Confession

Heartbeat

 

Chapter 6

Confession

            I just stood in my spot. I couldn’t believe what I just heard. Dongwoo, The Dongwoo just asked ME to be his girlfriend. Dongwoo stood up scratching the back of his head nervously; probably because I hadn’t answered him. “Um, it’s okay you don’t have to answer you know?” He stuttered nervously. He started to turn around and leave awkwardly.

“Yes.” Dongwoo froze. Slowly turning around he faced me and said, “Yes?”

 “Yes” I said confidently, “But I do have one condition though,”

“Okay.” He said skeptically.

“You can’t tell anyone that we’re dating.”

“But…” He started.

“Nope that is my condition. Take it or leave it.” I interrupted firmly. We stood there in a moment of awkward silence.

“Okay!” he said finally as his face lit up. I smiled and he smiled and walked over and took my hand.

 “So what now?” I asked.

“Well,” he hugged me from the back putting his chin on my shoulder, “Since someone doesn’t want us to be known I’ll have to get your number.” Sneaky I thought to myself.

Taking out my phone, Dongwoo burst out laughing. “What?!” I asked.

“Can it even text?” He took the phone from my hand and added his number, “Our first date we’ll go to the mall,” He kissed my cheek, “I’ll text you the deet’s” and off he went as my face continued to redden, my heart soaring.

            “Claire Bears!” Charlie shouted from across the hall. Stopping in my tracks I waited for Charlie to catch up. Feeling her and Brie grab my hand we searched for our first period rooms. We found Charlie’s room first; it was the music room on the main floor.

“Now onto finding your homeroom which is…?” Brie asked hanging her arm around my shoulders.

“Room 213,” I said quietly.

            Class was being to go fairly well, we are playing a game called Name Bingo. However the thing was Dongwoo kept coming. Since Brie magically ended up in my class she got annoyed of Dongwoo quite fast and told him a few colourful words to get him to leave me alone. A lot good that did, because right after Dongwoo decided not to leave me alone Brie exploded. Yelling at Dongwoo only caused our teacher to talk to her, leaving me here alone with Dongwoo.

“Little miss, what are you going to do without your shield?” Dongwoo said almost making fun of me.

“Leaving you.” I said sticking my tongue out.

“Oh careful there missy you don’t want people to find do you?” Okay now he’s just mocking me. Wait, I froze in my place; I forgot I’m still in class. Looked around the class I sighed in relief, I noticed people we’re just talking to their friends.

I turned towards Dongwoo, “I really meant what I said before. I’m guessing Hoya already knows?” I pointed towards Hoya.

“Hey I can’t keep anything from this man.” Dongwoo grabbed Hoya in a head lock.

“Yeah break it up,” I tried to pull the two away, “Hoya,” I looked at Hoya with a serious expression, “You can’t tell anyone, okay?”

“Sure no probs little miss.” He said patting my head.

“Yeah you two, I’m not little. You two are just too tall.” I stated. Seeing Brie re-entered the class I gave Dongwoo a quick look and walked away.

Thankfully the first 3 weeks of school went well; no more surprises came along except for the fact I got a new iPhone because my Dinosaur of a phone; said by Dongwoo, wasn’t good enough. I felt my phone vibrate. I tried to ignore it and I did pretty well, I took out my phone. I opened it up and found a text from none other than my ‘Handsome Boyfriend <3’. Shaking my head at the name; I really have to change it sometime, I read the text,

From: Handsome Boyfriend <3

U + me Saturday date, k?

To: Handsome Boyfriend <3

Sure pick me up at my house.

            I walked home with Brie and Charlie on either side of me. Brie and Charlie were talking out but I was so spaced out. I know I’ve already been on a date with him before but I don’t know what to do. I don’t know who to talk to. If I talk to the two babbling fools on either side of me, they wouldn’t even let me out of the house let alone date him. If I told my dad, well let’s just say we have a shotgun in our basement. And finally my mom… hum I don’t know what she’ll say. “Claire! Are you even listening to us?” Brie asked snapping me back to reality. Grinning nervously I decided not to answer. “Girl what are we going to do with you?” she shook her head, “I’ll ask you again. Do you want to hang out on Saturday?” Oh no, what will I do, I can’t tell her I can’t because I have a date with Dongwoo.

“No sorry,” I said looking down guilty that I’m lying to her, “I have a huge tec project already.” Okay technically it wasn’t that big of a lie, I did have to create a stair plan but that would only take me about 30-40 minutes max.

“Oh,” Both Charlie and Brie said in surprise, “Okay then Claire Bear.” Charlie said.

            Arriving home I immediately looked for my mom. “Mom you home?” I shouted looking around for her. “In the living room Claire.” Walking to the living room I spotted my mom on the couch watching one of her favourite soap operas; I think it was called One Life to Live. “Mom I have something I wanna ask you something.” I cautiously stated, “I have a date this Saturday and I don’t know what to wear.” My mom looked frozen in her place with a look of surprise crossing her face. Coming up to me she hugged me, “Aw my baby is growing up. Let’s go look for something.” Together we went upstairs and I became almost like a living Barbie. I can’t even remember how many different types of cloths I tried on.

            Finally it’s Saturday. I was wearing a light pink dress with a sweet heart neck line, and a little floral frill on the bottom. Was the outfit too much? Should I change? Billions of questions raced through my mind, but I didn’t have any more time to change my mind because I can hear the doorbell ring. Running to the door, I tried to contain my excitement. When I looked at Dongwoo I was stunned. Dongwoo looked amazing, and he was just sporting a nice pair of black blue jean pants and a simple white buttoned up shirt. Okay I’m so overdressed, I thought as I felt my whole face blush. “Missy you look fine. Don’t worry.” Nodding my head I let him lead me to his car.

“Where are we going?” I asked him. Smiling Dongwoo answered, “It’s a surprise. Just sit back and relax.” Resting my back on the seat I just watched the scenery pass by. 

“We’re here.” Dongwoo shook me awake. I guess I must have fallen asleep; I got out of the car. Amazed I couldn’t believe where Dongwoo took me. He brought me to the natural butterfly exhibit near Niagara Falls. I turned towards Dongwoo with the brightest smile plastered on my face,

“This is SO cool.” I shouted excitedly.

“I knew you would like it, so come on lets go in.” smirking Dongwoo took my hand and off we went. Holding hands we walked around the whole exhibit and even took some pictures with my camera.