The pictures

Heartbeat

 

Chapter 7

 The Pictures

Taking me home, Dongwoo kissed me goodnight. Before he could leave I touched his arm softly. “I think its okay to tell people we’re dating.” I admitted with sincerity in my voice.

“Really?!” Dongwoo asked excitedly. Giggling I nodded my head. He picked me up hugging us and swinging me around. Going into my house I went straight to sleep excited for Monday. I wonder what Brie and Charlie will think?

            Monday came and I texted Brie and Charlie to meet me by my locker. I raced to school both nervous and excited to tell them. I know they’d probably be mad but I hope they understand. Walking into the school I received glares from many people; whispers about me floated in the air. Holding my books closer to my body I picked up my pace hoping to spot Brie or Charlie. I got to my locker and found a whole group of people gathered around the row of lockers.

Curious I pushed my way through the crowd. I froze in my spot terrified at what was shown in front of me. Saturdays date with Dongwoo was posted all across the lockers with words like ‘’, ‘’ and ‘’. I saw Nana and Amanda smirking in the background. Ripping down one sheet, I looked up with tears gathering in my eyes and I spotted Brie and Charlie, hurt looks graced their faces. No longer holding in my tears I raced out of the area, leaving the school behind.

            Coming to a stop I was at a park. Placing my bag on the grass I stumbled towards the swings. I couldn’t believe; no I couldn’t understand why someone would do this to me. I felt my phone vibrate countless times. I just turned off my phone, wanting to be away from everyone and everything.

Crying till my eyes were red I just started swinging. “You know you don’t look pretty crying little nerd.” Dongwoo said surprising me.  I just turned me head away from him, embarrassed with both myself and him; I knew dating him probably wasn’t right. “Hey,” Dongwoo took my face in his hands, “I’m sorry. I didn’t know this would happen.” Looking up I saw the sincerity on his face.

“How’d you even find me?” I asked quietly.

“I guessed. You did say you liked nature and swings.” A little smile graced my face.

“I don’t know what to do.” I told him honestly. We walked around the park for a bit, just holding hands in silence I was almost able to forget everything that had happened. Unfortunately I knew I’d have to face everyone soon or later. Stopping I faced Dongwoo, “We should probably go back.”

Dongwoo looked me in the eye, “You sure? We don’t have to go back today.” Getting a hold of myself I wiped my eyes looking at Dongwoo with a large smile, “Yup. Let’s go.” Taking a calming breathe I picked up my bag and we began our walk. Admiring the scenery, I stopped at almost every beautiful flower patch. Don’t know if I did it on purpose or not but I was dreading school.

            As we re-entered the school everyone was staring at us. Feeling my hand squeezed I looked up at Dongwoo and felt a little better. Taking a deep breathe I started walking towards my 3rd period class after looking at my watch. Right before I entered I felt Dongwoo give me a hug from behind. “Be careful. Okay?” he said, worry in his tone.

 “I will.” I said turning in his hold. Dongwoo kissed me before leaving going to Accounting. Hearing the bell I walked into class. My friends probably won’t talk to me anymore, I think I’m hurting Dongwoo’s rep, and I can feel the stares of everyone. Taking my usual seat near the back I couldn’t wait for this day to be over.