Not My Idea

We're just meant to be

'Where were you during lunch?' GD asked Taeyang worriedly after school.

'I had to attend to something urgently. Were you missing me badly in that short period of time?' Taeyang replied cheekily, dodging GD's playful punch.

'Are you kidding me? I almost did not realise your absence!' GD replied with a laugh, 'Hey, don't try to change the subject here. Were you with IU? Did something bad happened. I had a bad feeling when you and I left the table, leaving IU with Hara alone.'

'Woah, your sixth sense is very accurate then!' Taeyang replied laughing, 'Something bad did happen, but it's okay now. Don't worry.'

'That's a relief,' GD said, relaxing his shoulders. 'So you were with IU?' He asked again curiously. Catching Taeyang turn red, he continued taunting, 'You're really taking this bet seriously! Are you really so eager on winning?'

'Do you think that I am doing this for that stupid bet?' Taeyang snapped furiously, 'My feelings for IU are really genuine, so just forget about the existence of that bet. Sometimes I feel so guilty whenever I think that I previously had a motive in approaching her in the first place, and it just hurts me inside.

GD was taken aback by Taeyang's sudden words. Even though he had known Taeyang since they were little, it was the first time he saw Taeyang reacting this way for a girl, the first time that Taeyang was ever so serious about a girl.

'So you really like her don't you?' GD asked softly, 'I saw it coming, but I didn't know that you were so serious. Don't worry pal, I won't bring up that stupid bet again. I guess we were wrong about her right from the start, she isn't that bad once you get to know her. I may even want her for myself.'

'What?' Taeyang exclaimed in shock.

'Bro, I'm just kidding! You should have seen your reaction! It was priceless!' GD laughed till his sides were about to crack, 'You know that she isn't my type anyway. But she suits you perfectly though, better than all the other girls who you hung out with in the past.'

'Don't make fun of me like that!' Taeyang huffed angrily, 'But you're right, she's so special. She's the first girl who could make me feel lightheaded in her presence and make my heart race. She's just one of a kind.' Taeyang finished dreamily.

'Look who's talking, it's Mr In-Love!' GD joked, 'Anyway, I sure am glad you finally found your girl. And you can count on me to introduce cheeky chances for you two to get closer!

'Don't try to do anything silly,' Taeyang said protectively, 'I can see that IU hasn't fully trusted me yet and I don't want to take a step too fast this moment. Besides, we've only known each other for two days!'

'Right,' GD said with a smile, 'Only two days and you are already smitten by her. Don't worry, you'll thank me tomorrow.'

'What are you planning to do?' Taeyang asked anxiously.

GD shook his head, putting a finger to his lips, signalling to Taeyang that their talk was over, and he was not going to reveal anything more. Taeyang chased after his friend playfully as they headed home, with Taeyang pleading with GD to tell him about his plans, during the entire run home.

 

'IU! You sure are looking pretty today,' GD complimented IU the next day, seeing her in her new beige dress, 'But I am not the one you are anticipating to give you a compliment right?

IU turned bright red.

'Anyway, don't be disheartened if he doesn't compliment you today. It's just that he likes you so much, that he doesn't know what to say in your presence and gets shy and all.' GD told IU cheekily, 'I was just wondering if you are free tonight, after school.'

IU answered unsurely, 'I should be free, what's the matter?' 

'I want to invite you to my friend's birthday party. Actually it isn't me who wants you to be there, it's Taeyang. However, since he is too shy to make the first move, and ask you out, I am doing it for him.' GD replied cooly, 'The more the merrier, so it'll be good if you could come. The people who are going to be present are really friendly, so don't worry about not fitting in.'

'I'm not sure about this,' IU answered blankly, 'I don't even know that friend of yours, it'll be really weird if I appear at his party.'

'I'm sure he's fine with it,' GD replied confidently, 'And Taeyang is going, and he wants you to go with him. So what is stopping you from going?'

The thought of being with Taeyang sent warm tingles down IU's body, and since it was Taeyang's idea to bring her along, it made her smile in the inside.

'I'll take silence as a yes then!' GD said cheerily, 'Meet us at the park at 7pm, me and Taeyang would then bring you to the venue. It's going to be a fun night, trust me. See you there!'

 

'What were you saying to IU just now?' Taeyang asked hurriedly as GD returned to his seat beside him.

GD stretched out his arms lazily, and yawned. 'I did a really good deed,' GD said casually. 'I invited IU to Daesung's birthday party.'

'What? She doesn't even know Daesung! Why did you even ask her?' Taeyang demanded angrily, 'You know Daesung's birthday parties are always filled with drinking and guys' talk. That party just isn't fit for a girl to attend, especially a girl like IU!'

'Why are you worrying so much?' GD answered playfully, 'You'll be there anyway. If you are so worried about her, take good care of her at the party than!'

'Is there something else that you said to her?' Taeyang asked GD, knowing that his friend wasn't so simple.

'Well, I did say that it was you who was the one who insisted that she attend the party,' GD answered, not hiding his grin. 'Maybe it was the thought that you might be there that convinced her to go anyway.'

'What?' Taeyang exclaimed, 'You said what?'

GD cupped his ears playfully and said, 'You can scold me or hit me however much you want, but you're going to be thanking me at the end of the day.'