the cursed truth.

Fate Separates While Destiny Ties The Knot

 

'I'm happy for you Yoona! And I'll tell you this too, so don't tell anyone! Jessica is MY love interest.' 
 
'She's really pretty Doctor!' Yoona couldn't contain her happiness and kept jumping.
 
Jessica realised this and stared at Yoona awkwardly. Not long after Yoona noticed her stare and stopped jumping instantly.
 
'Well I have to go somewhere with Jessica, it was nice seeing you Yoona!' Sooyoung smiled, waved at Seohyun and then took Jessica's hand and walked away. 
 
 
Not too far from the group, hid a man that overheard their whole conversation.
 
'Hahaha... Sooyoung, you have feelings for the girl. That's good enough for me.' The man snickered and chuckled evily. 
 
'You.' The man pointed at one of the masked Equalisers 'Watch them. We will make our attack soon.' The Equaliser nodded and fled into the darkness. 
 
'Somewhere special.... hmmm. This will be good HAHAHAHAHAHA!' The Equaliser laughed loudly. 
 
 
'So where are you taking me, SOOyoung?' Jessica asked in a serious tone.
 
'You'll see. It's not the most meaningful place but I hope you'll enjoy being there!' Sooyoung flashed a smile at Jessica. 
 
 
They arrived at the theme park at early sunset, where Jessica enjoyed the view then suddenly felt a sense of deja vu.
 
'I feel like I've been here before... with someone.' Jessica looked at Sooyoung curiously.
 
'Oh well even if you have, let's just enjoy this day.' Sooyoung smiled and looked at the rides in the distance. 
 
'Weird....' Jessica seemed to be lost in her train of thought, but snapped out of it when she felt a soft hand on her head.
 
'Ahah... you'll remember, I know it.' Sooyoung flashed a warm smile and scruffled her hair. 
 
'NOW LET'S GO HAVE SOME FUN!' Sooyoung ran into the theme park and almost tripping which got her running into a girl and landing on top of her as they landed on the ground. 
 
The sight made Jessica's blood rush up to her cheeks not out of what was happening but out of jealousy. 
 
'Aish... sorry about that!' Sooyoung lifted herself up to see a girl that looked so similar to Jessica. 
 
'Uhh... Jessica? Weren't you just over there, I mean I remember running past you and--' Sooyoung kept mumbling until she got a better look at the girl. She stared at the girl's features, they similar as to Jessica. Somehow stunned at how beautiful she was as well.
 
'I'm not ... Jessica, whoever that is.' The girl said in a bright tone. Sooyoung just looked the girl and back at Jessica. 
 
'Oh this day is just weird. I'm sorry.' Sooyoung got up and helped the girl up as well. 
 
'I'm sorry about that, just I get so happy about theme parks ahahaha, I'm Sooyoung!' Sooyoung raised her hand, which the girl gladly shook. Sooyoung completely forgot about Jessica and Jessica was on fire. 
 
'Hahaha! Yoonjo. Nice to meet you Sooyoung.' Yoonjo bowed, then turned her head to Jessica who apparently never forgot about her. 
 
'Like I'm looking at a mirror, heheh.' Yoonjo smiled warmly, then looked back at Sooyoung.
 
'.... yeah...' Jessica curled her fists secretly and tried to keep her cool as it was Sooyoung that made the first move.
 
'So... Sooyoung, I shall see you around... soon.' Yoonjo winked seductively, which made Sooyoung twitch a bit, trying to keep her cool. As for Jessica she was ready to choke her. 
 
Sooyoung was about to walk towards Yoonjo when Jessica took her hand and walked away. 
 
'YEAH. WE'LL SEE YOU, SOON YOON-JO!' Jessica yelled in a rude manner while dragging Sooyoung away. 
 
'What was that?!' Sooyoung growled. 
 
'YOU TOOK ME HERE FOR A REASON?!' Jessica yelled which made Sooyoung realise this. Then Sooyoung nodded.
 
'So, you don't want me to meet anyone, and just spend time with you?' Sooyoung laughed. 
 
Jessica looked away as heat rushed up to her cheeks in admittance. 
 
'Hahahaha, alright then.' Sooyoung took Jessica's hand and started walking through the theme park.
 
 
 
'So....' Sooyoung and Jessica were wandering around the theme park for a few hours after going on most of the rides and events there.
 
'So.' Jessica wanted to get a conversation going after having so much fun earlier.
 
Both weren't in an awkward atmosphere but still couldn't think of anything to say. 
 
'You... like fireworks?' Sooyoung asked while staring into Jessica's eyes. 
 
Jessica was afraid to answer the question, she was a little scared of fireworks, but she also didn't want to bail to Sooyoung's offer since she wanted to spend more time with her. 
 
'Uhh. Yes!' Jessica unconciously said, without giving herself much thought. 
 
'Well... great! Let's get to the cliff, that's the best place.' Sooyoung whispered in her ear which made Jessica shiver in happiness. 
 
 
They reached the top of the cliff, staring into the starry sky.
 
'Omo! The fireworks don't start for another few minutes. Let's just enjoy this breeze!' Sooyoung closed her eyes as she raised her head upwards, feeling the cool breeze. As for Jessica she was simply staring at the beautiful face of Sooyoung.
 
'So... beautiful...' Jessica was still mesmerised that she didn't realise she blurted out her thoughts. 
 
'Hmm?'
 
'Uhh! Nothing.' Jessica flinched and looked away with a small blush on her cheeks. 
 
'Hey... you okay--' Sooyoung touched her shoulder but her eyes widened then went into a deep thought.
 
--FLASHBACK--
 
'YOUNGIEEEEE!' Jessica ran to the top of the cliff and pointed at the sky.
 
'A STARRY SKY!' Jessica was so happy that she took Sooyoung's hand and intertwined it with hers. 
 
'Welp, the fireworks don't start for another few minutes... so whatcha wanna do?' Sooyoung raised her head upwards and closed her eyes as she took in the cool wind, and still waiting for Jessica's answer.
 
Apparently, Sooyoung heard no answer.
 
'Uhh.. Jess?' Sooyoung opened her eyes to see that Jessica was staring at Sooyoung's face as if she was observing her features.
 
'So... beautiful...' Jessica whispered. 
 
'Jess?' 
 
'Mmm? OH! YOUNGGIEE MIANHAE!' Jessica snapped out of her thought, but got surprised when Sooyoung kissed her lips right after. 
 
They kept their lips on each other for the whole time, then pulled back out of surprise when they heard loud crackling sounds in the sky, the fireworks. 
 
'Ahahaha, it started.' Sooyoung said while snaking her arms around Jessica's waist. 
 
Although for Jessica it was a little frightening that she hid her face in Sooyoung's chest while her hands were on her shoulders.
 
'Youngiee...'
 
Youngie... 
 
--FLASHBACK END--
 
'SOOYOUNG?!' 
 
Jessica slapped her face in hopes of snapping out of her little daydream. And it worked.
 
'UHH WHAT WHAT?!' Sooyoung's eyes widened.
 
Jessica ran to Sooyoung and hugged her tightly.
 
'The fireworks... it's scary.' 
 
Sooyoung's irises turned into a pink orange like colour, to show she was using two of her powers. She wrapped her arms around Jessica, and to Jessica's surprise, her arms were warm even in the cool wind.
 
'She's doesn't like fireworks... and she's a little scared.' Sooyoung whispered out her thoughts. 
 
Jessica snuggled her head deeper on Sooyoung's chest until the fireworks stopped, and Sooyoung could only keep holding her. 
 
When the fireworks ended, Jessica slowly pulled back and realised Sooyoung's eyes were the pinkish colour she saw earlier. 
 
'What.... are you exactly?' Jessica didn't seem scared of Sooyoung's eye colour change or anything supernatural about her. She just wanted to know desperately.
 
'You really want to know?' Sooyoung hesitated while asking. 
 
Jessica nodded vigorously. Sooyoung sighed and because Jessica saw her use her powers suspiciously, she thought it'd be no point in trying to hide it. 
 
'I'm the offspring of the soldier who was reborn as a being here 70 years ago.' Sooyoung stated blankly, but Jessica wasn't fazed, she was thinking about something that flooded her mind.
 
'You mean.... you're the daughter... with the superpowers?' Jessica slowly asked, to which Sooyoung nodded but then asked Sooyoung 'Your brother is an Equaliser then?'
 
'I don't even know I had a brother, it was so long ago... how do you know this stuff?' Sooyoung asked and Jessica instantly took out the historical book she kept with her.
 
'This. It contained your family history, and it seems pretty, unusual, that book.' Jessica showed the book to Sooyoung and handed it to her. 
 
'Well--' Sooyoung was cut off by a large explosion near the ferris wheel ride. 
 
Crowds were running away from the commotion.
 
Sooyoung's irises harshly turned into a blue/violet colour.
 
'I sense danger, the Equalisers.' Sooyoung glared at the explosion.
 
'You better go Jessica.' Jessica did not hesitate to respond and fled. Sooyoung ran the direction of the explosion in hopes of trying to find that one Equaliser. 
 
Smoke surrounded the area where Sooyoung was, and she was trying to sense danger. She felt presence but couldn't tell since the smoke disrupted her senses.    
 
'WELL WELL WELL.' A man's voice echoed through Sooyoung's ears though she couldn't see it where it was coming from.
 
'I THOUGHT I SHOULD WAIT SOME MORE, BUT PATIENCE IS EXCRUCIATING FOR ME.' The voice echoed again as Sooyoung was focused while waiting for the smoke to dissolve, but eyes shocking saw 5 Equalisers walking toward her in a surrounding fashion.
 
'Show yourself!' Sooyoung yelled, but all she heard was laughter in the distance.
 
The Equalisers stopped just a meter away from Sooyoung, but as Sooyoung sensed something she looked up to see the last Equaliser land in front of her.
 
'So we meet again, sister.' The Equaliser caressed her cheek which she slapped away. 
 
'Ah, such a mean little sister.' 
 
'STOP CALLING ME YOUR SISTER!' Sooyoung growled. 
 
'Oh? Don't you remember having a brother?' The Equaliser said in a tricking tone.
 
'HAHA I MAY HAVE ONE, BUT FOR SURE YOU AREN'T MY BROTHER!'
 
The Equaliser took off his mask, and Sooyoung's eyes widened and her jaw dropped massively. He smiled and tilted his head to give Sooyoung a better view of his face. 
 
He was tall and had a well tanned body, his face was handsome, with those eyes that showed fire everytime. 
 
'Ch-Ch-Choi Seunghyun.'
 
 
it's getting hard for me to think of new stuff... cause i have later ideas planned but i just can't rush the story like that ^^;  
sorry for taking so long, hope you liked this chap :D
 
for those who don't know yoonjo is taengsic's love child from hello venus :D