Afterword

Aegis

 

Thus ends my first fanfic, Aegis. I do hoped you enjoyed reading it. As I've said in my foreword, I'm not all that rad when it comes to fanfics -- I rarely read them. So it was a challenge for me to actually write one and actually finish it. Considering that I have the attention span of a goldfish when it comes to writing longer stories, I consider this a feat. 
 
I do apologize, though, to all those who were looking for all the really sweet stuff that I think are common in fanfics. I'm not exactly romantic and sweet so I'm not sure I can pull it off well. I may try to in the future when I get an idea for another story. And for those who were expecting steamy scenes, I cannot write to save my life. Although if someone demands that I write one, I may try -- even if its just a one-shot.
 
As you may have noticed, I've left the Yuri and Sooyoung parts out. That's because I'm planning to make separate arcs for them. This being the case, which one would you like to get first?
 
A. The Yuri + Jessica arc.
B. The Sooyoung + Sunny arc.
C. The Seohyun + Yoona arc. [Although I haven't really thought this one out that much yet.]
 
Comment with your thoughts, votes and/or love letters below. -ke- Now, if only someone would make Aegis into a manga.
 
P.S. For those who'd like a copy of Aegis in PDF format, you can PM me your e-mail addresses so I can send it to you. You need not worry about me hacking into your account or anything. I'm the most un-techie person ever. The Ubuntu interface never fails to give me the sweats and I can't even use a Mac to save my life. I wouldn't be able to hack into your account even if I wanted to. Besides, what can I possibly gain from doing that? (ԾԾ)
---------------------------------------------------------------
 
The Aegis-tionary
 
Since this is a sci-fi/action fic, I figured I should provide some sort of explanation for the terms used in the story. As such, I have prepared this Aegis-tionary which you can peruse for your own enlightenment.
 
224. [Appears in Episode I.] Code for SSP Directives. Contains information about the mission and the people involved in it.
 
Accel. [Appears in Episode XII.] An acceleration spell. Has varying levels, the highest of which (for this story, at least) would be Deca Accel. Also, Double, Triple, Square & Hex appears in the story.
 
Aegis Assignment. [Appears in Episode II.] An SSP Mission Class. Specializes in the protection of a specific target. In other words, a bodyguard assignment.
 
Agreement of the Aegis. [Appears in Episode XIV.] The silent pact that happens between the Jewel and its partner Child. Once the Jewel finds the Child that is able to activate its power, it is the duty of the Child to protect the Jewel as long as they live.
 
Children of the Walpurgis. [Appears in Episode XI.] As the name suggests, children born during Walpurgisnacht or the Night of the Walpurgis.
 
Jailbirds. [Appears in Episode IV.] The bad guys. Founded by Hyoyeon to gather the Triggers and, of course, the Jewel.
 
Orison Sanctuary. [Appears in Episode IV.] The only place where the Children of the Walpurgis' powers can fully manifest. It's concentrated darkness provides the suitable location for the dark origins of the Energy to come forth, thus enabling its bearer to wield the Walpurgis Energy.
 
Sanctions. [Appears in Episode II.] Another SSP Mission Class. Specializes in exterminating a specific target. In other words, an assassination.
 
Sector 7. [Appears in Episode I.] As explained in Episode I, it is the final stop for every SSP Agent before going into their assignments. a.k.a, final briefing.
 
SSP (Seoul Special Police). [Appears in Episode I.] A special division of the Seoul Police Department that specializes in more dangerous and/or abnormal cases. Houses a select number of specially-talented agents. Purely fictional.
           
Primal Copies. [Appears in Episode XIII.] A special ability of Hyoyeon's Circle. Enables her to make copies of herself -- very much like shadow clones minus the smoke and the funny sound when they go kaput.
 
Walpurgis Circle. [-] The mark worn by every Child of the Walpurgis. Is meant to control the latent Walpurgis Energy that lies dormant within each Child. Also serves as an awesome tattoo.
 
Walpurgis Energy. [Appears in Episode XIII.] The special power that lies within each Child of the Walpurgis. Is born from darkness and may be purified depending on their bearer.