all too well; myungzy

Wanderlust | A Oneshot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

All Too Well

Myungsoo/Suzy

Romance; AU, PG- 13, ~2, 318w

It was rare. I was there. I remember it all too well.

^ a christmas present for my dear friend, Lynde ^

 

*    *    *    *

 

 

Suzy stepped out of her room with her luggage in her hand. It took her more than two hours to pack her things and all of her belongings, though her heart was insisting not to go and to return all of her clothes back to the closet and her diaries back under her sheets but her pride would not let her. They had a fight, as usual, this morning. Myungsoo woke up as early as five in the morning to catch his trip at six but he missed it because of her (she forgot to iron his clothes last evening so she ended up hurrying and burning his pants—unfortunately, it was the last pair he got and Myungsoo would complain again why she did not do the laundry). The plane ticket was a waste of money (Myungsoo had been saving for a new car—for her, since he did not want her to commute back and forth to law school because it’s dangerous especially at night) but missing his work was something worse. He got mad at her. Suzy fought back.

They were not married (yet). But at age twenty- three, it was hard for Suzy to live like a housewife, preparing breakfast early in the morning and waiting for her darling at the evening for dinner even when she was already hungry, and as a law student at the same time. It was fun though, Suzy told herself, at the beginning, and that was two years back.

 

Myungsoo hugged her from behind as Suzy gasped in surprise, letting go of the red handkerchief in her hands used to cover her eyes moments ago.

It was the first day of May when Myungsoo finally decided to move in with his girlfriend. He finally got a decent job enough to feed both of them from this day onwards (and that’s when Suzy decided to live with him), plus with an old heritage house from his ancestors, led him to come up with this decision. Myungsoo believed she’s already the one (both of them do) and so seeing her reaction to this had made him feel like he was the happiest person in the world.

“God, I can’t believe this is happening, Myungsoo. Are we going to live here for real? Together?” Suzy squealed with glee as she turned to see him.

Myungsoo just nodded with a proud smile plastered on his face.

“Let’s make more wonderful memories together, okay?” Suzy whispered, sighing a deep one for her wish had finally come true.

 

After receiving his first salary, Myungsoo and Suzy immediately took the chance to buy some paints and house decors to make the house livelier and prettier. Painting the walls by themselves, the young couple had so much fun that they even joke around and paint each other’s faces like little kids.

“It feels like we’re real couple now, right?” Suzy told him as they sit by the backyard right after they designed Suzy’s green house.

“Hmm.. not really. Not until we do the laundry together.” Myungsoo . It has been a month since they had lived together but neither of them had got to wash their own clothes yet. They were not used with it since both just send their used clothes to the laundry shop and have it washed and dried.

“Okay. Let’s do it this Saturday, then?” Suzy laughed.

“Sure.” Myungsoo laughed with her.

It was already 5:45 in the afternoon and the sun was already setting down. Streaks of orange and yellow were beautifully painted on the sky as it put a vibrant feeling towards the house. It was a lovely view, both of them noticed, matching the feeling of contentment in both of them.

Myungsoo couldn’t help but to look at the woman beside her (just like what he did a few seconds before, Suzy was also enjoying the beautiful scenery). This was what he was dreaming of having ever since—a peaceful home with the woman he will love forever.

He felt happy and contented thinking his dream has finally turned to reality.

 

Suzy went back to reality as she blinked those memories away—those were sweet and wonderful but sad at the same time. Because those were just memories and even though memories are there forever, not changing, their feelings and the way they are now had changed. It was sad to think that those fluffy feelings she had felt would stay only as memories, ones that had lived in the past, and just plain memories because, Suzy thought, she wouldn’t able to feel like that anymore.

“Again with this drama.” Suzy cursed under her breathe before she frustratingly picked her luggage up and headed her way down the stairs. It was big for her, and way too heavy for her size.

“That’s why you should eat something and stop with your diet.” Myungsoo teased as both of them carry a big box.

“No one likes to have a fat girlfriend.” Suzy stated the obvious, taking a deep breath as both of them took a break in the middle of the stairs. It had already been two hours since they started but they are not even half finished with moving their things towards their bedroom yet.

“Eh? But you don’t need to be y, you know. It’s not like we’re creating a movie. We’re creating a long lasting relationship, remember?” Myungsoo told her.

“Long lasting relationship your .” Suzy punched his shoulder lightly as her cheeks blushed. Myungsoo was the sweetest person she had ever known. His humor was kind of off most of the times but he’s the only person that could

Please log in to read the full chapter