Never Give Up!

Badass Oppas 2: Oppa's Girl (Sequel of Badass Oppas)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd5x5nwnxrU

SHINee- Replay

------

The week after Kai’s party was another dentist appointment. The dentist wanted to take a more exact x-ray of your wisdom teeth to know if the extraction process would be a complex one or not. Again, Daehyun offered to go with you.

You entered the University of Seoul. By now, you knew your way around. You checked the time. *Daehyun oppa will be out in ten minutes. Perfect timing.* You fixed the strap of your bag around your shoulder and headed towards the dance building.

Baekhyun and his friends were walking down the pavement, laughing and chatting. He looked up and halted. His eyes rounded, and his mouth slowly opened. *Isn’t that…?*

“Baekhyun, what’s up?” Chanyeol tapped his shoulder.

Baekhyun didn’t move his gaze from you, afraid that he would lose you if he did. “I just saw someone I know…you guys go ahead first.” Without looking back, he ran off. “Yah! Yah, Byun Baekhyun!” Chanyeol called, but he was already gone.

Heart thumping, Baekhyun ran across the grass. You were within his grasp now. He reached out and touched your shoulder. You spun around, and your eyes rounded in surprise. “Baekhyun oppa!” You were surprised at how the word ‘oppa’ spilled naturally from your lips. His heart fluttered at the way you called him as if you had known him for years instead of weeks. “Hey.” He breathlessly greeted.

You raised an eyebrow in amusement and chuckled, “Are you all right? It seems like you ran the mile.”

*I was trying to catch up with you.* “What are you doing here?” Baekhyun questioned.

“I came to meet up with somebody.” You replied as you curled your fingers around the strap of your purse.

“Is it your boyfriend?” Baekhyun quietly asked. You blinked in surprise, “How did you know?”

His stomach sank. *So Kai wasn’t making it up. I was hoping he was…*

“Your boyfriend is in college?” Baekhyun asked. You nodded, “He’s a freshman.”

*Just like me.* He thought.

You glanced at the time, “I’d hate to cut this short, but I’m supposed to meet him right now.”

“Oh. Right.” Baekhyun nodded. You waved with a friendly smile, “I hope to run into you again! Bye, Baekhyun oppa!” You ran off without a second glimpse at him. *I hope to run into you again soon.* Baekhyun thought as he watched you run to another man with deflated shoulders. Sighing and scratching his head at the complexity of the situation, he turned around and trudged back to his friends.

Daehyun slung his backpack over his shoulder and ran down the stairs as he texted you. ‘I’m done. Where are you?’ He exited the building and put his phone back in his pocket. Just then, a voice called, “Oppa!”

Daehyun looked up. You ran towards him. He smiled, “Perfect timing. I just texted you.”

“You did?” You checked your phone and chuckled, “Well to answer your question, Mr. Jung Daehyun, I’m right next to you.” You sweetly beamed up at him.

Daehyun chuckled, “Are you ready for your dentist appointment?” Your smile vanished immediately. He slipped his hand into yours and gave a comforting squeeze. “Don’t worry. It’s only X-ray today, nothing more.” *True.* Yet, you couldn’t help but be nervous.

After taking several x-rays, the dentist invited you and Daehyun into his office. He showed you the x-ray as he explained the routine. “As you can see, the roots of your wisdom teeth are very deep. That means this extraction will turn into a surgical process with anesthesia.” Your eyes widened as your face paled, “A-anesthesia?” “Don’t worry. It’s nothing extreme. Moreover, it will be better this way. You will be asleep, and you will know nothing happened. Your wisdom teeth will be out before you know it.” The dentist gave you an assuring smile. “I guess…” You mumbled.

“When would you like to take them out?” He looked through the calendar. “How about two weeks from today?”

“Two weeks?!” You squealed in horror.

“Next month then?” He suggested.

Daehyun glanced at you. You shook your head in dread.

“How about…” Daehyun looked at the dentist, “During winter vacation?”

“Winter vacation?” The dentist asked quizzically, “Are you sure you want that? Don’t you want to have fun and go out during then?”

You shook your head eagerly, “Winter vacation is fine!”

Daehyun had known you wanted that date. It was perfect since you didn’t have to go out and see anyone during that time. There was no school, which meant you didn’t have to run into your classmates when you looked like a chipmunk whose cheeks had been greedily stuffed with nuts.

“Okay then. We’ll have your surgery in December then.” The dentist scheduled. You sighed in relief, but a part of you felt worried. *I can’t believe I have to have a surgery for this!*

The two of you thanked the dentist and left his office. Daehyun noticed your heavy shoulders. “Hey.” He lightly nudged you. You looked up at him, and he gave you a gentle smile, “How about we get some ice cream?”

“I don’t feel like ice cream today.” You mumbled dejectedly.

“Come on.” Daehyun took your hand and gently sw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter