The first day

One summer day

Author note: Even though this is set in Korea I don't know much of how their school system works other than high school being 3 years long and them having to wear school uniforms. So because of that I'm just going to set the beginning of the school year in late august like it is for me.

Setting: Seoul Co-Ed High School

It's the first day of a new school year at a new school for all the incoming freshman. Two particular students are extremely excited. Well actually , one particular bunny seems to be excited. " Hey Sooyoungah hurry up I want to go see if I have homeroom with you! " , shouted a small girl with a short blonde haircut.

" Alright alright calm down. " ( Why is this bunny so excited? It's not like there's anything interesting here. )

The two girls made their way to a large board that listed all the incoming freshman's names and what their homerooms would be.

" Hmm..... let's see where is Choi Sooyoung. Oh there you are , you're in class 1-B and I'm............ in class 1-B! Yeah we're in the same class! Isn't that great Sooyoungie? "

" Yeah.......... ( I wonder if she's enrolled here too? ) as Sooyoung looked through the other names on and on sunny interrupted her.

" Hey shikshin let's go to our class already. "

" Alright. " The two girls walked off towards their class.  

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

" Hey Jessi , you better hurry up or we'll be late! " 

" Yeah yeah just don't make me run please. " , Jessica replied lazily.

" Come on we need to go see what class we're in! Why do you have to walk so slow? "

" I'm conserving energy for more important things. "

" Ugh whatever Jessi come on. "

The two girls finally made it to the class roster list which gained a squeal of joy from Tiffany. 

" Yeah! You and me are in class 1-B Jessi! "

Before Jessica could even search the list of students she was immediately dragged away by Tiffany.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A larger group of five girls linking arms together were heading towards the entrance of the school looking ecstatic about their first day of high school.

" Yeah we're officialy high schoolers now! " , shouted an excited Yuri

" I know right we're gonna have so much fun! " , exclaimed Yoona

" Come on unnies calm down you're making too much noise. " , said a tall young girl.

" Yeah Seohyun's right " , stated a shorter girl. 

" Of course Taengoo and maknae would be like this. Come on it's the first day of school be happy! " , Hyoyeon spoke up

" Alright then let's go check to see what class we're in before we're late " , Taeyeon replied.

Despite the girls being excited for their first day of school they arrived late because of a certain girl who decided to order too much food for breakfeast.

" Seriously Yoona why do you have to eat so much? You're like a shikshin number 2! " , Yuri complained.

" Well sorry I just like food a lot okay. " , Yoona replied weakly.

As the girls rushed towards the bulletin they could only quickly skim the list to confirm their enrolling in class 1-B before dashing off to class in fear of being late.

Hyoyeon: ( Blehh , didn't even get to check.... darn you Yoona... )

Yuri:          ( Blehh , didn't even get to check.... darn you Yoona... )

Yoona:     ( Blehh , didn't even get to check.... darn you Yoo-wait wha?! )

As the five girls entered their classroom they had just made it through the door as the bell rang. 

" Please take a seat in the remaining back row ladies. " , ordered a tall woman that was now their homeroom teacher.

Sunny was trying to get Sooyoung to stop eating while Tiffany was trying to get Jessica to wake up so none of them seemed to notice the five girls heading towards the back row seats.

" All right class settle down. I'm going to be calling roll so make sure to listen and state that you are here. " The teacher went down the list of students alphabetically by last name also going through the nine girls.

Choi Sooyoung......... " Here. "

Hwang Miyoung......... " Here. "

Im Yoona......... " Here. "

Jung Sooyeon......... " Here. "

Kim Hyoyeon......... " Here. "

Kim Taeyeon......... " Here. "

Kwon Yuri......... " Here. "

Lee Soonkyu......... " Here. "

Seo Joohyun......... " Here. "

After the roll was called only a few of the girls seemed to register the names in their heads.

Jessica: ( My Kim Hyoyeon?! )

Tiffany:    ( My Im Yoona?! )

Sooyoung: ( My Kwon Yuri?! )

Yuri:            ( My Choi Sooyoung?! )

As the four girls hurriedly searched the classroom's students with their eyes only Sooyoung was able to recognize her long lost first love. Jessica couldn't recognize Hyoyeon because her hair was dyed blonde and they met a long time ago. Even though they had just met last summer Tiffany couldn't recognize Yoona. Our Yoongie decided to tie her hair up and put on fake glasses in an attempt to look smart. Yuri didn't notice because well , let's face it the girl's got terrible memory. It was a miracle she even remembered her name. Ah yes the power of love that is able to save but a spark.

As Sooyoung locked her eyes on Yuri she seemed dissapointed and excited at the same time. ( Ahh! It's mah swimming friend. She really hasn't changed that much. Does She not notice me? )

The class along with a disapointed Sooyoung ended up having the majority of their classes together until it was time for their electives. All nine had some sort of interest in music so they ended up in a music class elective. After the formalities were gone through with , there was free time to explore the music room. To everyone's surprise and delight Seohyun started to play a beautiful melody on the piano accompanying Taeyeon's angelic voice. A crowd gathered around the two including their friends.

Sunnny: ( Wow she's an angel... )

Sooyoung: 0_0

Tiffany: ^_^

Jessica: ( I wants to take a nap... )

Hyoyeon: ( Dat's our Taengoo and Maknae! )

Yuri: ( Dat's our Taengoo and Maknae! )

Yoona: ( Dat's our Taengoo and Maknae! )

After they finished the class erupted into a round of applause. It soon followed with a small fan crowd gathered around.

" Wow you're singing is so beautiful! Don't you think so Sooyoungie? " , Sunny exclaimed in admiration.

" Yeah , definetly a lot better then the snack I had this morning! " , Sooyoung proudly stated.

" Uhh..... thanks? " , Taeyeon replied nervously.

" Sorry about her she likes food a lot. My name is Sunny and she's Sooyoung. It's a pleasure to meet you. " , Sunny replied with a shining smile.

( So Bright.... ) " Oh okay , well I'm Taeyeon and these are my friends Yuri , Hyoyeon , Yoona and Seohyun who was playing the piano just now. She's a year younger than us but she managed to skip a grade because she's just way too smart for her age. " 

Hyoyeon: " Hey there. "

Seohyun : " Hi. "

Yoona: " Wazzup. "

Yuri: ............... Soo-

" And I'm Tiffany! It's nice to meet you all , also this is my bestfriend Jessica. "

Everybody turned around to be greeted by an eye smiling angel and her sleepy beauty of a friend.

Hyoyeon: 0_0 ( Oh snap... )

Yoona: 0_0 ( Oh snap... )

 

Author: Well here is my long overdue update for anybody who is still subscribed lol. Sorry but I really have no excuse I was just being really lazy. If you spot any errors in the story please don't hesitate to let me know. From now on the lazy stops here. I already have some ideas for more chapters so you can expect periodic updates every couple of days now. Also happy fifth anniversary SNSD! I'll Keep supporting you for a hundred more years to come!