards you. You grabbed your bag tightly and braced yourself to either run or attack him when you realized the figure looked familiar.

                “Seunghyun-ssi?” you asked, stepping towards him. He smiled drunkenly at you and replied, “Yah! You should call me oppa…Oppa.”

                “Oppa, you’re drunk,” you said with a sigh. “I’m not drunk!” he slurred, making you laugh in spite of yourself. “Where’s your home, Oppa?” you asked as he teetered slightly. “Why? Are you planning to take advantage of me?” he asked with a drunken laugh. “No, there’s a perfectly good alley over there if I wanted to do that. Where’s your home?” He chuckled at the first part but sighed when you added on the question, “I don’t have a home.”

                “What?”

                “I don’t have a home,” he whimpered, looking at you like a lost pup. “Then where are you staying? What have you been doing with the supplies I’ve been giving you?” you asked worriedly. “I have an apartment, that’s where I stay, but it’s not my home,” he explained, slurring most of the words together, but the message was still understood.

                “Where’s your apartment then?”

                “Somewhere back there,” he motioned somewhere behind him and threw himself off balance. He landed on the ground with a laugh and tried to push himself up only to fail miserably. “Can you be a little more specific?” you asked, helping him up. He fell forward again and you found yourself caught up in his arms, your head buried in his chest.

                He smelled overwhelmingly like wine, as if he had taken a bath in it instead of drinking God knows how much. Under the alcohol, you could smell his cologne. It was heady and musky, a combination that would make any girl light headed, especially now that your bodies were pressed so close against each other. Your heartbeat quickened, and your face flushed slightly before you pulled yourself away from him.

                “I live in an apartment…far away from her. She used to live with me though. I had a home then,” he whispered, his eyes filling up with sadness and drunken tears. “Why don’t you go home with me, Oppa,” you suggested, not wanting to leave him alone in this state at such a time of night. “You’re flirting with me now, right?”

                “I already told you, I don’t flirt.”

                “Such a shame,” he giggled as you grabbed his arm and led him over to your moped. Luckily, you didn’t have class today, so there were no bags to worry about. It was a tight fit, but you could make it work. You wrapped his arms around your waist and ordered, “Don’t let go and if your hands wander up or down, you will never see Charlie again.” He sighed and held onto you tightly before you started up the bike.

                You drove the few blocks to your own apartment complex before parking in your designated spot. You can let go now,” you said, gently. He smiled at you, his head resting on your shoulder, before letting go of your waist. “Where are we going?” he asked.

                “Up to my apartment.”

                “You shouldn’t invite boys up there so easily you know.”

                “I know, you’re the first one. Now come on,” you said before getting up and dragging him up to your apartment. Your dog barked when you approached, but she merely sniffed the two of you before going back to her bed in your room. “You have a dog?” he asked as he pushed him towards the couch. “Yes, I have a dog,” you answered as he laid down.

                “What kind of dog?”

                “American bulldog.”

                “They allow you to have one of those?” he asked as you pulled his shoes off. “The owner of this complex is my omma, so she gives me special privileges,” you explained before undoing his tie as well. You didn’t want him to choke. “If you undress me anymore, you’ll have to take responsibility for your actions,” he smiled at you in what you assumed was supposed to be a y manner. You found it highly amusing however.

                “Good night Oppa,” you said before draping a blanket over him. “Good night,” he replied sleepily before turning over on the couch and settling down. You smiled and turned the light off before quietly making your way back to your room where your dog, Sophie, was waiting. “You’ll protect me in case he looses what little sense he has left, right?” you asked. She grunted in reply.    

 

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~

sorry i had to add this again...sigh