제 8 장 Mistaken

Bitter Sweet 달콤씁쓸

She could feel her heart thumping louder and louder,her mind almost blank as if someone in all of her thoughts with a vacuum. She was left simply staring on the ground, having nothing to say back to him

Him on the other hand was kind off, thankfull that an electric black out happened, he was silently wishing she hadn't let go of him so quickly. If he could, he'd pause the world right then. Wiping away the smile off his face he turned around to face her, eyes still locked on the floor, he spun his body around slowly.

"Are you alright?" He spoke eyes still looking on the carpet

"..Yeah, I was just kinda surprised by the loud sound, but I'm perfectly fine." She lied, she wasn't perfectly fine, she was afraid thats why she held on so tight. But obviously she simply can't say that to him

"Well, we better get back to the dining hall." She glanced up at him, barely looking in his eyes, she let out a small smile.

He nodded as he followed her back to the dining hall. Both of them sat back but couldn't look each other in the eyes, making it even more obvious that something happened.

"Oh! You're back, are you alright?" he asked while she took her seat

"Yeah, I'm fine, it was pretty..intense though." She replied looking only at Donghae, trying her best not to make eye contact at Kyuhyun who was right infront of her.

"Sorry for the inconvenience the electrical black out has cause, we are truly sorry. Please continue with your activities" the hotel manager announced

Donghae eyed her and Kyuhyun wondering why these two were acting so odd.

After a while, the atmosphere settled in better than it was before, it was less awkward and tense. 

Looking down at her food, Qian didn't seem too hungry, neither was Kyuhyun.

Donghae eyed the girl opposite them, still wondering why Kyuhyun hadn't introduced her to them. It was awfully odd of Kyuhyun to bring a girl to business trips anyways, Was he trying to make Qian jealous? 

That's the only reason Donghae could think of behind Kyuhyun's sudden move.

Wanting to make the atmosphere less stiff, Donghae started a conversation.

"So Kyuhyun-ah, how's your first day?" He said as he sipped his glass of wine

"Hyungnim-ah, it was fine, actually me and my friend Sunyoung enjoyed our day." he smirked 

"Is that so? Good to hear, Nice to meet you Sunyoung, I'm Kyuhyun's bestfriend, Donghae and this is my friend Qian." he said while streching out his hand to give her a hand shake.

She merely smiled and shook his hand respectively.

"Nice to meet you." Qian spoke softly, smiling towards Kyuhyun and Sunyoung's direction.

Donghae obviously hasn't met this girl before,which was weird since any girl Kyuhyun would meet he'd tell him first straight away, but these past week, he's been very silent. But Qian on the other suspected nothing from it and merely thought she was a special friend for Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun swallowed hard. He couldn't take the fact that Donghae was sitting beside her and not him, Especially not his long time friend Donghae. It could have been anyone, but it just had to be him.

After a while the dinner meeting was finally over. Qian let out a long sigh, being in these sort of company introductions are tiring.

She fell face flat on sofa, not wanting to move any of her body, she was exhausted. Then she remembers Donghae came up to the room with her, turning her self around, laying her back flat staring onto the white ceiling. She reached for notebook, to come and speak to Donghae about his schedule for tomorrow, she found her by the balcony sitting down and watching the stars and the beauty the city lights offered.

"Pretty isn't it?" 

She didn't reply, but simply joined him sitting by his side by the edge. Watching the blanket of dark sky covered with bright glowing stars and underneath the city greeting them with warmth from the lights and tall buildings.

"It looks a bit like Seoul" She laughed by herself, but he didn't reply.

He was still staring into the distance.

"I miss her." He spoke under his breath barely audible. As he sat with his legs folded, his chin touching his knees.

"Huh?" She looked at him wondering if she heard him right. But still no sign of answer from Donghae

"I wonder if she's doing well, wherever she is." He spoke again, this time it was almost silent as if he was just talking to himself and not noticing he has company.

"can you lend me your head?" He suddenly spoke up turned towards Qian who has surprised with his sudden request.

"My..Head?" She looked at him wide eyed

He nodded "Can you lean on me..just for a few minutes.." He said softly, but she however didn't buldge, almost like she couldn't quite understand what she was hearing. She stared at him wondering if he's in the right mind or he drank more wine than he could handle, still dazed.

He shifted closer to her and palmed her face towards him landing her head on his shoulder, his arms wraped around her securing that she wouldnt move away. She could feel the warmth from him, her heart was racing but her body couldnt move.

Silence.

Qian glanced up at him then quickly looked away. Why was he suddenly being like this?

He stared up into the sky like before. Not saying a word. None of them spoke for a while.

It was refreshing for her being in his arms like this but cold that he's probably mistaking her for someone else. She suddenly felt a yawn come up her and feeling her self falling asleep like this. In his arms.

She then started fidgeting and moving her head away from his shoulder.

Standing up, fixing herself "It's getting late, I better go to bed, I wanted to tell you have a schedule at 10pm, please don't stay up too late." She stuttered while sliding her cold hands in her pocket.

He looked up her and gave a sweet smile "Thanks, I'll go inside later. Sleep well." He ended before looking back into the the balcony view.

Just when she headed inside, reality gave Donghae a massive slap in the face. Why did he do that? What was the purpose of it? He couldn't grasp at his own feelings, running his hands through his hair he wanted to drown his worries and clear his mind, he decided to sit there a little bit longer, he wished she would too. He let out a long sigh. It's been a long night.

 

A/N: Our Donghae seems to be a little..confused? Kyuhyun's little plan isn't working as he imagined because Victoria doesn't even feel any sense of jealousy, haha.

I know some of you really just want me to focus on just one pairing but I just can't LOL, maybe after a few more chapters I will FINALLY decide. But for now please don't be angry at me ^^ But anyway thanks for commenting and subscribing <3