Shikshin and Swimmer

One summer day

Setting: some beach in Korea

The sun is shining , the birds are singing and it smells like the sea. The slightly tanned black haired girl couldn't wait to take a swim. She seemed to be about 9 years old. " Wahh! the sea , I love it here! " She exclaimed with joy.

" Hey , calm down there will ya kiddo. " , Her dad chuckled.

" Sorry I'm just so excited. I haven't been to the beach with you in so long! "

" Alright we'll go swimming right after we set up a spot. "

" Okay! " The little girl immediately grabbed her things and rushed over to the public spaces to find a spot to set up , " Hey daddy there's a good spot right here! Let's set up and go swimming already! " She couldn't hide her anxiousness to swim and was practically bursting with energy.

" Hey slow down , the ocean's not goin anywhere kiddo. Let me help you with that. " , Her father replied cheerfully.

The little girl seemed to be struggling to put up the large umbrella but managed happily with the help of her father. With the umbrella set they set up a chair and rolled out a towel.

" Alrighty then I guess we're set. Come here so I can spray some sunscreen on you. Don't want to get darker now do you? "

" Dad just hurry up I want to spend the whole day with you swimming in the ocean! "

" Okay okay we're all set let's go. "

As they both made their way towards the shore they noticed a commotion. A little bit further out in the water a little girl seemed to be struggling wiith all her might to stay above the water.

" Kiddo you stay " , her dad was about to say.

" No don't worry about it dad I got this. " 

" Alright if you say so. " 

This might seem wrong for any normal father to be doing but he knows his daughter's been swimming all her life. He definetly trusts her one hundred percent. The little girl swam out and grabbed onto the other. She then pulled her above the water to catch a breath and slowly swam her back to shore.

" Good going kiddo I knew I could trust you. "

" Hehe , thanks dad. " She then looked towards the taller girl and asked , " Hey , are you alright? "

" Y-yeah I'll be fine thanks for helping me. I'll be going now. "

" Stop right there. "

" Wha "

" You're not going anywhere. " ( Maybe I can have some fun. )

" What why? "

" You looked pretty helpless out there so out of the goodness of my heart I'm going to teach you how to swim. "

" And what makes you so sure I'd want to learn from you? " ( Who does she think she is anyways? )

" Because I could tell how bad you wanted to be able to swim when I saved you out there. " ( And I'll probably need someone to hang out with....... )

" Hmmm fine I'll let you teach me. I've got nothing better to do anyways. " 

" Perfect let's go-wait , daddy? "

" Still here kiddo , don't worry about me we can swim together later. It's fine , you can go ahead and teach your new friend how to swim. I'll be back at our spot okay , go ahead. " As he started to head back to their spot he immediately pulled out his phone and began dialing a number , " Yeah so about that business plan. "

" Oh... okay..... " ( I knew it..... )

" Umm are you okay? " ( She looks so sad. )

" Huh yeah I'm fine let's go ........ uhhhh "

" Sooyoung , Choi Sooyoung , and you? "

" I'm Kwon Yuri , your new official swimming teacher and don't you forget it. Come on , let's go. " Yuri grabbed Sooyoung by the hand and took her slowly towards the water. As they went further sooyoung stopped and looked on hesitantly.

" Come on you're never gonna be able to swim if you stand there like a scaredy cat right? Trust me , I wont let anything happen to you ever. Promise. "

" Promise? " , Sooyoung questioned.

" Promise. " Yuri held up her pinky and Sooyoung did too.

" O-okay I'll go " ( She's so cool. )

" Alright so for now you're going to keep your head above the water and try to swim while I pull your hands from the front. "

" Right! "

And like that the whole day went by with Yuri trying her best to pull Sooyoung through swimming lessons like pulling a lost little kitty.

" Wow you seriously . I mean you're like really bad. How can you be that bad? "

Sooyoung was too busy huffing and pufing to even fight with Yuri. *growl* " Ahhh food! I need some food in mah belly or I'm gonna die! " 

" Well if you're parents are okay with it you can all come and have dinner at my dad's hotel. It's not too far from here. "

" Oh? Your dad owns the hotel? Okay it's been decided , since you forcefully tried teaching me how to swim and failed you must feed me all I want! "

" Huh? What do you mean forecefully? I was doing you a favor. After I politely asked you to join us for dinner you demand me to feed you all you want? "

" Yeah pretty much. "

" ....................... "

" Awww pwetty please my super nice new swimmer friend! " *puppy eyes*

" Swimmer friend? "

" With sprinkles and cherry on top? " *puppy eyes to the maximmum cuteness

( Ahh those dang puppy eyes. ) " Uh umm............ fine let's just go find your parents and my dad first "

" Yay! " Sooyoung's eyes started to sparkle at the thought of food.

When they both found their parents both sides happily agreed to having dinner together. Yuri's dad even agreed to feeding sooyoung all she wanted.

" Since my little kiddo decided to work you so hard I'll cover the expenses for the meal in exchange if you don't mind. "

" No , not at all we'd love to have dinner with you. " Sooyoung , her mom and her dad all had the same food dying expression and thought ( all i can eat food I'm coming for you )

Yuri and her dad exchanged looks that read ( are they gonna be okay? )

They both took their seperate cars with Sooyoung's family following behind Yuri and her dad. As they made it into the entrance all the workers automatically greeted Yuri's father with bows and a simultaneous , " Good evening president "

" President? " , Sooyoung's father questioned aloud.

" Oh , where are my manners. I'm the president of Kwon Electronics but I do own a few hotels on the side for my personal leisure. "

" Ahh that's right I knew I saw you in a magazine somwhere before. "

" Well , enough of the chat I'm sure you're all hungry. " He looked towards a worker and ordered him to get their best table ready.

As they sat down Sooyoung instantly went towards the menu. " Ooh I want everythang! "

" Uh are you sure about that sweetheart? " Yuri's dad looked a little worried.

" Yes , I'm sure. Do not underestimate my ability to eat. " 

" Shikshin.... " , Yuri stated under her breath.

" Hmm? " , Sooyoung raised an eyebrow to Yuri.

" Oh it was nothing. For starters we'll just order a couple of entrees and see where we go from there , alright? "

" Sounds good! " , Sooyoung's family agreed in delight.

Yuri's dad ordered the food and some water for everyone. " Okay well I guess while we wait why don't we get to know you and your family more Sooyoung? "

Sooyoung's parents introduced themselves. Her father was an office worker while her mom owned a flower shop. As they started talking more Sooyoung's and Yuri's dads seemed to engage in a deep conversation about current events. While the adults were chatting away Yuri decided to try and get to know the shikshin a little more.

" So , do you want to tell me about yourself? "

" Why , do you want to stalk me? "

" Stalk? You've got to be kidding me. Why would I stalk a shikshin like you? I'll be broke in a week if I ever start hanging out with you! "

" Hey! I just really like food okay. " *pouts*

( Why is that look so cute? ) 

As they finished bickering their food came and as predicted Sooyoung's family devoured any and every plate of food they could get their hands on. All anybody else in the restaurant could do was watch and stare in awe.

" Y-you really do like food huh? " , Yuri stated in amazement. ( I can't even believe what i saw just now......... )

" Yep always have and always will. " , Sooyoung stated proudly.

As they finished up they exited the restaurant and bid their goodbyes.

" Please if you're ever in the area and in need of a hotel room don't hesitate to call. I'm sure Yuri would like to see your cute little girl again , right yuri? "

" Umm yeah. " Yuri blushed and nodded slightly.

" Will do and thank you again for the great meal. Sooyoung , do you have anything you want to say to Yuri before we leave? " , Her mother questioned.

" Hey I'll make sure to treat you to a meal the next time we meet. Okay , my swimmer friend "

" You better keep that promise shikshin. "

With that our shikshin and swimmer sadly parted ways.

 

Author: omg I'm so sorry for such a late update! My laptop's been broken for the past few days. It was utter torture being deprived of the internet for so long. ( heh addicted much? ) I even missed dwts with Hyobaby. I'm so sad T_T Even so I still hope you enjoyed this late chapter. It's actually a lot longer than I expected though. Anyways hope that you comment with your opinions and such. Next chapter will be the real start of the main story so please anticipate it.