nerdy glasses and boring suit; suho/ara

Wanderlust | A Oneshot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Suho and YooAra

nerdy glasses and boring suit

1,281w

 

 

 

 

Five, four, three, two, and …

 

The alarm on the bedside table fills the room. It is already six in the morning and we are supposed to get dressed up, have breakfast at a café down, and go to work. The usual routine.

I get busy in Seoul—tend to our clients, develop promotional ads for our products, and even travel within and outside of the city just to reach out to our targeted customers. Everything seems fine, just following the same old process of our daily life. But as each day passes, everything else seems so wrong and out of place.

I feel like a robot, not feeling anything not unless my body tires out at one point and tells me to stop, take a break, and relax. There is no time for relaxation, my mind usually tells me. And the process continues.

There are times when I ask myself why I feel this way, why I feel so empty inside. I graduated with a business degree. Got a job as an assistant marketing manager to a big company in the city.Eventually got the marketing manager title when my boss retired.Luckily got a life after that. Bought things I wanted and even those not needed. I earned well enough to pay back the hard work of my mum and even gave some to my dad even when half of my life he wasn’t there to see me learn things, achieve my goals, and survive.

My life almost looks perfect. But it doesn’t feel like one even just tiny bit.

 

The sunlight starts to creep in, trying to reach the tip of his toes. I watch him sleep comfortably beside me, hugging the pillows between us instead of him. He looks like a kid sleeping in during summer, like there is no work to worry about or train schedules to catch up with.

Being with Suho makes me feel like it is okay get lazy during weekdays.

But he is not a lazy person at all.

He is even the most hardworking person I had ever known. I met him at work, one of the newbies under my department half a year after I got promoted, with those nerdy glasses on and a boring suit. But his smile was charming and sometimes lazy. He was an attractive smart man. I am witness to the hopeful smiles coming from the ladies at work whenever he passes by. But he would never notice them because he was focused on accomplishing his tasks and other things.

Suho would have never noticed me not until I requested him to print some important files for me. He smiled at me, it was friendly but at the same time all- mocking. He was smart. No wonder he accepted the documents with a secret on his lips. By that time I knew he figured out it was weird for me to ask him to do a favor when it’s ideal for me to request my secretary to do it.

It was worth the risk.

He asked me to dinner after that day was over. Weird that he told me I was pretty in the middle of our conversation that night. It was unexpected for him to say those words because I thought he was delicate and sensitive. I liked him ev

Please log in to read the full chapter