Episode IV.2: Revelation.

Aegis

 

A heavy silence drew over them like a blanket. Neither of them spoke a word as Taeyeon cleaned Tiffany's wound. It wasn't all that deep but considering how Taeyeon is nothing but a bundle of nerves at the moment, even an insect bite could've caused her to go ballistic.

"Taeyeon-ah..." Tiffany's voice almost sounded like it was pleading.
 
"I know, Fany-ah. I'm sorry. I acted out of reflex back there. That was very thoughtless of me, Fany-ah. That was a serious breach of Guardian protoc--"
 
 
The rest of Taeyeon's words were drowned by Tiffany's soft lips.
Tiffany knew it was abrupt, unexpected, but nevertheless she
filled it with all the affection she felt for this girl. She caressed
her Guardian's cheek as she poured her soul into that one kiss.
 
 
The rest of her words were drowned by Tiffany's soft lips.
Taeyeon felt the urgency, the need, but nevertheless she
felt the tenderness of Tiffany's affection for her. She held her
Subject's nape as she poured all her unsaid words into that one kiss.
 
 
Seemingly, a lifetime passed, their lips left each other, out of mind, out of breath. Tiffany's eyes found Taeyeon's, automatically, magnetically, lovingly. It was as if she was trying to say so many things through those eyes. Quietly, she leaned close to her Guardian and whispered,  "It's not that Tae-Tae. I think... I think I'm in love with you."
 
The Guardian felt for her Subject's hand and placed it over her heart. Softly, gently, she let her forehead touch Tiffany's. "Do you hear how my heart calls out your name, without me even being aware of it, Fany-ah? I love you. I'll definitely protect you, even if it costs me my life."
 
But she knew she could not let herself die. Not now, not ever, when she had something so precious to protect.
 
***
 
She wasn't called The Genie for no reason; she was a wizard with computers, after all. She can hack into anything -- computers, organizational or governmental databases, vaults, card-accessed rooms. Heck, she can even hack into the Seoul Special Police if she wanted to. But of course, she knew better than to do that -- they're the reason she has a decent place and life after all. Never bite the hand that feeds you, as they say. She was swirling her swivel chair around when a window popped up in one of her screens: INCOMING CALL: KIM TAEYEON.
 
She sat, chin on her knees, on her swivel chair and pressed the Enter key. "HUNNYIIIIIE~!"
 
"Yah! Im Yoona! That's irritating. Stop it. I have an assignment for you."
 
Yoona pouted. "Yah, unnie~ So cold. What is it? Is it something interesting?"
 
"I want you to keep tabs on the Subjects 24/7. Always keep them under the SSP satellite where ever they go, at whatever time, understand? Status report every two hours after...three-point-zero hours. Condition, location, disturbances, everything. Also, is the Orison Sanctuary in working condition?"
 
The Orison Sanctuary? Unnie has never used that before. This must be some serious business. She adjusted her goggles and began setting up the SSP Seeker to find the Subject's whereabouts. "Of course. But, the Orison Sanctuary? Why? Is there something wrong, Unnie?"
 
"The Jailbirds are mobilizing. And this time... This time I can't afford to lose."
 
***
The stranger was the kind of man whom no one will suspect. Unassuming and quiet, he easily blends in with the crowd. He arranged his hat and stood up from the sidewalk bench he was sitting on. A woman was walking her dog. With a tip of his hat, he greeted her. As she passed him by, he took out his phone and placed a call.
 
"JB-063 to Nest. Target has been sighted."
 
"Good. Pull out. The time is not yet ripe."
 
Replacing the phone into her pocket, she leaned onto her large chrome table. She stared at the photo on the screen; a bit grainy but one can make out the face. Hm. Pretty. Too bad, though. Now that we've located you, we'd have to snuff you out, she thought as she broke a piece of chocolate.

----------------------------------------

Thus ends episode IV. As I've said, it's the continuation of where IV left off. So? So? What do you think? Seriously, I'm really bad with these romance stuff. It took me like, so long to finish this single episode. Seriously, it makes me want to cry. If you're wondering about the Orison Sanctuary, you'll know what it is in a future chapter. But it's something I definitely made up. -keke-

As always, feel free to leave your comments. Tell me what you think. ^^