Sweetness

We're just meant to be

Taeyang stood frozen with his mouth slightly open, mesmerised by how gorgeous IU looked that evening. He knew that IU was pretty, but he did not know with just a little more make-up and a dress, she would look so beautiful.

'What's wrong Taeyang oppa?' IU asked anxiously, it was one of the few times that she was wearing make-up and a dress and she was feeling very unsure about herself. 'Is it my hair?' IU asked again, fidgeting with her hair which had been curled especially for the evening.

'Leave it,' Taeyang said softly as he grabbed IU's hand, 'I was just staring at you because you had me stunned by your beauty.'

'You look very handsome yourself,' IU said shyly, lowering her head to cover her red cheeks, 'I'm one hundred percent sure that all the girls would be staring at you later.'

'Are you jealous again?' Taeyang laughed and pulled IU closer to his side, 'Those three sickening guys better don't get caught by me tonight. I'm still fuming over how they got the guts to invite you to the dance.'

'Hey!' IU shouted playfully, trying to wriggle out of Taeyang's hold, 'I told you they aren't the sickening ones, you are!'

'Just keep quiet,' Taeyang shushed IU and pulled IU into a bear hug, 'It's very cold tonight, so keep me warm.'

IU just smiled, it wasn't cold at all but if it was just another excuse Taeyang was making so that they could hug, then so be it.

 

The couple then proceeded to the ballroom, hand in hand.

'Oh my, there's so many people!' Taeyang said with a small sigh, noticing many fellow schoolmates all dressed in fancy dresses and tuxedos, 'With this crowd, how are we going to enjoy this romantic evening together?'

'It's a school event, so obviously it's going to be crowded,' IU said whilst scanning the hordes of people. However, she was also a little disappointed because she was hoping for a special moment with Taeyang tonight. Perhaps those scenes where a couple dances beneath the moonlight, with classical music in play, only existed in romance movies and love novels.

'Young Bae!' GD shouted as he spotted Taeyang, slapping his back as an informal greeting.

'Hey Ji Yong!' Taeyang's face lifted at the sight of his best friend, 'When did you arrive?'

'How dare you have the cheek to ask me that when you abandoned me tonight,' GD pouted cheekily, 'Don't you remember how we always came to these events together, and we'll slip off somewhere to get drinks and have a heart to heart talk?'

'Ji Yong, I'm sorry,' Taeyang started with an apology, 'It's because me and IU had just made up and I really wanted to make this night a sweet memory for the both of us-'

'Has dating killed your brain cells?' GD asked, barely containing his laughter, 'You idiot! Of course I don't mind! If I really wanted to go with you, I would have called you!'

'Hey!' Taeyang shouted back, laughing at himself as well. He and GD were friends for many years and just by looking at one another, they could figure out what the other was thinking. It was only because that Taeyang was too nervous that night that he actually got himself tricked by GD.

'I've found someone special too,' GD said with a smirk, and pulled a girl beside him. 'She's Dara, beautiful right?'

Taeyang and IU both gave a little gasp. Dara was also one of the popular girls in school. She was not only pretty, but she was also humble and had a kind heart. She loved singing, dancing and socialising, very much like GD. It was no wonder these two ended up together.

'C-Congrats!' Taeyang gushed excitedly, 'Thinking about it, you two match very well! The two of you should have been together from a long time ago!'

'Thanks buddy!' GD said as his and Dara's ears turned red, 'We do make a cute couple don't we?'

 

'It's really so noisy here!' IU complained as she cupped her ears with her hands.

'I got an idea, follow me,' Taeyang said suddenly as an idea popped into his head and he covered IU's eyes with both of his hands, leading her to the mysterious place.

 

'It's pretty isn't it?' Taeyang said cheerfully as he removed his hands from IU's eyes, 'And it's quiet too.'

'Where are we?' IU asked, turning around 360 degrees to figure out the place.

'This is the garden at the back of this hotel!' Taeyang said as he squeezed IU's hands, 'The school anniversary's dance was held here last year too, and me and Ji Yong found out about this place when we were looking for a place away from the crowd.'

'Then maybe we will see GD and Dara here too later!' IU replied with a tinkling laughter, squeezing Taeyang's hand back.

Suddenly, it became silent except for the rustling of the leaves and the occasional songs by the crickets. The ambience was lovely with Taeyang and IU standing under the moonlight holding hands and gazing lovingly into each other's eyes. A dance would seal everything up perfectly.

'Would you offer me this dance?' Taeyang whispered as he raised IU's right hand and wrapped his other hand round her waist.

'I'll love to,' IU replied with a twinkle in her eyes.

The two of them then started dancing. Even though it wasn't any fanciful dance but just a simple dance where they both followed a slow and simple rhythm, they both had a very special moment together. Because at that moment, they were dancing under the moonlight, with the sounds of the crickets and leaves in the background, and it was all that mattered because their romance really seemed like a movie now.

 

Time passes fast when you're enjoying yourself because Taeyang and IU did not even notice that it was already midnight until GD phoned Taeyang to remind him.

Taeyang and IU then trotted to the nearby bus-stop to catch the last bus home. With their faces flushed with happiness and their fingers tightly laced round one another's, it was easy to guess that they had a great time together.

'We're going to alight at one stop before your house,' Taeyang said gently with a hint of excitement, 'Don't ask me why, but just follow me.'

IU simply nodded, not asking more because she knew Taeyang would not tell her what he had in mind even if she begged.

 

'Can you tell me why we have alighted one stop earlier now?' IU asked eagerly as they both alighted.

'I wanted to do this,' Taeyang said and he took off one of IU's high heels off her feet, 'You can't walk anymore right?'

'What are you doing?' IU asked, placing her hands at her hips,' Give me back my shoe now!'

'I want to carry you home on my back,' Taeyang admitted, 'Like how I did before, on the night of Daesung's birthday party.'

IU did not know why tears started to well up in her eyes, perhaps it was because she was touched by Taeyang's actions, found him silly for his childish, romantic ways or simply just because she felt so loved.

'Hey, I didn't mean to make you cry,' Taeyang said anxiously, thinking that he had done something wrong, 'Why are you crying?'

IU shook her head quickly, put her arms around Taeyang's neck and asked, 'I thought you wanted to carry me home?'

'If you're crying because you're touched then you better stop that silly habit of yours,' Taeyang said as he carried IU, 'I hate to see your crying face. So if you cry every time I do these kind of things, I may just stop giving you romantic surprises already.'

'Hey! What logic is that?' IU shouted like a kid, 'And how can you hate my face?'

'I just love how we are so immature,' Taeyang confessed softly as the both of them set off the path, illuminated by the stream of moonlight.

 

'Taeyang!' IU's mother exclaimed jovially as she spotted her daughter and the supposed friend outside the gate, 'You brought my Ji Eun back again!'

'Yes I did,' Taeyang said with a laugh, 'Can we come in?'

'Omma! Taeyang oppa!' IU suddenly blurted out, 'I wanted to ask you two something days ago but it kept slipping my mind. Were the both of you the ones who were planning to change my mind from leaving for Canada that day? Because it makes no sense to me that you weren't at the airport because of your sudden stomachache and Taeyang oppa came to the airport to look for me. How did Taeyang oppa knew which terminal I was in? And Omma, why didn't you make it to the airport in the end? You looked perfectly fine to me when I came back!'

Taeyang and IU's mother both shrugged their shoulders at the same time, winking to each other.

 

'Taeyang, do you want to stay for the night today?' IU's mother asked noticing Taeyang's tired face and the late time, 'I don't think there are any more buses at this hour.'

'I'll love to if it doesn't bother you,' Taeyang said, accepting the offer, 'I can just lie here on the coach.'

'Who says you're going to sleep at my house tonight?' IU interrupted suddenly, 'I forbid you from sleeping in my house.'

'Why?' Taeyang asked puzzled, what tricks were IU going to pull now?

'We're both not sleeping tonight,' IU said, rubbing her hands in glee, 'We're going to watch Secret Garden!'

She excitedly put the disk in into the DVD player and hummed to the opening song.

'It's my favourite drama,' IU said happily, 'I've always been jealous about Kim Joo Won's and Gil Ra Im's romance in this story.'

'Secret Garden?' Taeyang raised his eyebrows surprised, 'Do you know that I love Secret Garden too?'

'You watched it before?' IU asked shocked, she didn't expect guys to watch sappy love stories, let alone Taeyang.

'And why are you jealous of the couple's relationship in the drama?' Taeyang asked brashly, 'When I can be your Kim Joo Won in real life?'

IU banged the disk cover on Taeyang's head lovingly, 'You mean a shorter Kim Joo Won?'

'Why are you always bringing up my height these days?' Taeyang said irritably but not hiding the smile on his face.

IU cuddled next to Taeyang on the sofa and they both started to watch the drama, realising how lucky they both were to have a real love story between them.

 

Only minutes into the drama, IU's eyes began to close and no matter how hard she tried to keep them open, it was of no use. Taeyang noticed the sleepy IU and immediately pulled IU's head to his chest, her hair gently, surrendering her to sleep. Taeyang couldn't help smiling to himself when IU started to snore a little.

When IU stepped into the classroom, the whole class burst into laughter. IU covered her ears, trying to block out the terrible sounds but to no avail. The laughter kept echoing inside her head, and nothing she did would make them go away. Just then, Hara stood up abruptly, taking confident strikes to where IU was standing. She stared at the helpless figure in front of her, shaking her head at the pathetic sight. Suddenly, she pushed IU into a deep, dark hole. The hole seemed like it had no end, because IU fell and fell, never landing. She squeezed her eyes shut and flailed her arms wildly in the air, all the time shouting for Taeyang to rescue her. However, he was nowhere in sight. A thought rang in her head, telling her that Taeyang was up there with the rest, mocking at her and enjoying the whole prank. He wasn't going to come for her.

'No, not this dream again,' IU murmured as she shook her head violently, trying to escape the brutal dream and its memories.

She fell and fell, and her tears trickled and trickled. Suddenly, it seemed like she had landed. It was still dark but she was not falling anymore. When she looked up, she saw Taeyang's face smiling sweetly at her and saying, 'You clumsy head.' It was him, it was Taeyang. He was the one who caught her. He wasn't up there laughing at her with the rest, instead he was the one who went down just to catch her in his arms. The hole seemed to light up all of a sudden, and there above was a bright, full moon shining on them.

IU opened her eyes, thinking about the dream that she just had. It was a similar dream to the one she had when she was about to leave for Canada, but this dream was different and it was beautiful. It was then that she realised that she was actually really in Taeyang's arms. She had fallen asleep while watching the drama, and Taeyang had too, holding her in his arms as they both fell asleep.

IU's movement roused Taeyang from his light slumber and he asked, 'You're awake?'

'No, I'm still sleeping,' IU replied sarcastically with a smile, 'There's something I want to tell you.'

'What is it?' Taeyang asked softly.

'I love you,' IU said slowly, even herself was caught off guard by her words, but she genuinely felt that it was time that she said those three special words.

Taeyang's eyes widened, now fully awake. 'What's wrong? Are you going to leave me again? What's with the sudden declaration of love?' He asked suspiciously and concernly.

'Fine, I take it back,' IU said grumpily, feeling a little deflated that Taeyang was so suspicious.

'Hey!' Taeyang shouted hurriedly, 'You can't take these things back! Once it's said, it's said!'

IU gave a hearty laugh and said, 'So do you want me to say that again?'

'No,' Taeyang replied, ruffling IU's hair, 'Now it's my turn to say it.'

'Okay,' IU laughed at their silliness.

Taeyang gave a small cough, he had never said he "loved" any girls before. He sure had dated many, but the sweetest phrases that were exchanged were always "I miss you" or "I like you".

'What's the matter?' IU asked noticing that Taeyang was hesitant, 'You don't want to say it?'

'It's not that I don't want to say it, it's that I don't have the guts to say it,' Taeyang replied abashed, 'You're really special to me and I really value and cherish our relationship. I know we're still young, but I really hope you're the one I'm going to spend my future with. So those three words, let me say them to you now. I love you.'

With those three words, a kiss and a hug, it was just the start of their sweet love story together.

 

 

 

 

Author's note:

OMG HELLO MY LOVELY READERS!! <3 Yay!! I hope you guys love this chapter and the entire story!! Hehe, time flies and this is the last chapter already so I added many special things inside! ^^ I've always liked GD's and Taeyang's friendship and because I can't write gay fanfics (sorry T^T) so in this fanfic, they're only best buddies. I'll feel a little guilty if Taeyang is with IU but GD will end up with no one. So... I put Dara inside to make the story sweeter and more complete! Dara's the only one who I can think of that matches with GD... And sorry if it's random that I added the 'watching secret garden' part, because I absolutely love Secret Garden and hehe I just couldn't resist adding it inside!! Okay, after this fanfic, I'm going to concentrate on my studies already because I have a really major exam in one month's time, so wish me good luck! I'll write more fanfics and probably try writing one-shots after my exams! :) THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR READING, COMMENTING OR SUBSCRIBING, MY LOVELY READERS! :* I love you guys! Okay, sorry for this sloppy love message, bye bye!! xoxo