First Kiss

We're just meant to be

'Omma! Why am I here? What happened last night?' IU asked puzzled as she looked around her room. She had entirely forgot what had happened and only remembered drinking the cans of beer till she out. 'Oh no, I out didn't I?' She added.

'You're awake? Hurry up and get ready for school. Having a hangover doesn't mean you can skip school you know?' IU's mother replied with a chuckle, 'It was your friend who took you home last night, he was a real gentleman too. But he forgot to tell me his name.'

'He?' IU thought. 'So it was a guy who brought me back home last night? Well, I don't have any girls who are my friends anyway, so obviously it can't be a girl.'

On the way to school, IU rested her head on the window tiredly. She was still confused over who was the one who brought her home yesterday, and she really wanted to find out the truth without embarrassing herself.

'Was it Taeyang oppa?' IU thought worriedly, she really didn't want it to be Taeyang to be the one who brought her home that night, it would be all too embarrassing to handle. However, just the slight thought that there was a little possibility that it was him again made her feel warm and tingly inside. 'It must have been GD oppa then, since he was there at the party as well. He may have sent me home in a cab seeing me so drunk. Yes, that must be it.' IU comforted herself, putting the previous thought out of her head.

 

'Are you feeling better now?' Taeyang asked not hiding the smile on his face as he spotted IU along the corridor.

'Oh yes, thank you for asking.' IU answered politely, trying her best to remain calm in the presence of Taeyang.

'Thank you for asking?' Taeyang queried with a chortle, 'Is that all you have to say?'

'Actually, I don't remember anything that happened last night after I out.' IU said apologetically, fidgeting in her spot.

Taeyang's shoulders drooped a little, feeling a little down that IU had forgotten everything that he had done for her last night. He wanted to tell IU that he was the one who stood by her side when she was too drunk to even move, that he was the one who carried her on his back all the way from Daesung's house to her house late in the night, and he was the one who even tucked her into bed. Knowing that she had forgotten all of that, made the previous night seemed like it had never existed before.

'What is it? Do you know what happened?' IU asked, noticing that Taeyang appeared a little gloomy, 'Do you know who took me home last night when I was drunk? I would like to thank that person personally.' She added with a little smile at the last sentence, because if it was Taeyang, she wanted him to be the one to see her smile.

'Sorry, I don't really know. I was busy chatting with Daesung and Seungri, so I didn't really notice you.' Taeyang said in the most convincing tone that he could muster. If IU had forgotten about what happened, then there was also no need for him to bring it up. 'It must have been Ji Yong who took you home then, remember to thank him afterwards.'

IU managed a weak smile, covering her disappointment behind that seemingly jovial face. 'Oh, I thought that is was probably him anyway. Thanks for telling me then, I'll go to class first.' She said good-naturedly.

'I'll walk with you,' Taeyang added, trying to hold IU back. He didn't want to bring up the happenings of last night to IU because it hurt to know that he was the lonely party who remembers it, but still he did not want to give up chasing IU, after all he really did like her.

 

'GD oppa, I heard it was you who brought me home last night when I was drunk. I'm sorry I was a mess and caused inconvenience, but thank you for taking care of me.' IU bowed slightly to GD as she thanked him when she bumped into him on the way to the library.

'Brought you home?' GD asked, raising his eyebrows. 'I didn't bring you home. You mean... You can't remember what happened last night?'

'It wasn't you?' IU asked confused and scratched her head.

'It definitely wasn't me,' GD replied with a laugh, 'It was Taeyang! I heard he even carried you on his back from Daesung's house all the way to your home! He is the one whom you are supposed to thank!'

'He carried me home on his back?' IU asked in total shock, if he really did carry her on his back then it would only mean that he genuinely cared for her, and perhaps... He really did like her. 'Thanks GD oppa, I need to go and thank the correct person now!' IU said bubbly, having her spirits suddenly lifted.

 

'I knew I would find you here,' IU smiled pleasingly as she spotted Taeyang sitting on the pastel bench in the rooftop garden, 'You should have asked me to join you.'

'I was hoping that I could work out my thoughts in this peaceful environment,' Taeyang finished with a smile. He was indeed looking for some company, and at that moment, the only company he wanted was IU.

'I just thanked GD for sending me home yesterday, he even told me that he was angry with me because I forgot that he was the one who carried me on his back all the way back home,' IU said, 'I feel so guilty now, so I'm planning to bake cookies as a token of thanks for him tomorrow. Don't worry, if there are extra cookies or burnt ones, I'll remember to share some with you.'

'He said that?' Taeyang asked surprised, not understanding why his best pal would say such a thing, 'But...'

'But what?' IU continued slyly, 'I don't think you should even receive those burnt or extra cookies because you didn't even care about me during the party, and you even previously claimed that you liked me. What a joke!'

'I really do like you, and it was actually me who...' Taeyang answered frantically but could not seem to get the correct words out of his mouth before he was interrupted by IU's laughter.

'You should have seen your face when I said all those stuff!' IU squealed in laughter, 'Since you tricked me, now it's my turn to trick you!'

'You remembered?' Taeyang asked embarrassed.

'GD oppa told me that it was you who brought me home last night, and after that I began to remember the bits and pieces of what happened.' IU smiled innocently as she spoke.

'I should have warned him about it,' Taeyang said softly before continuing, 'So how are you going to thank me now?'

'I'll bake you cookies?' IU said, trying her best to control her laughter.

'That's not enough, how about rewarding me with a kiss?' Taeyang asked with a smirk as he saw IU blushed.

'You ert, why would I want to kiss you?' IU shot back at him defiantly.

'You sure you don't want to kiss me?' Taeyang asked again as he leant forward, this time speaking so soft that only IU could hear him.

IU turned into a deep red umber and managed a small squeak, 'If you are thinking about the nonsense I blabbered yesterday when I was drunk, then quit it. I wasn't really thinking about kissing you yesterday, it was just some drunkard talk-'

And then she was cut off by Taeyang's soft lips which met hers, making her toes curl and steal her breath. His kiss was ever so soft and gentle, making her feel that she was the only girl in his eyes. As she closed her eyes, and kissed him back, she knew that he was the one she wanted to be with and with this first kiss, it was going to be hard to deny that fact anymore.

 

 

 

 

Author's note:

HI READERS! ^^ I was kinda disappointed when I found out that there wasn't any comments for the previous chapter, but I still wrote one chapter today because I was so happy that my favourite IU and Taeyang fanfic had updated. x) Hehe, anyway I included a kiss scene for this chapter!! Yay!! So you have a forehead kiss in chapter 12 and IU's first kiss with Taeyang in chapter 13!!  I hope you guys enjoyed reading it because I really did enjoy writing it! Do comment so I'll know what you guys think and that would probably inspire me on the storyline. :) A little warning though, bittersweet scenes are going to pop up in the next few chapters... :b Okay, bye!! ^^