Episode I: Meeting.

Aegis

 

"Have you read your 244?"
"From cover to cover."
"Your directive is to protect the --"
"The Subjects, yes. And acquire the Jewel."
"Good. The remainder of your 244, I left on your desk, just in case you need them. A car is waiting for you at the basement. It'll take you to Sector 7."
 
***
 
Sector 7, as designated by the Seoul Special Police, is the final stopping place for every SSP agent before going out on a mission. Or a fancy name for a dressing room, Taeyeon thought as she read the remainder of her 244 -- the Subjects' profiles. Sector 7 is, indeed, a "dressing room" equipping outgoing agents with the proper cover for their mission as well as final reminders from their superiors. As Taeyeon was already a senior agent, the "final reminders" were usually taken out. Taeyeon wore a smirk as she closed the folder and replaced the red ribbon which designated the file as a "Top Secret: Eyes Only" file. They seem like an interesting bunch. Her thoughts had no time to wander off as the all too familiar building began to loom over the car.
 
"We're here."
 
But Taeyeon's shoes were already clicking over the paved cement even before the driver could finish his sentence.
 
***
 
Five phones. Five different places. One message.
 
"You'll be having a guest. Please come home as soon as possible."
 
***
 
Taeyeon now faced the five girls whose profiles she had been reading just a few hours ago. But contrary to the prim and proper image their photos exuded, the girls standing in front of her now were a bit more...playful and rebellious than she had imagined them to be. The family butler in his crisp black tailcoat was busy preparing tea and cakes while the Subjects talked their girly talk. Carefully, she studied each Subject and made mental notes in her head.
 
Kwon Yul. From the looks of it, she's the sporty type. Serious when the situation calls for it. Easy enough to manage.
Seo Joo-hyun. The file says she's the youngest but she seems to be the eldest by the way she acts. I don't think I'd have problems with her.
Jung Soo-yeon. As accurate as her file photo. I may have some difficulties with her if she keeps on spacing out like that.
Hwang Miyoung. Well, well. She's good at keeping the other Subjects in check. She might be able to make my life easier. Cheerful and looks like she's careful enough.
Lee Soonkyu. The most playful of the bunch. Better be careful;it's easy to lose sight of her.
 
Her mental note-taking was interrupted by the butler's voice.
 
"Girls, this is Miss Kim Taeyeon. Since your previous Guardian went away, Miss Kim here will now be in charge of your security as well as some other things you might need. Please do treat her well", he said, looking sternly at the girls in front of her.
 
Taeyeon took a step forward and bowed.
 
"Hello. I am Kim Taeyeon. It's nice to meet you."
 
And thus, they meet.
 
---------------------------------
 
There you go. First chapter. Is the rest worth posting? Just leave a comment. A single yes would suffice. Thanks for stopping by. ^^
 
UPDATE: lol. I didn't realize Taeyeon's 'thoughts' at the start weren't italicized. Had them slanted just now for more clarity. ^^