Chapter 11

Try To Be Home

“Do you want to come with us for dinner, _____-ssi?” Hyorin asked after finally deciding on a dress. You glanced over at Seunghyun before answering. If it was up to you, you would run back to your apartment and study or play with your dog. However, Seunghyun was involved, and, from the way he was looking at you, you knew he wanted you to stay.

 

“I would love to join you,” you replied with the best smile you could muster. “Thanks,” Seunghyun whispered as Hyorin turned to chat with her mother. You nodded before grabbing his hand and lacing your fingers with his. He raised an eyebrow at you, but you shrugged. “Just go with it,” you mouthed before Hyorin turned to talk to you two again.

 

She named off a restaurant you all were going to before looking down at your joined hands. Her smile faded for a moment and she locked eyes with Seunghyun. Does she still have feelings for him? You wondered before following them out the door, keeping a tight grip on Seunghyun’s warm hand.

 

“You two are such a cute couple,” Hyorin commented half-way there. You weren’t sure whether she meant it or if she was being sarcastic, but you smiled and nodded either way. “Thanks,” Seunghyun grumbled, making you sigh. “What? I really think so,” Hyorin giggled before slowing down to walk on his other side. “Uh huh,” he smiled slightly, but was trying to hide it.

 

“Yah!” she exclaimed before pushing on his shoulder slightly, making both of them laugh. His grip loosened and you let go of his hand as the two of them continued to joke around. “Should she really be flirting with him if she’s getting married to someone else?” you mumbled to yourself but no one was paying attention. They were too wrapped up in their own world.

 

Once the four of you arrived at the restaurant, Seunghyun finally began to pay attention to you again, but at this point you were too annoyed to really care. You weren’t so sure why you were so annoyed with him, but you were. Hyorin asked for a table and the wait was going to be about ten minutes, so you all sat down to wait.

 

Hyorin and Seunghyun’s playful banter began again, only this time her mother was included as well. You puffed out your cheeks before letting out a breath of air. Maybe you should have gone home after all. You glanced around the front of the restaurant, trying to find something to entertain yourself with when you noticed Jonghyun and the iguana girl.

 

You caught his attention and he smiled at you before waving for you to come over. You nodded and got up, not bothering to say something to Seunghyun. He was too busy anyways. “What are you doing here?” Jonghyun asked, “Isn’t this place too fancy for you?”

 

“Isn’t your girlfriend too pretty for you?” you countered, making her giggle and blush at the compliment. “Ouch, now that hurts,” he said, grabbing his chest as if you had really wounded him. “So is this your first date with this idiot?” you asked the girl who shook her head. “It’s our third.”

 

“Third? Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you were on a date with the man-puppy?” he countered. “It was kind of sudden,” you said before glancing over your shoulder to look at him. You expected him to be immersed in conversation, but instead he was glaring at you. You shivered, those eyes could be scary. “Looks like he’s jealous,” Jonghyun said with a mischievous grin.

 

“No way.”

 

“I think he is too,” the girl said, holding onto Jonghyun’s arm. You wanted to argue further, but a large, warm hand fell on your shoulder. “Our table is ready,” Seunghyun’s deep voice said, startling you slightly. “Ah… Okay, have fun you two,” you said before following Seunghyunn to the table.

 

 “There you are!” Hyorin said, happily as you sat down. You nodded before her mother inquired, “Who was that?” It was the first time she had spoken to you that evening. You could feel Seunghyun’s eyes boring into the side of your head as you answered, “My co-worker and his girlfriend.” The animosity coming off of him seemed to simmer down and you relaxed slightly. This guy was moodier than you on your period any day of the week.

 

“You two seemed very close,” Hyorin said, gazing at Seunghyun even though the comment was directed at you. “Yeah, well we’ve been working together for the last four years,” you said even though you were pretty sure no one cared. Your hypothesis seemed to to be confirmed when, after another minute, Hyorin changed the topic to a subject that only her and Seunghyun could really talk about it. Dinner continued in much the same fashion.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sorry that it took me so long to update, but i had midterms and i'm sick DX

actually i wrote this in the twenty minutes between my classes while sick and sleep-deprived so i'm not sure how good it is, but i wanted to update! So here it is. Please let me know what you think, thank you