Episode IV: Recognition.

Aegis

"Fany-ah, you're not going out today? No engagements?", Taeyeon asked without raising her head. She was concentrating too much on seasoning the chicken in front of her.

 
"No, Tae-Tae. Not today. I'll be staying here with you.", Tiffany answered at the other end of the counter, a mug of hot chocolate on hand. She took a careful sip and stared at the other girl with amused eyes. Taeyeon felt her stare but still minded the chicken. "What is it, Fany-ah?"
 
But instead of answering, Tiffany put down her mug and stood beside Taeyeon. "Let me help you with these." She took Taeyeon's knife from her hand, brushing her fingers ever so slightly, and attacked the onions. Very slowly, though, as she was not that much of a cook. 
 
After the incident at the practice room, a door seemed to have opened for the two girls. They started hanging out more and seemed to talk endlessly. They were practically inseparable. Taeyeon became more comfortable calling Tiffany by her nickname while Tiffany became more open towards Taeyeon. Rather than a Guardian, Tiffany began to see the other as a very close friend.
 
They were well into making a feast when Taeyeon's phone rang. "Excuse me". She picked up her phone and gave Tiffany an embarrassed smile while she walked out of the kitchen.
 
***
 
Taeyeon's heart was beating so fast she thought it was going to burst out of her chest. Outside intelligence has been sent to the SSP HQ that the Jailbirds are mobilizing for the acquisition of the Jewel. Although the information is yet to be confirmed as reliable, it didn't stop Taeyeon from worrying.
 
"Kim Taeyeon. Are you listening to me? From this point on, I want you to be extra careful, do you hear me?"
 
"Tae-Tae! The water's boiling~!". It was Tiffany's voice. 
 
"...I know how much this means to you now." Sooyoung's voice was authoritative but the concern for her best agent was apparent. "Taeyeon-ah."
 
"Yes, Chief.", the girl answered weakly. She went back to the kitchen.
 
***
 
A million thoughts were swirling in her head. She knew that this was an Aegis assignment but after all the time she spent with the girls, she doesn't really consider what she's doing a mission anymore. Hearing this news from the higher-ups at such a time of comfort and tranquility made Taeyeon fear for their lives, for Tiffany's. This is not good, she thought. Emotional involvement in a mission was a the biggest mistake an agent could do -- she knew this very well as someone who specialized in Sanctions. However, being around Tiffany made her easily drop her guard. She felt so frustrated with herself for letting herself like -- Wait. I like Tiffany? 
 
A whimper.
 
Taeyeon raised her head and found Tiffany's finger starting to draw blood. She dropped her knife on the counter and, instinctively, grabbed Tiffany's finger and placed it in . She drew blood as much as she could to take the contaminated part out.
 
"T-Taeyeon-ah..."
 
Tiffany's voice snapped her out of her reverie. Taeyeon looked at her. She could see that Tiffany was breathing nervously, heavily. Her eyes, looking deeply into Taeyeon's, were tinged with something Taeyeon could not wholly understand. She let go of Tiffany's finger, noticing it tremble slightly.
 
"I-I'll just go and get the first aid kit." With those words, Taeyeon left.
 
--------------------------------------------
 
Tensiooooooon~ What follows this episode is a IV.2 instead of a V because it would be a super direct continuation of this one. Also, because I felt like I've written such a long chapter. But apparently, it wasn't. XDD Anyhow, tell me what you think. It's lame, isn't it? I suddenly felt like I wrote this so lamely. OTL
 
And, yey! I wrote a Foreword, by the way. I personally think it's a masterpiece. LOL. Leave your thoughts and baggages and I'll see what I can do~ Seriously. I get depressed when nobody comments. (´유ヘ유`)