Puppy’s Life: Memories of the owner and the dog

Puppy Love

 

My name is Sulli! I live with Vic-unnie, the owner of the biiiiig restaurant near the park. Vic-unnie is the best unnie in the whole world! She loves me a loooooooooooot and I’m the most important person in her life!

Vic-unnie’s food is the best! She always cooks yummy food for me and she also invites my friends.  I always eat in my special plate. It’s special because it was the plate Vic-unnie bought when she adopted me. 

Vic-unnie bought me a lot a cute cloth. She dressed me after I wake up and put me ribbons in my ears.  After that she will kiss me on the forehead and gave my milk. She said I need to drink a lot of milk to be a big dog!

 

‘’Ssul, What are you doing?’’ Unnie came closer to me ‘’What are you holding in your mouth?’’ I turned to see her and she looked at me confused ‘’A crayon? OMG! Sulli…

 

 

 

 

 

Are you writing?’’

 

Yup! I nodded my head excitedly. I’m writing my diary. I could see Vic-unnie smiling. She took me in her arms and hugged me.

 

‘’Ow. My Ssul is so smart’’I barked happily and her cheek‘’ But is late. We should go home’’ She kissed in the cheek’’ Go for your toys’’ She put me gently on the floor and I started running.

 

I went to unnie’s office. Vic-unnie put me a little bed so I can wait for her there until she finished her work. She said this is Sulli’s place. My toys where gathered around my bed.

Which should I take home?

Think Sulli. Think.

I saw my hamburger toy. I’m hungry. I think I will take this.

After Sulli left, I started giggling. Sulli always manage to make me laugh even at the saddest moments.

 I kneeled to pick up the papers and the crayon she was using. I started to examine the paper she was using.

 

Is there someone who can understand this?

 

Maybe dogs will.

 

I laughed at my silly thought.  Maybe they will, maybe they won’t. Dogs are so smart. I finished gathering all the papers and the crayons and went to my office.  I stood at the door when I see Sulli sitting in front of all her toys. I think she is trying to decide which she should take even though she has tons of toys at the house.  I couldn’t help smiling at the sight. I put the papers on my table while I kept an eye on Ssul.

She has just picked the hamburger toy so this means she is hungry.

‘’Are you ready, Ssul?’’ Ssul turned to see me and moved her tail. She tried to bark but the toy muffled it. ‘’Ok. Let’s go’’

I started walking at the back door and Ssul was following me behind. After I checked the security of the restaurant, we went to my car. I opened the driver’s door and Sulli jumped in and sat on the copilot’s seat.

I opened the window for Sulli. She likes to feel the air in her face. I started the engine of the car and we began our way back home.

We stopped at the red light and I can see Sulli observing all her surroundings with attention. I smiled at that sight. She has grown so much since the first day I have her. My memories went back to day we first met…

 

 

I had just opened my first big restaurant after a lot of work. It was harder because I am foreigner but my place soon gathered a lot of attention and public so I dedicated all my mind and heart to the restaurant. For that reason, I stopped caring about other things that a person of my age cares for. Even though, I was successful…..

 

 

 

 

….I felt empty.

 

 

 

 

 I didn’t have someone who will wait for me at home or share with my happy or sad moments. This thought would a minute because the next I was already thinking what plates, we would offer at the restaurant the next day.

When my mother came to visit me from China, she was surprised for my style of life. I tried to reassure her that everything was okay….but she didn’t believe….

 

 

Mothers….

 

 

 

 She would nag me about this everyday until one day…

 

 

 

She suddenly stopped…

 

 

I jumped in happiness but…

 

There was something odd…

 

I could sense it…

 

Anyway, I took a week from work and took my mother to travel around the most beautiful places in Korea. I was happy because she was enjoying it a lot and also because after a tiring day of work….I knew she would be waiting for me at home.

 

 

Unfortunately, the day of her departure came.

 

I was sad but my mother’s life was in China…. I couldn’t take away everything she loves to make her live in Korea. I sighed.

My mother noticed that and she caressed my head.

 

‘’Baby, I have something for you’’

’Really?’’ I raised my eyebrow suspiciously

‘’Wait for me a moment’’

 

She stood up and went back to her room in hurry. I laid on the couch lazily and closed my eyes for a moment. Tomorrow I will be….

 

…alone aga….

 

I couldn’t finish my sentence when I felt a little weight on my chest. I opened my eyes in surprise and there was a little bundle in front of me. I took it carefully and sat up properly.

 

It’s warm…

 

I looked at my mother confused. She just smiled and made me a signal to open it. I did it and in front of me…

 

…a little little dog was yawning with its eyes closed.

 

It was the most beautiful dog I ever seen and it seemed too fragile as if she would broke into pieces if I wasn’t careful enough.

 

‘’Her name is Xiu Tao’’

 

Xiu Tao?

Beautiful peach?

 

‘’She will take care of you from now on. You won’t be alone anymore’’

 

A small dog will take care of me? She is as big as my hand….

 

Anyway…

 

 

I liked the idea of having her. I smiled and thanked my mother. She hugged me and we slept together that day. I love my mother so much….

 

After leaving my mother at the airport, I took Xiu Tao with me to a pet shop. She would need a bed, dog food, a plate…

Good thing that Xiu Tao was small so I could carry her in my handbag. We arrived and I took everything we would…the smallest bed, the smallest pack of food, but for some odd reason I decided to take a big plate instead of a small one. I think puppies need to eat a lot in order to grow up even though I think she won’t grow up much.

 

When we were at the counter, the casher noticed Xiu Tao and patted her on the head.

‘’What’s its name?’’ she asked me with curiosity

‘’Xiu Tao’’ I answered her with a smile

‘’Oh. What a handsome name for a handsome dog’’

 

My smile dropped…

 

HANDSOME NAME?! HANDSOME DOG?!

 

 

SHE IS A GIRL!!!!

 

I didn’t say anything to the casher and continued smiled even though she had just mistaken Xiu Tao for a male.

When we arrived home, I poured some on the plate and sat on the couch.

Xiu Tao stood up and went to her plate. Her legs were trembling a little and it seemed like she has troubles to walk because she kept tripping over with her own legs…

Aish…

I looked at her better and in fact…

 

 

 

 

 

…she didn’t have anything that would say that she is a girl

What can I do?

Suddenly I remember the doll I kept on my bedroom. I went to take it in a hurry.

I smiled. They should be of the same size. I went back to the living room and interrupted Xiu Tao’s breakfast.

I took the dress off the doll and put it on her.

Yes!

But there was something missing…

What more…what more…

Oh!

I took the red laze off my hair and cut it in two. I made a in each ear…

 

Perfect!

 

‘’You’re sooo cuteeeeee now, Xiu Tao’’

 

Xiu Tao moved her tail happily.

 

‘’But... we need to change your name’’

 

I placed Xiu Tao next to me on the couch and started thinking for a cute name that will suit her. Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted when I saw Xiu Tao jumping in front of the tv barking.

‘’What are you doing, silly?’’

She looked at me and then looked back at the tv. I was son abstracted trying to find how to make Xiu Tao cuter that I didn’t notice my movie was finished and ‘’Monster Inc.’’ already started. Xiu Tao startled me when she jumped and hid behind my back.

‘’Xiu Tao is just a cartoon’’ This dog…seriously…’’Look! It’s Sulli, he is…’’

I took Xiu Tao in my hands.

‘’Sulli! Your name will be Sulli!’’

 

 

Few months passed since Sulli came to my life and I enjoyed everyday with her. The only problem is that…

 

 

 

 

 

Sulli grew up…

 

 

 

 

 

 

A LOT!

 

 

 

 

I thought that Sulli’s owner cheated my mother because I asked the vet and she told me Sulli would continue growing until she is 2 years old.   So when Sulli reach that age I won’t have a dog anymore…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…I will have a horse!

 

Anyway I love this giant baby a lot. She made my life more interesting and I don’t feel empty anymore.

But…

 

Sulli is sad

 

Because I’m busy all the day she spent the day alone at the house and we don’t know any dogs of her age. My poor Sulli…

 

Suddenly I looked through the window of my office and saw three dogs playing. I also saw two young people looking at them. One of the dogs went near them while the others were still playing. It’s not the first time I saw them or the dogs. Sometime the dogs are left alone and they came to pick them up at the afternoon. Maybe…Should I…?

I went out of my office in a hurry.

This is not my usual self but….for Sulli… I will do it!

 

‘’Hi’’ I greeted them

The young woman noticed me and smile at me ‘’Hi’’

The young me next to her did the same ‘’Hi’’

‘’Umm’’ I hesitated. This is so embarrassing…’’ My name is Victoria and…I’m the owner of the restaurant across the park’’

‘’The chinese restaurant? OMG! Your food is delicious’’ The girl said excitedly ’’Amber loves your food’’

‘’Amber?’’ I asked with curiosity

‘’She is my dog. She is playing with Minho now’’ She pointed me two dogs that should be around the same age of Sulli

‘’My name is Key and this little one is Taemin’’ The boy spoke this time and I noticed a dog with a red t-shirt in her arms

‘’ I was wondering if you bring your dogs everyday’’

‘’Are they troubling you?’’ The girl asked me worried

‘’No. It’s because I saw them often’’

‘’That’s because we are studying at the university or working’’ She pointed at Key’’ near the park and we don’t want them to be alone at our houses so we bring them to play here. By the way my name is Yuri’’

‘’Oh.  Well…I have a puppy too…I was thinking if it wasn’t a lot of trouble to bring her too’’

‘’That would be a great idea!’’ Key clapped her hands ‘’ Baby Min would love to make new friends, right?’’

‘’Thank you so much. Sulli was feeling lonely at home and…what do you do with lunch?’’ I asked worried because I have noticed they came to pick them up late

 ‘’We took turns but it’s really difficult sometimes so they have to wait until we came to pick them up to eat’’

‘’Oh’’ Suddenly, an idea popped up in my mind ‘’What about me giving them lunch?’’

‘’That would be great!’’ They said excitedly

My phone beeped. It should be the restaurant. Agh.

‘’Sorry I need to go’’

‘’Wait! I will present you Amber and Minho. There is also another dog that comes often. Her name is Luna’’

 

 

OMG!

4 DOGS?!

 

 

‘’AMMMBEEEEEEEEEEERRRRR!’’ Yuri shouted almost leaving me deaf’’MINHOOOOOOOO’’

 

Two dogs came running in our direction.

 

‘’The small one is Amber and the big one is Minho’’

 

I smiled at both of them. I chuckled seeing Amber messy hair. Minho seemed of big breed while Amber was medium. Amber waved her tail at me and came closer. I looked at Yuri and she gave me a signal to caress her. I did it slowly. I like this dog.

 

‘’Hi, Amber. My name is Victoria. We will be friends from now on, right?’’

 

Amber barked in response. I chuckled.

 

 

After a while, I said goodbye to them and went back to my office.

 

 

 Sulli will be so happy!

 

 

 

 

 

 

I parked the car at the garage. I turned to see Sulli and she was already sleeping soundly with her toy on .  It has passed 4 months since that day and I was right…Sulli is happier and I am too.

 

I took her carefully in my arms

 

 

 

 

 

AGH!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HEAVYYYYYY!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don't really know where my strength came from but I maneged to carry her to the bedroom and placed her on the bed. I went to change, turned off the lights and laid of my bed.

Sulli is still in deep sleep biting her toy in her dreams…

 

 

 

This dog…

 

 

 

Do you know how much I love you?

 

 

I opened my eyes a little…

 

 

Uh?

 

Are we already at home???!!

 

I missed my dinner!!!!!

 

It’s not fair….

I noticed unnie sleeping next to me. I kept staring at her. Unnie is so beautiful. 

Sometimes I wish she could understand me so I can tell her how much I love you and hugged her tightly when she is sad.

 

 

But..

 

Dogs can’t do that…

 

We don’t have arms….we can’t huge

 

We don’t speak human language… they can’t understand us

 

Sometimes I wish I was a human so I can caress Unnie’s hair and give her lots of kisses but…

 

 

Doglord doesn’t hear Sulli…

 

 

Sulli is sad because of that…but….at least…

 

 

 

Sulli will be forever with Vic-unnie

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

The last part melted my heart....awwww -.- I don't recognize me anymore...lol...

Anyway I will explain this chapter xD

Puppy’s Life will be a serie of Spin off to explain better the life of the other dogs :) For example this chapter explain Sultoria life and Sulli's wish. This don't affect the main story.....for now xD

Did you like the idea or should continue only with the main story? :O

Well,

make this girl happy and left a comment, pleaseeee (^O^ )