The girl who didn’t want a dog

Puppy Love

 

´´Today, we started practicing the play for the university festival’’

 

Unnie always tells me about her day while we are walking back home after she picks me up from the park. She doesn’t want me to get dirty so she holds me all the way back home. Sica-unnie loves singing and acting and she is studying theatre at the big university near the park. Unnie has a beautiful voice and we sang together sometimes. Unnie is beautiful too, but for some strange reason she is not really popular at university.

I looked up at unnie. She is smiling while she is telling me her lines. She has already memorized it since the first time they gave her the script.

 

Unnie is so beautiful…

 

Why people can´t notice that? 

 

Are they blind?

 

Even Amber and Yuri-unnie were afraid of her.  Well, they still are…

I also don’t understand why Sica-unnie dislikes Amber and Yuri-unnie so much.  Sica-unnie tries to avoid Yuri-unnie as much as possible especially since the last Saturday. She took me in a hurry and I couldn’t even give Amber a goodbye kiss. Sica-unnie started running like a mad woman until we reached our apartment.  Her cheeks were red as a tomato and she went to bed in a hurry.

She always does that whenever she feels trouble.

 

Crazy unnie!

 

‘’We are here!’’

 

Unnie’s voice snapped me out of my thoughts. We were already in our apartement. She opened the dog and we went in.  Unnie went to lie on the sofa like always. Vic-unnie does the triple of things she does and she still has energy but unnie… looks like she has come from a war.

 

I’m hungry.

 

I went to unnie and started poking her with my paw. I want food!

 

Aish!

 

This unnie!

She is ignoring me!

 

‘’Woof!’’

 

This time I barked. She is still ignoring me.

 

Lazy unnie!

 

‘’Woof!’’

 

I barked again. She is still not moving. Stupid unnie!

 

‘’Woof!Woof!Woof!’’

‘’YAH! LET ME SLEEP!’’

 

 

 

Ouch!

 

 

 

 

She threw me a pillow!

 

 

Agh….

 

I took a few steps back. I arched my body.

 

Objective localized!

 

 

 

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’OUCHHHHHHHHHH’’ I caressed my sore trying to lessen the pain and looked at the culprit ‘’KRYSTAL!’’

 

Krystal looked at me with a serious face. Then she turned her back at me, lifted her tail and started walking away slowly.

She tackled me and now …SHE IS MAD?!

Whenever she is mad she always walks with her tail lifted.

 

 

Aish!

 This dog!

 

 

She was giving the cold shoulder. Just wait, Krystal.

I went in a hurry to the kitchen and went back to the living room. I know Krystal can resist this.

 

‘’I suppose I will eat this all by myself’’

 

I opened the snack and took out one dried mango.

 

Agh!

 

I don’t like dried mangos!

 

But I could see Soojung looking at me by the corner of her eye.

 

 

 

GOTCHA!

 

 

 

 I put the corner of one of them in my mouth. Hehehehe. Krystal is following my actions. I bite the piece and swallowed with a lot of effort.

 

 

 

 

HOW CAN SHE EAT THIS?!

 

 

 

 

 Anyway…I need to continue with my plan. I took another piece and held it in front of me.

 

‘’Do you want?’’

 

Krystal looked at me emotionlessly. Where the hell this dog learned to glare? But I know she will surrender!

 

 

EH?!

 

 

SHE IGNORED ME!

 

 

 

THIS IS THE MUTT’S FAULT!

 

Krystal never did that before! She has never refused anything related to mangos!

 

I was left alone in my leaving room. Krystal went to the room and even slammed the door with her paw.

 

WTF?!

 

I HAVE BEEN IGNORED BY A DOG!

 

WHAT’S WRONG WITH THE WORLD THESE DAYS?!

 

I went to sit on my couch.

 

PUFF!

 

LIKE I CARE!

 

HUM!

 

Ow….this couch is so soft…. Maybe if I put my head on the arm…yes…it feels good….

 

 

 

 

Today is my birthday!

I hope mom and dad will give me the car I asked them for!

‘’Jessica! Come here! We have a surprise for you!’’

 

That’s mom! I went to the living room in a hurry! Please, please, I want a car!

My parents were standing next to each other and mom was holding a present box. They were smiling.

 

‘’We know you wanted this for a long time so…here it is!’’

 

My mom handed me the box. It weights a little…maybe there are the car keys and other things.  I looked at them for brief moment and opened the box.

 

 

 

 

 

WHAT IS THIS?!

 

 

 

AND WHY IS IT MOVING?!

 

 

 

CAR KEYS DON’T MOVE!

 

 

My smile dropped. The thing has a red loop so I took it and lifted it.  I looked at it better. The thing wasn’t moving. ..What is it?

 

 

‘’A DOG?!’’

 

 

I looked at my parents in disbelief.

 

 

 

 

 I WANTED A CAR!

 

 

 

‘’Yes. Darling when you were little you always said that you wanted a dog so you dad and I think…’’

‘’But I’m not little anymore! I’m 21! I want a car not a dog!’’

 

I put the dog back at the box and gave it to my mom.

 

‘’Thank you but I don’t have time for a stupid dog!’’

‘’JESSICA! Watch  your  mouth!’’

‘’You still have the nerves to scold me!’’ I exploded. I said to them millions of times that I wanted a CAR! A CAR! Not a stupid dog! ‘’Fine! I’ll leave’’

 

I took my handbag and stomped out of my house.

 

 

 

THIS IS SO UNFAIR!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I came home late. My parents should be sleeping by now. Maybe I should say sorry but there is no way I’m keeping that…

 

‘’Woof!’’

 

…dog.

 

I turned myself and the thing was looking at me while moving her tail up and down

 

‘’Shut up! This is all your fault!’’

 

I don’t know why but I shouted at the dog. I was angry. Why it is still there?! The worst part is that it looked at me with a confused face. That thing can’t understand me, right?

 

‘’Stupid dog’’

 

I muttered and turned my back. I’m so tired. I went upstairs and when  I was going to give the last step…

 

…the dog started crying

 

‘’WHAT?!’’

 

I’m tired and now I have to stand the thing whining. I turned to see the thing.

 

 

Aish…

 

 

She is whining because she can’t go upstairs….

 

Seriously…

 

I ignored her and continue going up but…

 

She is crying more…

 

Agh!

 

 

‘’OK! STOP CRYING!’’ I was exasperated by her whining ’’I WILL CARRY YOU!’’

 

‘’Woof! Woof!’’

 

She was moving her tail vigorously up and down

Stupid dog…

I went downstairs and lifted the thing by its collar. Even though I was being rude…

 

 

 

…the thing seemed happy

 

 

Aish…

 

 

I went upstairs …again and when we reached the second floor…my hand opened…

 

‘’OOPS! Sorry thing’’

 

The thing landed of its and I continued my way to my bedroom. I opened the door and I was about to enter when…

 

‘’JESSICA! IS THAT YOU?’’

 

My mom shouted from her room…

 

‘’YES!’’

‘’WHY WAS  SOOJUNG CRYING?!’’

 

 

 

 

 

WTF?!

SOOJUNG?!

MY MOM IS MORE WORRIED ABOUT THAT THING THAN ME?!

 

 

 

 

‘’WHY DON’T YOU GO AND SEE?!

 

I shouted back. I’m angry! It’s my birthday and she is worrying more about that dog than me.

 

Agh!

Stupid Parents! Stupid dog! Stupid world!

 

I slammed my door and was going to plop in my bed when…

 

‘’WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!’’

 

The thing was on MY BED jumping like some mad dog.

 

‘’THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!’’

 

I pointed at her with my index finger. She stopped jumping and looked at me with curiosity. I was so angry that I took her by her collar and put her out of MY bedroom.

 

‘’DON’T EVER THINK OF ENTER AGAIN!’’

 

I slammed my door and went to lie on my bed. I could hear her scratching my door.

 

 

‘’STOP!’’

 

She stopped.

Jum!

Stupid dog… learn who is the boss!

 

 

I closed my eyes…so tired…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’Mmmm… stop…not there…’’

 

It feels good…

 

 

 

 

Eh?!

 

 

 

I opened my eyes scared…

 

A pair of black eyes was looking at me…

 

‘’GET OUT OF ME!’’

 

The thing jumped away from and I stood up in a hurry

 

‘’COME HERE TO KILL YOU!’’

 

I went after her running. 

 

HEHEHEHE

 

I know you can’t go downstairs!

 

‘’YOU ARE MINE!’’

 

I said to her and went closer but…

 

SHE STARTED GOING DOWNSTAIRS?!

 

I WAS TRICKED BY A DOG!

 

I followed her. Damn! She is fast!

 

Without knowing we were already in the kitchen. I stopped to breathe a little. I need to go back to the gym. I saw the think going near my mother.

‘’Woof!’’

 

She barked and my mother turned to see her. She gave her a smile.

 

‘’Soojunggie. You did well. Let Umma gave you some milk’’

 

Eh?

 

My mother caressed the thing’s head and poured almost all the bottle in her plate.

 

‘’Hey! I want milk too!’’

‘’You can’t grow up anymore. Why would you want milk?’’

 

 

 

 

 

OMG!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS!

 

 

 

 

 

 

MY  OWN  MOTHER  HAS  JUST  IMPLIED  THAT  I’M  A  SHORTIE!

 

 

 

 

 

‘’DAD!’’ 

 

 I looked at my father who was reading the newspaper.

 

‘’Your mother is right. Soojung needs milk to grow up not like you’’

 

 

 

 

 

MY DAD TOO?!

 

 

 

 

 

JUST GREAT!

 

 

 

 

‘’Fine! I want orange juice!’’

‘’You go and make it. We will take Soojung to buy her some dresses’’ My mother said after placing the coffee in front of my father. Then she looked at the thing with loving eyes’’ Right, baby? We will buy you lots of cut dresses!’’

 

‘’Woof! Woof!’’

 

Stupid dog….

 

I wish my glares could kill…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’Soojung is so cute….Soojung is so sweet…Soojung is so perfect…’’ I imitated my mother’s voice ‘’Stupid dog! I’m tired of hearing about Soojung this, Soojung that’’

‘’Sica…why don’t you give her an opportunity? Maybe you will like her too’’

‘’Don’t try to make me change my opinion, Tiffany. I will never like that thing’’

‘’But Sica…’’

‘’Humpf!’’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The arrived of the things started the cold war in my house. But, for what I see…

 

 

 

 

I was the one losing everything….

 

 

Agh!

 

 

Why my parents prefer the thing over me?

 

 

I arrived at home and decided to go up to sleep. My mother was busy playing with the thing at the backyard. She looks happy….the thing makes her happy…but…

 

I think my mother noticed me because she told me that my food was on the kitchen.  I would have gone to kiss my mom on the cheek and then, eaten my food but...

 

 

 

 

…my mother didn’t even look at me….

 

 

I went upstairs and I didn’t even bother to close the door. I was hoping my mother would come and apologized for not even bothering to ask about my day…

 

 

I waited….

 

 

…and waited…

 

 

Why?

 

 

 

I was on verge on crying. Why my mom doesn’t come?

 

 

‘’Wluf’’

 

 

 

 

Not you…

 

 

 

 

‘’DON’T BOTHER ME!’’

 

‘’Wluf’’

 

Agh!

I stood up from my bed ready to shut the door to her. Soojung looked at me and began moving her tail up and down.

 

‘’Wluf’’

‘’I SAID ST…’’

 

 

 

 

Ah?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Soojung was holding a sandwich on . So that’s why she was barking in a strange way. Soojung came near me and dropped the sandwich near me. Then she went to sit outside my bedroom.

 

 

‘’Is this for me?’’

‘’Woof’’

 

I took the sandwich in my hands and looked at Soojung…

 

 

 

 

Why?

 

 

 

 

I didn’t treat you well and you are still worried about me…

 

 

 

Stupid dog….

 

I didn’t know why but I started crying like a little girl…

 

 

This stupid dog melted my heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I started to spend more time with Soojung since then. I’m starting to like this dog. She is really great.

I was walking back home holding a little bag in my hand. Today I went to the pet shop to receive the collar that I requested for Soojung. I looked at the collar proudly. I decided to give Soojung another name. Because Soojung was the name my parents put her so I need to give her another one that will be of my use only.

I arrived home and Soojung wasn’t waiting for me at the door.

 

Strange…

 

‘’Soojung!’’

 

I called her like 4 times. Where is she? Maybe she is sleeping…

 

‘’Honey’’

 

Um?

I turned to see my mother. She wasn’t looking happy as always…

‘’Mom, where is Soojung? I have a gift for her’’

 

My mom looked at me troubled.

 

‘’Darling, we give Soojung to another family’’

 

I looked at my mother dumfounded

 

‘’What?’’

‘’We noticed that you were uncomfortable with Soojung and that you felt that we were neglecting you so we decided to put her on adoption. The family came to pick her up ten minutes ago.’’

 

 

 

NO!

No! No! No!

Soojung can’t be gone. I need…I need…

 

 

 

‘’What route they took?’’

‘’Wait a moment’’ My mother was busily searching for something in her apron ’’Here! It’s the direction’’

 

I took the paper and kissed my mother on the cheek.

 

Soojung…

 

Unnie will go to rescue!

 

 

Just wait for unnie…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My legs!

So tired!

I haven’t stopped running since I left my house.

Where is it?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here!

 

 

 

 

 

I knocked the door and a woman opened it.

 

‘’Yes?’’

‘’Good Afternoon. Sorry for the…’’

‘’Mom! The doggie doesn’t want to eat’’

 

A little kid appeared and started to tug her mother shirt. I peeked the inside of the house while the woman was trying to calm her kid. There was a little bulge lying on the floor next to a dog plate.

 

Soojung!

 

 

 

‘’SOOJUNG!’’

 

I shouted and the bulge lifted her head.

 

‘’SOOJUNG! UNNIE CAME FOR YOU!’’

 

I opened my arms and Soojung came running towards me. She jumped in my arms and I hugged tightly.

 

‘’Unnie won’t let you alone again’’

 

 

I kissed her forehead while she was busily my face…

 

 

 

Soojung…

 

 

 

 

Unnie will be always there to protect you…

 

 

 

 

 

 

I opened my eyes slowly…

 

 

How long since I made that promise?

 

 

4 months?

 

 

After that day, we have been together. I decided to call her Krystal and as an emblem of what I said that day I put her the collar I bought. Krystal loved it and she won’t take it off even when she is bathing.

 

This dog…

 

She even decided to move out with me even though she will miss mom and dad and she does…

 

Aish…

 

I need to make up things with her. I’m the unnie so I should be the reasonable one…right?

 

‘’Krystal..’’

 

I called her but she didn’t answer me back. Is she still mad?

I stood up and went to the room. She should be there. I open the door slowly trying not to make a lot of noise.

 

‘’Krystal…I’m so…’’

 

Krystal…

She was sleeping in her bed hugging a picture frame. I came near her and kneeled down. I observe her…

 

She is sleeping so peacefully now…

 

I caressed slowly her head and my gaze went to the object next to her. It was a photo of the four of us.  When we moved out Krystal was so sad because mom and dad wasn’t there that I gave her the frame as a gift and everytime she felt sad, she would always hugged it. I didn’t stop caressing her body…her head...her paws…

 

My baby is so beautiful…

 

I’m sorry…

 

You deserve an unnie much better than me…

 

I laid next to her on the floor and moved closer. I put my arms around her and continue looking at her.

 

Krys…

 

Thank you for bearing with me…

 

 

You complete unnie’s life…

 

 

Do you know that?

 

And don’t forget…

 

 

 

‘’Unnie loves you’’

 

 

 …

 

I could feel Unnie hugging me. I didn’t open my eyes.

 

I’m still mad!

 

Unnie was caressing me slowly.  She snuggled closer to me. Does she think I will…?

 

 

 

‘’Unnie loves you’’

 

 

 

Unnie…

 

I opened my eyes a little and she was already slept.

 

Aish…

 

Stupid unnie…

 

Krystal loves you a lot too…

 

Even though you can be clumsy, forgetful and don’t know how to cook but…

 

 

 

 

For Krystal…

 

 

 

 

You are the best unnie of the world

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

The girl who didn't want a dog because Jessica didn't want a little sister xD

I'm updating because today is the end of the world xD and I'm still alive hehehe

Thanks for your comments :D 10 is a lot especially when readers are scared of the keyboard xD

Only one person is worried about Sulli and the rest want Suzydog to appear xD LOL But why Suzydog? Aren't Suzy and Krystal friends? 

Make this girl happy and left a comment, pleaseeee (^O^ )