Our Eyes Met

We're just meant to be

IU fidgeted nervously in her seat and looked around in the class, 'He hasn't come yet,' IU thought and gave a heavy sigh. She wasn't really sure about her new look, even with the encouraging response she had received from her schoolmates. Many of them smiled at her for the first time and some had even attempted to strike friendly conversations with her.

Just then, Hara walked into the class with her group of friends. She paused at IU's table, with slightly gaping. Then as if she awoke, she quickly regained her posture and said with a smirk, 'Wow, looks like IU went for a makeover. Turns out, it's a failure. But you got to give her some credit for putting in the effort right?' She inched closer to IU until they were face to face, 'You want to be pretty huh? You want to be pretty so that Taeyang would notice you right? Don't expect so much though, I doubt that would happen.' Hara finished with a laugh and sauntered off to her seat.

IU turned beet root red. 'How did Hara know that a part of me is doing this for Taeyang? Am I so predictable? Would Taeyang find out my feelings for him? Or worse, that I actually undergone this makeover so that he would notice me? What should I do? I'm so stupid, I shouldn't have done this,' IU thought angrily. She clutched her plastic bag containing her normal clothes and spectacles and marched out of the classroom, 'Luckily I have my old clothes and spectacles here with me. I'm just going to change out of this stupid blouse and skirt and put on my spectacles like usual.' IU thought as she made her way out of the classroom.

'Hey clumsy head! Look where you are going!' Taeyang teased as IU banged into him accidentally.

GD wolf whistled as a red-faced IU looked up and apologised profusely, 'Wow! It's that even IU? You look really pretty!' GD exclaimed and nudged Taeyang playfully, prompting him to compliment IU too.

'Yeah, you look r-really good,' Taeyang stammered, he wanted to say more, but he was tongue tied. He looked away hurriedly so IU wouldn't see him blushing.

IU blushed, just then GD pointed to the plastic bag that she was holding, 'What's that?' He asked curiously.

'It's nothing,' IU waved anxiously, 'I was just going to change back into my normal clothes in the toilet. I know I look silly dressed like this, and the compliments you gave me were just out of courtesy.' IU said and gave a nervous smile.

Taeyang looked up suddenly and interrupted, 'The compliments were not just out of courtesy! You really do look pretty!' He was surprised that IU did not know that she looked good, and what's more was that she was doubting their sincere compliments.

'T-thank you,' IU stammered as she lowered her head, 'I guess I won't change then if that's the case.' IU finished with a  shy smile and quickly hurried back to her seat.

Her heart was beating so quickly that she literally could hear her heart beat. 'Taeyang said I looked pretty, Taeyang said I looked pretty,' She repeated in her head, and a gush of happiness rushed through her body, sending tingles all around.

At the other end of the classroom, Taeyang was silently looking at IU. 'She is wearing contact lenses instead of spectacles today, and she looks so pretty in her floral white blouse and plaited baby blue skirt with her coral pink flats, and instead of tieing her hair into two braids today, she plaited her fringe up.' Taeyang thought while a smile inched onto his face.

'Hey!' GD shouted in Taeyang's ear. 'Stop daydreaming!' He said as he playfully bashed Taeyang's head.

'I wasn't daydreaming, I was thinking about very important stuff,' Taeyang said, trying to defend himself.

'Yeah, thinking about how to make IU your girlfriend?' GD teased, 'Come on, do you think you can lie to me? I'm your best friend, and I know absolutely what is on your mind.'

Taeyang blushed and immediately said, 'No, that's not it. It's got nothing to do with IU, you're thinking too much!'

'Oh, we got shy Taeyang over here,' GD said when he noticed Taeyang's red cheeks, 'I rarely see you blush like that bro! So I guess you must really like IU huh?'

Taeyang shook his head violently, he cupped his ears and said, 'Say whatever you want, I'm not listening,' He taunted GD playfully, and both of them squabbled childishly.

 

'Here, my mom made this,' IU produced the two lunch boxes during lunch proudly for Taeyang and GD.

GD sniffed the contents of the lunch box and immediately exclaimed, 'It's Bibimbap! My favourite!' and tucked into his food.

Taeyang opened his lunch box and a note fell out. It read, 'Dear Taeyang oppa, thank you for helping me clean the mess in the classroom yesterday. And thank you for not asking me what happened which would really have made me feel uncomfortable and embarrassed. You're really a nice person! So in order to thank you, I put in a larger portion of the Bibimbap into your lunch box! Don't tell GD oppa okay? ^__^ From, IU.'

Taeyang slipped the note into his pocket and winked at IU, putting a finger to his lips to show her he got the message. IU nodded and smiled back at him.

Taeyang started tucking into his his food, and the food was really delicious, but he was sure that that wasn't the only thing which was contributing to his good mood. He occasionally glanced at IU, and every single time his heart would start beating  fast and he couldn't stop smiling. 'This is the best Bibimbap ever!' Taeyang said cheerily as he finished the whole lunch box, and smacked his lips playfully to show that it was really delicious.

IU laughed and thought, 'If I could see him smile like this everyday, I'll bring him my mother's Bibimbap for him every single day without fail!' She smiled and immediately looked down when her eyes and Taeyang's met.