Episode II. Foreshadowing.

Aegis

 

A glorious breakfast was laid out at the table by the time the five girls woke up; Taeyeon was up even before the sun began casting its own rays. For the kind of job she does, it is important to be knowledgable of one's surroundings. One misstep can lead the whole mission to jeopardy -- especially if it's an Aegis assignment such as this one. And so, Taeyeon did just that. She took a walk around the huge house, took note of all its entrances and exits, looked for secret passages and possible danger points, putting all the pieces together and making a mental map in her head. She headed out for the garden, which was absolutely huge and well-maintained. Nice to look at but spells bad news for me, she thought as she surveyed the area. A wide, foliaged semi-enclosure meant a dangerous hide-and-seek if anyone was to infiltrate the mansion. I should ask the SSP to install cameras in this place. It's going to be the death of me. Taeyeon took one last look around, deemed everything in order and went back inside the mansion.
 
***
 
The sun was already high up when the Subjects woke up. Again, Taeyeon took a mental note of their waking habits.
 
"Unnie! Unnie! Did you cook all this for us?", Soonkyu, or Sunny as she preferred to be called, asked while stuffing with eggs. "It's delicious!"
 
"Yes, unnie. Thank you for making us such a healthy breakfast", Joo-hyun said quietly.
 
"It's not a problem at all", Taeyeon answered as she took out a selection of drinks for everyone: coffee, tea, milk and juice. "Please choose whichever you like. I don't know what your preferences are yet so... Miss Hwang, you haven't touched a thing.", Taeyeon said as her eyes caught Miyoung.
 
"Tiffany. Please call me Tiffany.", she answered, her eyes meeting Taeyeon's.
 
"Yeah. Fany-ah kind of hates her Korean name. I'm Yuri and you can call this girl here beside me Jessica -- she prefers it that way.", Yuri said as she ate her salad with a smile.
 
Taeyeon nodded and returned her gaze to Tiffany. "As you wish, Miss Tiffany. Now please eat something. Don't worry. It doesn't taste so bad. It might be better than you expect.", she said as she exited the dining room.
 
***
 
Sooyoung was busy eating a cup of noodles whilst reading her files when her phone began to ring. She read the name on the screen and took the call -- happily as it gave her a break from all the reading. "Taeyeon-ah... Are you having difficulties?"
 
"You should've made the 244 Profiles more accurate, Chief. These girls are messing up my system.", Taeyeon said while watching the girls eat. "I'm being treated like a maid or something."
 
"Ha. Get used to it, Taeyeon-ah. Aegis assignments are a lot different from Sanctions. I know I usually give you Sanctions but this Aegis assignment would be difficult for normal agents so... Just bear with it until it's over. Who knows? It may turn out to be something good." Sooyoung wore a smile on her face as she ended the call.
 
----------------------------
 
There you have it. Thus ends the second chapter. It's really short, I'm sorry. I just needed some space to set up stage. :3 Plus, as this moves on, you'll notice how important the kitchen is. ㅋㅋ 
And yes, Sooyoung is Taeyeon's superior.
 
Just post a comment down yonder or PM me if there's something you want to say. Thank you. ^^