Conclusion

Heartbeat

 

Chapter 8

 Our Conclusion

            When the class come to an end, I packed up my stuff in record time, and left the class before any could catch or talk to me. Thankfully I spotted Dongwoo, and ran up to him. I know people were staring but right I didn’t care. “Come sit with Hoya and I at lunch.” He said hoping to brighten my mood. Smiling I let him guide me to the café. As soon as we entered people stared to whisper. Dongwoo stopped; I noticed we are at a table near the back of the café. Looking up I noticed many of the schools star football players. Nerves came over me and I started twiddling my thumbs.

“Hey don’t worry they’re friendly.” Dongwoo reassured, “Guy’s this is Claire, my girlfriend.” He said. Blushing I said a quiet hi and tried to hide behind Dongwoo. “Really Dongwoo, the queen of the nerds is your girlfriend?” “Myungsoo her name is Claire and yes she is.” He said through gritted teeth. Dongwoo even scared me through the look on his face. Dongwoo introduced me to all of his friends, while I sat between him and Hoya. I always thought the football players were just mean, loud and rude, but when I got to know them they were such goofballs. I couldn’t stop laughing through lunch.

            The rest of the day went by with only little distractions. The popular group tried to harass me but it never went well for them. I now had the football players as my own personal bodyguards, but I wasn’t able to shake the feel of being empty. I didn’t feel whole without my friends. When I got home after a whole day of rumors spreading like wildfire I was thankful to be home with no one home. Finally I can have the peace and quiet that I need to think things out. Going into my room I log on my IM.

Gamergirl: Logged on, it showed. I hope Brie and Charlie were online and were willing to talk to me. Waiting I took out an old photo book. Flipping through the countless pages, tears gathered in my eyes. I remember when we promised to always be friends regardless of what would happen. Rubbing my eyes I tried to get rid of the tears. I closed the book, praying for one of them at least to talk to me. I don’t know what I would do without both of them.

Ding. Standing up I raced to my computer. They’re on.

Gamergirl: I’m sorry :(

Goddess: …

Pixie: …

Gamergirl: please don’t shut me out :’(

Goddess: meet us at the bakery in 20 min.

            I raced out of my room throwing on whatever jacket was on the rack and ran to the bakery. Arriving I looked down at my watch and noticed I was early, so I went into the bakery and ordered three chocolate milkshakes. By the time I got the drinks and found a table to sit at, Brie and Charlie entered.

 “Brie, Charlie I found us a table over here.” I said walking towards them. I noticed both of them held a static look on their faces – well isn’t this a great start. “I… um bought you two some milkshakes.” I nervously said sliding the drinks over. “I’m sorry.” I said with my head down.” Silence. Nothing was heard, not a single word left their mouth. I tried at least, I thought to myself. I picked up all my stuff, and began my leave.

            “Wait,” Brie spoke first, “Why? Why didn’t you tell us? Did you not want him to know us? Are you ashamed of us?” Brie question finally turning around grabbing onto my arm. I could see the tears gather in her eyes. For someone as strong as her to cry meant I had really hurt her.

“No. I thought you would be ashamed of me.” I told her truthfully, “I thought you wouldn’t want to be friends with me if I was dating Dongwoo. I knew how much we, especially you Charlie, don’t particularly like them.”

Charlie stood up and walked right in front of me. Grabbing me into a hug Charlie cried into my chest. Stunned I held Charlie and patted her hair.

“I missed you Claire bear.” To say the least, my trio re-grouped promising to tell each other everything no matter how bad it may seem.

            Once Brie, Charlie and I made up I introduced them to the football jocks; sorry Dongwoo’s friends. At first they were very cautious but once they found out they were just as crazy as us they started opening up. Now here we are, Dongwoo and me sitting next to one another at the lunch table with my two friends across from me. Looking around the table I couldn’t believe all what I went through. All the ups and downs it took to take me here; Dongwoo and me as boyfriend and girlfriend. Brie and Hoya also got together but that’s a whole new story. Leaning back on my boyfriend’s shoulders I sighed in relief. Who knows where life will take us, but at least we have each other.