counting seconds; yoonbum (changyoon)

Wanderlust | A Oneshot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Counting Seconds

Kibum/Yoona

Angst, AU, PG- 13, ~1,289w

I cannot move on now because my future has become your past.

 

*    *    *    *

 

Fifteen minutes and eleven seconds.

Yoona takes a quick glance behind the door. Her family and relatives are happily hugging each other, exchanging handshakes and kisses. She sees her favorite aunt from Canada brightly smiling at her mum as she takes her hand and gently squeezed it. Today is special. And it’s not just because it somehow becomes a little reunion for the Im clan but because the daughter of a popular law firm in Seoul is finally going to be married to a young gentleman from Jeju.

Everyone Yoona had known is present. Her old friends from high school and a few friends from elementary whom she maintained close relationships with are seated at the back, enjoying themselves with fun stories and memories from the past.

No one has seemed to be impatient, Yoona thinks. Even when the groom is already twenty one minutes and two seconds late.

She sighs. I’m just being so excited, i guess.

 

 

Forty three minutes and twenty seven seconds.

Yoona looks at the empty road in front of her as she tries to entertain herself with the little flowergirls around her. Pretty flowers are neatly placed inside a colored basket in their hands ready to shower on the bride (which supposedly was forty four minutes and five seconds ago).

She feels a soft hand tugging her white gown behind her and it finally snaps her back from reality.

“When are we going to throw these petals at you, unnie? Can we throw them now?”

Yoona bends down to look the little flower girl closely with a forced smile on her face, with much effort not to cry a tear in front of the young girl, “Soon. You can shower me with much petals as you like later, okay? A little more time and it’ll finally start… A little more time.”

 

 

One hour and fifteen minutes and thirty two seconds.

“Yoona.”

She turns around to see her best friend, Yuri, and she immediately hugs her.

“They’re probably stuck in a traffic… somewhere.” Yoona tells her (self), her voice slightly wavering and her eyes starting to threaten with incoming tears again.

 

 

One hour and fifty eight minutes and seven seconds.

Yuri wraps her arm around her waist as both girls wait for him to arrive. The little girls in front of them are already starting to throw mini- tantrums and Suji, the oldest among all of them, starts to take in charge.

The door opens behind them and Changmin, the best man, appears in front of them.

“The visitors are starting to get impatient. I tried to call Kibum for a lot of times now but he would not answer his phone.” Changmin tells them.

Yuri turns to face him and gives him a meaningful look. Yoona knows it's an unspoken rule not to stress the bride on her wedding day but the absence itself and all the waiting are louder than words. 

Yoona resigns to the nearest chair and sighs, her eyes staring at the thin air in front of her—almost half- li

Please log in to read the full chapter