Birthday party

Love in Autumn

Chapter 1

 

It was rainy that day. She lazily rolled on the bed, looking for comfort position, yet didn’t intend to leave her bed. She hoped that the rain will not stop. But luck was not on her side, she must to prepare her self for her mother birthday. Her father was Marques of Kwon.  But since he got illness, he was bequeathed the title to his only son and Yuri only sibling, Kwon Jiyoung. There was a big party for her mother birthday in the town hall and because there were many people will come so everyone was busy. She felt really annoyed because since last night she didn’t even sleep. She missed her family castle but since the season will start soon and she will start her first debut in society, she has to move to their house in the town.

A loud voice can be heard through her big and thick room’s door. She felt really dizzy mingled with sleepy, forced her self to sit and lean on the pillow. Suddenly, there was a knocked on her door with the voice that she recognized.

“My lady, can I come in?”

It was Sooyoung, her maid. Actually Sooyoung was her cousin. Marques of Kwon asked her to live with his family and to be Yuri’s maid because her parents died when she was 12 after infected TBC. She was 1 year younger than Yuri and they were really close. Yuri loved Sooyoung and regarded her as her little sister. In front of people, Sooyoung will call Yuri “my lady” but when they were alone or only with their family, she will call her with her nick name. 

 

“Sure, the door is unlocked.” she answered while rubbing her temple.

Sooyoung peek her head through the door. The loud voice can be heard more clearly.

“It is nine o’clock and you better get prepare if you don’t want to late, my lady.”

Oh good, the idea of late in her mother’s birthday was bad, she will scolded for one full week.

“Can you help me for dressing?”

 

She smiled to her.

“That’s why I’m here,” she entered the room with a dark blue silk gown in her hands. “I bring new gown for you, this gown just come this morning. Her ladyship wants you to wear it today.” she closed the door and locked it.

“So, it’s only me that late? And they already go in the town hall?” Her headache finally more decreased after a while.

 

Sooyoung opened her closet to search her corset. “Your mother really excited and she even dragged your brother from his bed. She left you because she wants to give you time for dress up. She wants you to look gorgeous in this party.” She finally found the silk corset and put in the chair beside furnace.

“Now get up from your bed lazy , and wash your face first, I will ask the waitress to bring a cup of tea and bread. I’II be back in minute”

“Thanks,” Sooyoung walked to the door. “And Soo, you come with me to the party right?” she turned toward her. “I don’t know, I still have something to do”

 

“Oh come on,,,, I don’t want to be alone” She beg to her with puppy eyes, She knew Soo can’t resist it.

 

“Actually your not alone, Lady Im and Lady Hwang will be there.”

 

“But I need you to accompany me, please…………”still with her puppy eyes.

 

“Fine then, and shove those puppy eyes from your face, it’s weird on you”

 

“Pardon me?” she got up on her feet, but Soo already gone.

 

She washed her face in the washbasin in front of the mirror, and then sat on the chair waiting for Soo to come because she can’t wear that gown by her self. The gown was beautiful; she run one hand on the smooth fabric. Her life was perfect, highly regarded family and her parents always give her everything. And this is it, she was 19 years old and she will begin her debut in the society after 2 years preparation.  

After 10 minute Sooyoung come in the room with waitress behind her, brought a tea and bread.

 

“Are you preferred to eat first or dressing first? And put the tray in the table please Mrs. Seo”

Yuri woke up from her daydream.

 

“Let’s fight with this gown first, can I not wear the corset? I have a slim waist already. Thanks Mrs. Seo” Yuri smile to the waitress.

 

“Your welcome my lady, if you need something else just call me” she smile to Yuri and then leave the room

 

“Your mother will notice it, and the corset is important because you don’t have proportional chest to show in front of the bachelors, trust me it will help you”

Yuri hated it when Sooyoung mentioned about her chest. And actually Sooyoung chest was smaller than her “You should check your mine before criticize another people chest” Sooyoung just laughed so hard. Yuri stood and holding onto pole in edge of the bed.

 

“Mine is not for show, but you need to show it if you want to get a husband “ Sooyoung took the corset and put it on her tummy. Yuri started to groan when Sooyoung pull and tie the string.

 

“I don’t need husband right now, it’s my first debut, and maybe I will look for husband when I’m 25” her mother always told her to get married soon, Her Ladyship even asked Jiyoung to made a match Yuri with one of his friends when Yuri 16 years old.

“Your mom will not let it Yul, the whole country already know it that she want you to get married after the season finish” Sooyoung picked the gown and made gesture to Yuri so she entered her body to the gown.

 

“Hold on, I will tie it. Your waist is really slim Yuri”

 

“That’s why the corset is useless Soo, I don’t get it why my mom really obsessed with my marriage. And you know that she let Jiyoung oppa sleep with any girls that he found in the club.”

 

“It’s general for young man like your brother with his money in pocket sleeps with any girls,” Finally Sooyoung finished helps Yuri with the gown. She picked face powder from dressing table and asked Yuri to sit in front of her.

 

“But that’s not fair Soo, I hope that he gets knock on his head so he can wake up and show respect to girls.”

 

“The problem is on the girls Yul. They throw them self in his arm” Sooyoung put a rose oil in Yuri lips to gave a glossy look.

 

“Don’t say that you’ll also do the same,,” Yuri glared at Sooyoung.

 

“Remember that I’ve live in this family for 6 years. He looks me as his sister. It’s done. You want to curl your hair or make it bun?”

 

“Good then, just make it bun, we don’t have much time and I want you to look beautiful as well.”

 

After finished with Sooyoung dress, they come out the house and phaeton already waiting outside. The rain was subsiding.

 

“Can I ask another carriage Mr.Lee? I don’t like ride phaeton.” Yuri asked to the headwaiter

 

“I don’t think so my lady, it’s only ten minutes left” Sooyoung really worried right now.

 

“Fine then” with the help of Mr. Lee they both climb to the carriage.

 

“Be careful My lady, Ms Sooyoung, and enjoy the party” He smiled to them

 

And the horses start to run faster.