Fix Up The Things

Love in Autumn

 

Chapter 14

 

 

 

Sooyoung happily read a letter which was delivered by one of the maid because it is from Changmin, Lord Shim. Without her knowing that Yuri was right at the door, watching her face shock then turning into beautiful smile before blushing madly. Yuri just came back from her morning promenade with Yunho when suddenly he said he had something to do.

 

“Who’s the sender, Soo?” Yuri’s sudden question surprised her as she quickly tried in vain to hide it.

 

“My-my Lady. . . you’re back!. . .. ” She exclaimed in panic. Then she roaming her head, when there’s no sign of people around them, she spoke again “ It’s nothing Yul. . “

 

Yuri walked nearer her “then, give it to me?” She asked as she tried to reach out.

 

Being taller than Yuri give Sooyoung advantage, she lifted the letter high in the air while another hand preventing Yuri to get near “don’t! It’s from my friend. I swear!”

 

“I never saw you blushing when you read your friend letter before, Soo” Yuri kept insisting to get the letter.

 

As the girls kept arguing about the letter, someone snatched it from Sooyoung hand easily from behind.

 

“Girls, I don’t believe you’re fighting over this one” Siwon was standing while waving the letter.

 

“Yah!! You. . . .give it back to me!” Sooyoung yelled to Siwon and directly trying to retake the letter, but Sooyoung was too late. He had read the sender of the letter.

 

“Changmin? Lord Shim sent a letter to you?” He asked disbelieve.

 

Sooyoung groaned loudly “Thanks a lot, idiot!” she mumbled.

 

“He dared to send you a letter? what exactly you to him?” Yuri grabbed her arms to stare her eyes but Sooyoung remain silent “answer me!” Yuri shook her grasp.

 

“I. . .I don’t know Yul, , , he said he likes me. .” she breathed “. . .I-I don’t want to miss. .  .this chance. .”

 

Yuri’s jaw dropped “What had gotten into you? Are you started to dating him secretly?”

 

“. . No! . .It’s his first letter. .” Sooyoung defended “We only met at the party”

 

“You deserve someone better, miss” Siwon butted in.

 

“And who are you cast in lot with this matter?” Sooyoung snapped.

 

“I’m just feels sorry for you” He answered flatly “I met his lover last night. They were together at club. Do you have any idea how pretty his lover is?”

 

“It’s none of your business! So, hands off Mr!” She shouted.

 

“He’s right Soo, ,” Sooyoung turned her head and she felt betrayed when she saw a pathetic stare coming from Yuri’s eyes.

 

“Why all of you doing this to me?” Her voice choked out not only because everyone’s prohibition but also Siwon statement. ‘They were together . .” It kept stay on her mind. He’s ing liar! He said he has no one, so she risks her life to be with him.

 

“We don’t want you to get hurt” Yuri reached out for her and letting her cry on her shoulder. She gesturing Siwon to leave them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After Yunho watched Yuri go home with her servant, he wasted no time to met Ara at their secret place, right behind the hill. He saw her sitting alone at the park bench. Her eyes wandering around but she remains her gesture in calm. Yunho realized that there are many sentries around their meeting place. So, she wanted to make it private.

 

“Good afternoon” Yunho appeared from behind. “my apologize for making your highness waiting so long.”

 

“What is with the formality Yunnie?” Ara asked softly, as she kept her straight face, seemed like she has no intend to show her true emotion.

 

“How have you been these past day?” He sat down at the empty space beside the frowning princess.

 

“I don’t know. I couldn’t feel anything” She breathed.

 

Yunho noticed how nervous she is because her hands were busy kneading the gown in her lap “I’m sorry. . . . ” He started.

 

“Don’t!. . .please don’t say sorry!” Her eyes were starting to watery now. The wall she has been built really hard crushed along with Yunho’s apologizes.

 

“But I have to. . . . .You are my best friend, Ara” Yunho turned to her. It’s not something that he can avoid for, so he kept saying although it will be so painful to her.

 

“Are you always seeing me that way? Then, what about our engagement?” She whispered, her eyes never once leaving his.

 

“I’m afraid I. . . . .” He let his word hung in the air as he saw Ara’s tears flowing down freely.

 

“What is it about her making you love her so much?” She narrowed her eyebrows, doesn’t mind at all her tears had blur her vision.

 

He took a deep breath “I-I feel comfort around her. She’s my strength, without her I couldn’t be like this” Yunho spoke gently.

 

“She never beside you these past two year, Yunnie. I’m the only one, I always right by your side. Don’t you remember that?” She quarreled.

 

“You’re right. That’s why I arise back to get her love because I’ve hurt her so bad” He reasoned out but kept his tone softly. There’s no use to argue back when she’s angry.

 

“. . and you have the heart to sacrificing me?” She choked out, could not believe that he can do something like that.

 

“I’m trying to protect you” Yunho finally told the truth “You are my best friend. . .” He took her hand “It’s my way to protecting you. I couldn’t find another way”

 

“Protecting me from what?” She demanded, clueless with the topic.

 

“I can’t tell you now. . .” He her hand softly “. .but you will find out soon”

 

“Yunnie?. . . .” She shook his hand.

 

“You better go back now, . . .” He stood up but she remained sit “I’m begging you. . . .”

 

“I haven’t finished yet!” She pulled him to sit back. Her anger had built back on her blood because of his irresponsive.

 

“Don’t you know how hurt I am when you left me that night?” She breathed as she griped his hand tightly.

 

“I’m sorry Ara” He apologized sincerely.

 

“Sorry is not enough, Yunnie” she firmly stated.

 

He turned to her “Then what you want me to do? I’m willing to beg for your forgiveness” then out of blue he kneeled down in front of her.

 

Seeing him like this was making The Princess weeping again. He never do this to anyone even his father, but he is willing to do this for Yuri.

 

“Why you do this to me?” She was sobs agonizingly “Yunho. . . . Don’t leave me, please. .” She begged.

 

“I will never leave you Ara, , , as your friend” Yunho tried to wipe her tears but she grabs his hand before it can touch her.

 

“I love you so much” She insisted.

 

 

Yunho sighed heavily “No, you’re not. You just want me. It’s different”

 

“I’m the one who know my feeling for you. . .“ She argued back.

 

“But everyone knows it’s not true, and you’re the one who have to figure it out” He was gazing her with concern “You always know my feeling towards Yuri, but you also keep to deny it. .” He paused before asserted “. . .up until now, Ara”

 

She frowned at his words, but she managed to wake up quickly and Yunho knows that she still trying to deny the truth.

 

“Take this as requite for my family helps” She demanded. Her tears had dried in her milky cheeks.

 

“I have my way to requite your family helps, Ara” He started to feel tired with this.

 

“So, you’re just gonna leave me like this?” She released her grip on Yunho.

 

“I’m never leaving you Ara, but one thing you should know, we can’t be like we used to before”

 

“It’s over. . . .” He cut her before she gave another argument “. . .but you will be forever my friend. Keep that in mind”

 

He rose from his kneeling position “Good bye”

 

Ara burst into tears as Yunho walk away. It’s also hard for Yunho to make her like this. But everything has change from now on. She has to be strong on her own now. The king dethronement had already planned right before Yunho’s mother death. But his mom messed up everything by engaged the two because she did not know the plan and everybody had through a suffering time because of it. The elders had come to a decision that there’s no way to delay.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*sigh. . . it's almost finish

I'm sorry if it's not as good as you expecting, it's my first fic anyway. . .

thanks you so much for the comments and I'm sorry because I rarely answer your question . .