sweet like sugar.

Fate Separates While Destiny Ties The Knot

 

--FLASHBACK--
 
Day Before The Temple Date
 
'Um... if there was anything that went wrong at the temple tomorrow... I just wanted to make this little event just to make up for it!' Sooyoung smiled gently at Jessica. 
 
They were at their apartment having a day off, well for Jessica because Sooyoung was a doctor and she couldn't just leave helpless people just because of her love life. Sooyoung had a bit of time before she had to leave for work and made a mini party for her and Jessica.
 
Jessica just smiled back as she waited for Sooyoung's little speech. She was just sitting on the couch while Sooyoung just kneeled on both knees in front of Jessica.
 
'So... ah... well... okay. Jessica, one and only girl I fell for back in high school.... I still want to spend this great, beautiful, well lived life with you and so....' Sooyoung pulled a black box with a white ribbon sitting on top.
 
Jessica was stunned at the box and didn't want to believe what was happening.
 
'AH NO WAY....' Jessica looked like she was about to explode into happiness, but she so desperately wanted to wait until Sooyoung said those special words.
 
'Here's my special, custom made best friend ring just for you!' Sooyoung jokingly laughed at her joke which Jessica dumbfoundedly heard in confusion. Then one of her veins popped on her forehead.
 
'Sooyoung....' Jessica was surrounded by fire and Sooyoung was panicking inside her head.
 
Agh... was that too much?
 
'AHAHAHA SICA! I WAS KIDDING! MIANHAEEEEEEEYOOOO~!' 
 
Jessica sat back down and stared at Sooyoung, waiting for her to say the words she was meant to say.
 
'Hrmmmm... so Jessica, I hope we remain lovers forever! AND EVER AND EVER AND EVERRRRRRRR!' Sooyoung shouted which made Jessica chuckle in happiness.
 
'So you're going to wear it? My to-be wife?' Sooyoung raised her eyebrows in a seductive fashion. Jessica blushed and then nodded her head wildly. 
 
--PRESENT--
 
Sooyoung stared at the box for at least another 3 seconds after snapping out her little reverie.
 
'That.... that is just impossible....' Sooyoung whispered, but loud enough for the three to hear.
 
'Tae, I think Sooyoung remembered something of her past life....' Tiffany whispered in Taeyeon's ear.
 
'She shouldn't be that shocked.... I mean... even I would like that happening to me. A hot, pretty girl accepting your proposal that you never knew you made.' Taeyeon chuckled then got slapped quietly but hard by Tiffany.
 
'Sorry, Fany. I'm just sayin'!' Taeyeon defensively put her hands up. 
 
'It could've been another Jessica!' Jessica wanted to so badly accept that it was her that she proposed to, but because she didn't know Sooyoung that well yet, she refused harshly. 
 
'I don't know... I don't think so.' Sooyoung's voice was shaky. 
 
Taeyeon tried to revive their awkward relationship with each other by interrupting them.
 
'OH WELL... LOOK AT ALL THIS GLASS! WE GOTTA CLEAN IT UP! ME AND FANY WILL BE AT HOME MAKING SOME FOOD. OKAY BYE!' Taeyeon quickly dragged Tiffany out of the room and shut the door. 
 
Sooyoung and Jessica looked the door that closed then slowly looked at each other.
 
'Let's clean this up already.' Sooyoung kept a pokerface when she went to go get the sweepers. Jessica just stared at her walking away before slowly going down and picking up the pieces.
 
Jessica was too much caught up in thought that she didn't realise she cut herself on her hands and stepped on glass. 
 
Jessica was too much in a daze, she got dizzy from overthinking about Sooyoung's cold attitude to this. She could feel her body feeling heavy and slowly making her way down onto the ground. She was prepared to feel the impact but .. it never came.
 
She felt arms around her body, it felt like she was kneeling since Jessica's legs were on the floor. The feeling was so soft, so warm, her arms were warm. 
 
'...you okay?' Jessica stared at the figure that was a blur, then it started to get clearer. Sooyoung. 
 
'Your eyes...  what are you.... they're.... a pinkish colour...' Jessica whispered and she looked so weak that she saw gentle eyes staring at her before she out. 
 
 
--AN HOUR BEFORE THE FIGHT--
 
That same evening, Yoona was on her hospital bed staring at the ceiling, trapped in her reverie. The thought of Seohyun snapped her out of it.
 
'I wonder if she's still here!' Yoona's eyes twitched then she got up instantly. Because it was still early in the evening, she ran out of the room.
 
'She works here.... I think her shifts over, I hope she's still there!' She ran to the mini greenhouse only to see it locked, but from the corner of her eye she saw a figure disappear around the corner. She ran down the hallways seeing the walking figure about to go out an alternate entrance.
 
Yoona caught up with the figure and tapped her shoulder which Seohyun's face appeared when she turned around.
 
'....Yoona?' 
 
'Hahahaha, hi there!' Yoona smiled but was noticebly panting out of breath.
 
'What are you doing here? Aren't you meant to be in your room?'
 
'No... w-well I m-mean yeah... but!' Yoona stuttered but was still at a loss for words. 
 
'You DO know my shift has ended, and the hospital is about to close?' Seohyun tilted her head, and waited for Yoona's response. 
 
'Agh! Don't go!' Yoona ran around and stood in between Seohyun and the door. 'Please stay a little longer! They won't know! I'll let you stay in my room. Just... stay with me for a while, please...' Yoona pleaded with sparkling eyes, Seohyun tried to fight it and go home, but the look of Yoona was so unbearably cute and eventually she accepted.
 
'Hrmmmm, okaaaay, I'll stay with you just for a little while. Then I'm gone, got it?' Seohyun bobbed her down in defeat, and Yoona clapped for joy and dragged Seohyun to her room.
 
'My room is really pretty! Because I have to stay here for a while till my leg heals, I decorated my room just for the enjoyment!' 
 
'Must be nice then... hmmm...'
 
'Hey! I know! How about you put some of your flowers in my room?!' Yoona's eyes gleamed and Seohyun seemed so fascinated at the look in her eyes that shades of pink rose to her cheeks.
 
'Omo! Someone likes meeeeeeeeeee!' Yoona ran around near her room and tripped on a mini bump on the ground.
 
'Aish... these floors! Oh look here we are!' Yoona instantly got up and opened the door to her room. Apparently for Seohyun, she was amazed at the view of the room. 
 
It was full of photographs of Yoona and her friends, her family, loved ones all happy and posted on a coloured wall that was different on each side. 
 
'.... You want a photograph with me?' Yoona slowly asked Seohyun, which took her a while to respond.
 
'.....' Seohyun slowly nodded while looking away, although Yoona didn't notice and grinned widely.
 
'HEHEHEH OKIE! SMILE!' Yoona kept her grin while Seohyun innocently curved her lips and tilted her head almost to Yoona's side. 
 
'WOW! It looks so good! Seohyun you're really pretty!' Seohyun couldn't control her blushes and kept looking away most of the time.
 
'AGHH SEOHYUN! WHY DO YOU KEEP LOOKING AWAY? Don't you like me?' Yoona pouted but unexpectedly heard a different answer.
 
'I'm sorry, I have to go, bye.' Seohyun got out of her room and ran away.
 
'HEY WAIT!' Yoona ran out but stopped outside of her door since Seohyun was already gone. 
 
'.... What's her problem?' Yoona sadly whispered. 
 
When Seohyun got far from the hospital, she stopped and tried to get some air.
 
'That girl.... she makes me feel weird. It's weird. I can't do this...' Seohyun bobbed her head down and started to walk to Jessica's book store. 
 
'Welcome! Happy reading!' Hyoyeon greeted Seohyun and she just bowed. 
 
Seohyun was trying to find a certain historical book, but it was nowhere in sight. 
 
'Uhh... where might I find this book?' Seohyun showed Hyoyeon the title of the book, which Hyoyeon looked up but failed.
 
'Sorry, apparently one of our owners have borrowed it, must have been important for one of the owners to borrow a book from their own store!' Hyoyeon grinned. 
 
'Ohhh. Okay, sorry for the trouble, see you later!' Seohyun bowed then left to go home. 
 
 
--PRESENT NEXT DAY--
 
Jessica was woken by the bright sunlight that shone around the room, and slowly got up, still feeling dizziness.
 
She was still unaware of her surroundings and was slow to notice a figure flash step to her with a mini table with some eggs and bacon as breakfast.
 
'Morning, Jessica.' Jessica's eyes widened to the sound of the voice, and turned to the figure which cleared, being Sooyoung. 
 
'Ah! Oh... morning. Oh? What's this?' Jessica looked at the well made breakfast set in front of her.
 
'Well.. you weren't feeling well, so I decided I just let you eat when you get up.' Sooyoung looked away after hearing her own consideration.
 
'Oh...' Jessica was staring at her while Sooyoung looked away. 'Why did you start being nice to me?' 
 
'.... You're injured, and so am I... so we should go to the hospital to get our wounds checked.' Sooyoung said coldly and walked away.
 
'Wait!' Sooyoung turned around,
 
'You should hurry up and eat. We have a long day, I'm taking you somewhere.' Sooyoung coldy growled and then walked away. 
 
'Aish... that Sooyoung!' Jessica grunted and then started to eat Sooyoung's made  breakfast.
 
'Damn it! This is good!' Jessica growled while chewing.
 
 
When Jessica was done, she got up, but as she set her right foot down, she felt a harsh shock of pain up her leg. 
 
'Agh!' Jessica flinched and struggled to walk, so instead she hopped to her wardrobe. 
 
'Ohhhh this is going to be hard.' 
 
 
Sooyoung could hear the situation from outside and contemplated whether to help her not.
 
'She might think I'm a ert.... hrmmmm, I'll go help her nonetheless.' 
 
Jessica was already half , when she tried to take her shorts off, she was hopping and about to fall. 
 
'Ah !' and Jessica lost balance, but once again she felt a pair of arms embrace her warmly. Jessica was surprised Sooyoung came inside her room unexpectedly, but she liked the feeling of Sooyoung's warmth.  
 
Jessica turned around slowly to stare into Sooyoung's eyes, and to Jessica's surprise, they were the pinkish colour she remembered seeing last night. 
 
Could she be the girl with superpowers?! It can't be! 
 
They stayed like that for at least a minute, but they felt the time going ever so quickly, they hoped it would last longer. Sooyoung slowly pulled away and lifted Jessica up.
 
'Agh! Hey! Put me down!' Jessica was slapping Sooyoung but she didn't flinch, she just went to the bed and laid Jessica down. Sooyoung walked away and Jessica was about to yell but stopped when she saw Sooyoung came back with clothes about to dress Jessica.
 
'Woah hey, you're not going--'
 
'You're injured, I'm trying to help here! Look! You're saying I'm cold, I'm trying to be nice but you're just making my day right now!' Sooyoung shouted which shut Jessica up good. Jessica noticed Sooyoung's irises were back to their original colour after her little anger statement. 
 
Pinkish colour.... her eyes turn into that colour when she's being nice, considerate of other people. Hmmmm, this calls for more research! 
 
 
After all the awkwardness and dressing up, they came out of the room, both thinking of apologising, but none did. They just let it go. 
 
'Now, to the hospital!' Sooyoung could've healed both their wounds, but she had a plan for her and Jessica. Quite a special one. 
 
 
They arrived at the hospital half an hour later, due to walking, and Sooyoung was carrying Jessica on her back, just so they weren't consuming too much time making Jessica hop in pain.
 
They were lucky enough to see Taeyeon as soon as they got there.
 
'Oh guys! Jessica! Is she okay Soo?!' Taeyeon ran to them with a shocked face.
 
'Yes she is, just take her up to get checked up and treated.' Taeyeon nodded and slowly took Jessica to one of the mini treatment rooms in the hospital. 
 
While Jessica was being treated, Sooyoung went to her office and healed herself.
 
'Ahhhh... so much better! Okay, plan on taking Jessica to the theme park set!' Sooyoung grinned.
 
 
Half an hour later, Jessica was bandaged up and walking normally again. She met up with Sooyoung in her office after being directed by Taeyeon who gave her a thumbs up. Although Jessica was confused by her actions and slowly walked away.
 
'Okay, just before we go, we just need to meet up with a friend.' Sooyoung and Jessica started to walk out of Sooyoung's room and off to the other side of the hospital.
 
It was just about Sooyoung's lucky day when seeing Yoona with another girl on the way to her room.
 
'OMO DOCTOR SOOYOUNG!!' Yoona ran up to Sooyoung and hugged her tightly.
 
'Agh hahaa Yoona! How's your leg? Going to be discharged soon?' Sooyoung smiled after pulling back.
 
'DISCHARGED? I DON'T WANNA LEAVE! I'M GOING TO FAKE MY INJURY HAHAHA!' Yoona laughed and held up a fist.
 
'OH YEAH! Doctor Sooyoung! This is Seohyun, my new friend!' Yoona introduced which then Seohyun bowed to make a polite greeting.
 
'Good morning Doctor Sooyoung, it is a pleasure to meet you.' 
 
'Like wise, Seohyun. Oh you work here?' Sooyoung asked curiously.
 
'Oh, yes, I work with the plants, Doctor Sooyoung.' 
 
'Why so formal? Loosen up, Seohyun!' Yoona and Sooyoung said together in unison. They both laughed after.
 
'HAHA, ahemm, guys, this is Jessica.' Sooyoung introduced, but didn't know what to call her, or know what she was to her. Nonetheless, Jessica bowed and greeted them politely.
 
Seohyun was observing Jessica when she noticed a book in her hand. 
 
'Ummm, Jessica can I see that book?' Seohyun shyly asked, while trying to smile at the same time.
 
'Um, oh yeah sure.'
 
To Seohyun's surprise it was the book she was looking for. 
 
'Not to be rude or... anything, but do you mind if I borrow this book?' Seohyun still politely asked, but Jessica sensed there was pleading in the way she asked.
 
'Uh... I need this just for one more day, do you mind if you get this tomorrow? Jessica still needed to find out more about Sooyoung.
 
'Sure, thank you very much Jessica!' Seohyun smiled.
 
 
Sooyoung and Yoona were also in their own world talking to each other, when suddenly unexpected words were spoken.
 
'Sooyoung! You're the first person I wanna say this to! Please don't tell anyone yet!' Yoona pleaded, which Sooyoung nodded in agreement.
 
'Seohyun is my love interest!' Yoona grinned widely which made Sooyoung's eyes widen.
 
'I'm happy for you Yoona! And I'll tell you this too, so don't tell anyone! Jessica is MY love interest.' Sooyoung grinned as wide as Yoona did. 
 
 
I hope you liked this update! :D I have one more exam left but I'll still update on that day because I got none till the next month :P 
 
any surprises? HEHEH