제 5 장 Serene

Bitter Sweet 달콤씁쓸

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Just thought this song is nice to listen to while reading this chapter. =] *

 

Donghae's POV

"Um. Qian..." I spoke spoke softy while waving my hand infront of her face, her eyes were stunned and focused on the room as if she was frozen in spot, she was looking around as if it was an amusment park. Her eyes were scanning every detail of the room, She's truly amazed by my office.

"Waaaah! Is this really the office I will be working in?" She then suddenly dug her arms around mine and her warms hands barely reaching my back,her head slightly resting by my shoulders, I was stunned and didn't know how to react to her sudden move, I'm frozen in her warm tight hug.

Barely able to speak, "Y-yyes it is."

"Oopps, Sorry, I'm just overwhelemed. I wasn't expecting such a place like this to work in." She smiled freely while letting go, my heart was racing as she took away her body from mine, I coughed awkwardly, trying to get my thoughts together 

"It's really nothing to be honest, most of the offices in this building are like this, also I need to fix a few things in here, I've just been too busy lately.." I said

"Really?" She looked at me wide eyed surprised at my statement

"Yep, oh and this will be your desk right here." I gestured my hand towards her desk, which is basically connected to mine, I just sit opposite her, I planned to give her own desk by the side but I decided this is will better for us to communicate like this.

"Your job as my assistant is simple, answer my phonecalls, arrange my schedule., So we would need to be comfortable talking to each other since you basically know what goes throughout my day and what happens to my day by day activities/meetings.

"Nae, Mr Lee Donghae" She nodded then took her seat, I then also took my seat opposite her, I can feel she's still confused on what she needs to do. Her eyes were circling around her table/desk as if she was searching for something.

"Call me oppa." I spoke timidly, almost like a whisper, Never felt so nervous saying a simple phrase in my life, Am I being too forward?

"Hm?" She asked looking at me confused

"Well I figured Mr Lee Donghae sounds far too formal, and since I'm older anyway, just call me oppa, it'd be easier for both of us."

"Hm. OK! Oppaaaaa~^^" She called while doing a bunny sign with her fingers, this girl. Why does she have to be so adorable, it frustrates me that she's not mine. I laughed dorkly, my face was burning and I couldn't help but have this big grin, she's irrestitable.

After a while, she quickly got used to her work, but then there's me sitting opposite her with a computer screen infront of me, wide enough that I can hide my face but small enough so I can take a sneak peak of her face.

I don't know what it is but, I can't help but steal glances, there's something different, something that's pulling me. Even if I try to push myself away there's something stronger pulling me back. I could stare at her face all day if I could. Her long brown hair trailing over her bare shoulders, her skin was glowing white, everything about her is breathtaking.

"Am I doing something wrong?" She asked, I suddenly jumped when she suddenly spoke

" Hm.?" I wasn't even able to reply back because she caught me off gaurd blantly staring at her behind my computer, I hesitated for a good amount of seconds, just trying to get my brain and words together and finding a good excuse

"I've noticed you've been glancing a few times at me, I'm just worried that I'm doing something wrong.."

"A-Aaniyo..I was just checking if you're alright, it's your first day and all.." I lied

"Nae Oppa~" She smiled cutely while getting back to work

Victoria's POV

I'm not an idiot, I know he's been staring more than a few times, everytime I look up, I can see him peek by the corner of his computer screen and quickly avoids eye contact from me as if he'll turn into stone if our eyes meet, I find it rather amusing but uncomfortable at the same time, I can't really say, 'stop staring you freak' since he is my boss after all. How can a guy like him eb so timid and shy infront of a girl like me.

Hm. Maybe he was only checking if I'm doing alright with my work then. It was nearly 11:00 pm and I noticed that he has a meeting on floor 22 at 11:15.

"Ow, oppa, you have meeting in fifteen minutes on floor 22." I spoke

"How long is the meeting going to last?" He asked while raising his arm and looking at his watch

"An hour."

"Arasso, since it's nearly lunch you can have an hours break while I'm in my meeting...." he said while quickly fixing up his blazer as he stood up

We both then headed for the elavator and he bid goodbye as we reached floor 22.

I decided to go to the near by store to fetch some sandwhiches and drinks, the city so busy and there's different things to look at, I still need to visit and wonder around more, I've still much to explore from this city, I thought, as I skipped along.

I don't know if Donghae wanted to have lunch with me but I bought him food as well, just incase he's hungry after the meeting.

I was nearly by SM building as I noticed that there's a miniture park by the side ongoing to the back on the building almost like a mini relaxation booth, I guess. There were benches, a small water fountain, flowers blooming, fresh green grass. So I decided to check it out and have my lunch there.

Kyuhyun POV

Oh?! Qian? Is that I see from the distance, she's coming towards my way, Hahaha. Obviously she's desperate to see me now, I knew it. I have to look like I'm just enjoying the nice view, or else she'll think I'm waiting for her, gotta keep this flower boy image maintained, I laughed.

But then she was slowly walking over to another free bench, Why didn't she just sit next to me? Hm. Maybe she didn't see my face. Maybe if I quickly turn my head towards her she'd recognise me.

I've turned my head towards her a few times and I even tried to stare at her directly STILL she continues to stare into the distance, what is wrong with this girl? How can she not see this handsomeness that is right here?! 

Victoria's POV

So peaceful here. It's definately relaxing, just staring at the sky while the rush of water from the fountain dances with the breeze of the wind, sending in soft cold air as the sun sends in sunbeams directly.

This place is a good place to collect your thoughts, clear your mind, and just have time for yourself, whoever thought of putting this place by the building is a complere genius.

"Yaaaah, Lookie who's here, huh? What brings you here?" A voice suddenly broke the silence, the peacefulness that I wanted, I looked by my right and it was Kyuhyun who is sitting on the other bench.

"You're really annoying you know? He sat right next to me but I nudged his arm to move a little further away since our bodies were close, but he still sat next to me the way he wanted to.

Kyuhyun's POV

"Woaah! Are those sandwhiches? You didn't have to buy me one Qian, I do have money." I reached for the sandwhich in the bag.

But she didn't react I was ready for her to hit me for taking her food but she was still dreamingly staring into the distance. She then sighed deeply as she presses her lips together, she looked like she was definately thinking of something...meaningful

She's just been staring into the sky for quite a while now, and I can do was watch her. Watch her by her side, it irritates me that I can't ask her how she's feeling or she can't simply just rely on me when she's struggling. I want that to change, but I don't know where to start.

Since she's not bothered whether she has company or not, she was sitting so close to me, I slyly streched my arm, pretending to yawn, and gently placed it around her and my hands and fingertips touching her shoulders. I was right, she didn't notice that my arm was around her and we were simply sitting there, I felt...somehow...complete.. Like I could sit on this spot, just like this, with her by my side, forever.

I don't even care what happens next,whether she'd be angry at me, I dont give a , I just want to enjoy this moment. I felt at peace, looking up into the blue sky, feeling the warmth of the sun and her next to me, sends thrills through, my heart beating fast knowing that she'll probably notice my arm sooner or later. I sighed. While i admire the side profile of her face staring up.

As I was getting more and more comfortable sudddenly

*Ring Ring Ring*

Her phone then suddenly rang and she quickly got her self back and I quickly took my arm away in surprise.

"Oh?! Hello? Oh!! Oppa.....Arasso." She quickly spoke

"Who was that?!" I Asked frowning my eyebrows

"Donghae, sorry I have to go now, you can have the rest of the food. Annyeong!" She smiled and waved and quickly walked away towards the entrance of building. Oppa? She calls Donghae oppa? WHAT?! Does that mean their close friends now?  They've spent like 3 hours together?!! I suddenly felt my head throb from the thought of Qian being closer to him than me. I need to act fast if I want her to by my side again

Donghae's

 After the meeting,I quickly called Qian to inform her about my further activities next week, honestly I wasn't planning on telling hee this just incase she doesnt want to but it's part of her job so I have an excuse.

"How was the meeting?"

"-oh, fine, speaking about the meeting they wanted me to go to Paris for a conference about a partnership with SM and some company next week." 

"Woah? Really, that's great, I guess I would have to cancel all your schedule for next week then. How long are you staying in Paris for?"

"We are staying for 5 days.." I looked up at her with hopeful eyes

"We?! You mean I'm going?" she said as her eyes widened in confusion

"Yeah, I can't just leave without my assistant...Do you not want to go then?"

"Of course I do!! Waaaah!Assa! I cant wait.." She said as she jumped up and down giving the widest smile on her face, she suddenly came up to me and slid her arms under mine and started hugging me and I couldnt help but wrap my arms around her too, Holding her I spun her around while her arms was still wrapped around my body. I couldnt be happier, words cant describe the feeling. I spun her twice and it felt like we were the only people in whole building, it felt like it lasted forever and I didn't want to let go.

"Sorry about all the hugging." She laughed

"Dont worry about it." I smiled back.

Does she easily just hug people like this? I thought 

Kyuhyun's POV

I got back to my office to find out I've missed an all important meeting with the head of directors and to find out that we will be staying in Paris for a couple of days for a business conference. I'm guessing Donghae will be going too, and obviously he wont even think twice about bringing his lovely assistant along. What am I going to do now. AH I KNOW. He smirked slightly

 

A/N: Oooh seems like Kyu has an evil plan ^^. Can you guys see which guy Victoria really has feelings for? Can you guys see the hints? Or is it still far too early in the story to see? 

Hehe, Thanks for the new subscribers!! Thanks for the lovely comments guys!

@vicqian Don't worry I wont make a sad ending, obviously it will be sad for the guy that Vic doesnt end up with ^^ haha

@JT0912 @Kayhmi @Mantien @Rawabi Glad you like the story ^^ :D Thank youuu =]

@minnie407 Kyu does need to be carefeul haha ;]