제 13 장 Persistent

Bitter Sweet 달콤씁쓸

Opening her tired eyes, the feeling that it's finally the weekend made Victoria sigh in relief but she thought all the hard work will pay off sometime

Although she still needed to help her family with the bakery, she drags her tired body out of bed and quickly gets dressed and heads towards downstairs to find her lovely sister having breakfast.

"Ssul!" she says extending her arms out ready to her, Sulli smiled back and got of her seat to give her sister a warm hug and they both swayed left to right as they tightly hugged, Victoria noticed that her aunty isn't downstairs yet and normally she'd be the first one to wake up, her eyes scan the room.

Sulli gets back and sits on the chair finishing the last spoonful of her cereal, "Aunty isn't feeling well today, I think she has a slight fever and her back suddenly hurts." Sulli explains, "I think were gonna have to work extra hard to get the orders out today.."

Victoria looks at her eyes full of concern and worry, "Ah.. really, I'm gonna check on her.."

Victoria runs upstairs and slowly opening her door, she smiles at her most loved aunty peacefully sleeping, "She must be tired.." Victoria thought, not wanting to disturb her she closes her door and hoped her aunty will get her well deserved rest.

Though, their family bakery, wasn't as extravagant outside and biggest in size but they sold the most delicious cakes and breads compared to everyone else, they work the hardest since it's homemade and from the freshes ingredients.

Luckily, there were still enough ingredients to make a few batches of their special cinnamon rolls, Victoria and Sulli hurrily starts the process of making it.

Although, Victoria woke up around 10pm so, it was a little bit late to start making cinnamon rolls now, but she just couldn't miss an oppurtunity where her independent skills were put into test, besides, some people might still want hot apple pie as their afternoon snack right?

Opening the cupboard to get the things and such they needed, Victoria was greeted with a woft of mixed aromas from different spices, a smile formed her face as she tried to carry all the things towards the table.

Victoria turned towards Sulli, "We can do this! Fighting!" she cheers, Sulli laughs at her unnie's positive attitude.

Learning since they were young, they knew exactly what the recipe needed and wasted no time and started mixing the base of the pies.

...an hour and 15 minutes has passed, then Victoria's phone started ringing, she barely pulls it out of her jean pocket with her hands hered with flour, a text from Kyuhyun appears.

"Morning! ..still up for movies?"

Victoria forgot. It totally slipped her mind that Kyuhyun and her planned to go to the cinema today. She didn't want to seem like she didn't care for him, but in all honesty their supposedly cinema meeting wasn't exactly clear.

"Really sorry, I needed to do extra work at our bakery today..maybe next weekend, mianhe.."

> > > > > > > >

Kyuhyun paced back and forth, finally his phone started vibrating and he checks for Victoria's reply, his furrows his eyebrows, just when he finally had the chance to have be with her it  and all goes down to the drain.

But our persistent Kyuhyun wasn't going to give up that easily, he grabs his keys and heads out the door.

After a few minutes he finds himself at Victoria's doorstep, Kyuhyun takes deep breath and grabs his phone to call Victoria.

"Hello?" Victoria greets

"Hi, Mind opening your door?" he says, Victoria's voice unknowingly gets louder, "What?!", she then quickly cleans her hands with a towel and walks towards her front door, she opens it and finding Kyuhyun standing with a massive grin on his face.

"Do you need any help?" He offers 

Victoria rolls her eyes and slightly nodds, she leads her towards their bakery kitchen, "I know it's probably smaller than your living room but.."

Kyuhyun smiles at her, "Why do always think I judge so easily?"

Victoria shrugges her shoulders and turns towards Sulli who was totally focused on the rolls barely noticing Kyuhyun.

"That's my sister, Sulli."

Kyuhyun gives her a wide smile, "Annyeong, Sulli." he greets, Sulli rubs her dusty hands on her apron and bows to him, "Hello Oppa!" she greets, "Are you..possibly my sister's boyfriend?" she asks

Victoria stares at her wide eyed, "YAH!" she yells, "No he isn't, he's just a friend."

Kyuhyun blushes and stares at the ground, Victoria nudges him "Can you even bake? I'm pretty sure you hire specialists to make your bread" she jokes

Kyuhyun crosses his arms and raises his chin, "I'm actually really good."

Victoria grabs a floral apron and hands it towards his chest, "Really?" she says

Kyuhyun slips on the apron and Victoria laughs at how it actually fitted him, Kyuhyun handsomely poses making Victoria laugh even harder and ended up lightly hitting his shoulder to which Kyuhyun prentended it hurt and pouted his lips and rubbed his supposedly hurt shoulder.

"But, seriously, Do you know how to make cinnamon rolls?" Victoria asks looking straight at him

Kyuhyun slightly rubs the back of neck and shrugges, "Ahh..Not really..",

Victoria sighs giving him a disapproved face, "I thought you were going to 'help' us?" She sarcastically said, "When you don't even know what to do?!

"I can always learn!" Kyuhyun says grabbing a bowl and stands behind the table he stares at the ingredients.

Victoria walks over to him and starts explaining the procedure. As Victoria was explaining to him Kyuhyun couldn't keep his eyes off her, he didn't even care if she'd had to repeat what she said 100 times, as long as he could get a glimpse of her close up was more than enough. After a dreadful few minutes, for Victoria, Kyuhyun quickly follows Victoria's instructions..

> > > > > > > > > 

After a while, they were slowly finishing the batches that were needed to make, exhausted Kyuhyun leans against the counter-top, slyly staring at Victoria while she was busy with baking.

Like always, he secretly examins her perfect features, a sweet smile forms his face, making his heart beat faster, oh how bad he wanted to clean her face that was smeared with flour to feel her soft cheeks once. Sulli looks up to find Kyuhyun merely watching her sister and she laughs under her breath.

She must work well like this all the time, he thought. As he leans aganist the counter top, Victoria notices him staring at her at the corner of her eye and Kyuhyun slyly grabs a cup of water, flustered he turns his eyes away and stare up at the ceiling.

Victoria laughs and walks over to him, "You've got something on your face." she says, he looks at her confused, "Huh? Where?!"

Victoria smears flour on his right cheek, "Here!" she laughs

Kyuhyun stares at her wide eyed and smirks, "Ahh.. So it starts now, huh?" he confidently says

Victoria couldn't help but laugh and tries and runs away from him, but he was far too fast and grabs her arm lightly and they end up by the corner of the room, he spreads his arms to reach both of the walls and traps her by the corner.

"YAH! I only smeared a small line! Why am I a prisoner all of a sudden?" she managed to say in between her laughs

"I wont do it if you say sorry ~" he sings

Victoria looks at him straight in the eye making Kyuhyun tremble inside being so so close to her, "Why should I?" she smirks 

Kyuhyun laughs, "Because... You'll get a handfull of flour all over you" 

Victoria pulls a face and sighs, "If I say sorry, then you'll let me go?!, Kyuhyun nodds, "ANDDDD! a hug for making me do all this work!"

"But you willing volunteered!" she yells

Kyuhyun stutters, "Ahh.. You're right.. BUT STILL! A hug wouldn't hurt right?" he says cutely

Victoria hesitates, "Fine fine..Sorry alright?" she tries to walk but Kyuhyun stands infront of her, "Ah, not so fast Qian." he says spreading his arms out with a sweet smile.

Victoria rolls her eyes, and wraps her arms around him and he does the same and he digs her head into her neck, taking in her scent, his heart flutters and a smile forms his face.

"YAH! Little sister here!" Sulli yells

They break away from the hug and faces Sulli flustered they go back to working and getting the last batch of rolls to the oven..

> > > > > > > > 

"Thanks for the help today, and sorry for ruining the cinema thing.."

"Nah.. It's alright, Baking could actually be fun.."

Victoria laughs, "See you on Monday." she says

Kyuhyun smiles sincerly at her before walking out the door and takes one more glance at her.. 


There could be some spelling mistakes because I'm too lazy to proof read T.T Also the picture linked to the bakery, isnt exactly the one I had in mind but it was the closest that I found DX  I imagined more of a small bakery attached to Vic's house.

thanks for reading you :D