the fallout; kibum/yoona

Wanderlust | A Oneshot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

the fallout

Kibum/Yoona; oneshot;

romance/hurt;pg-13; 2,400w~

falling in love is easy but staying in love is difficult.

 

 

 

 

Their story begins when the whole class decided to do their class drama practice overnight.

The main actors and actresses of the drama read their script onstage, a little bit uneasy as it’s their first try in acting. It is the first and going to be their last general practice since tomorrow night, the presentation will begin. At the front row sits the director, shouting a “cut!” with a disapproved look on her face. She scratches her head in annoyance and heads her way up the stage.

“You don’t need to be too harsh on the younger ones, Taeyeon. They are not drama majors. They are merely non-art students.” Leeteuk says, his voice a little bit louder so she would hear him from the right side of the theatre room with the other people assigned to the props and backdrops.

Taeyeon hears him clearly, turns, and just gives him a look, telling him she knows that and he needs not to announce it to everyone.

As the only art student in the class (they already feel fortunate enough to have one because as what they have heard from the other classes, having an art student around is an advantage because an art student knows what and how to do things), Taeyeon calmly shares her opinion on their drama abilities and how they can improve it. She gives tips and tricks on how to effectively captivate the audience through voice projection, proper gestures, and effective expressions.

The little Kim Taeyeon sighs as she goes back to her seat because they are still on the second page of their play and there are a lot more to go.

 

“Let me help you with that.” Leeteuk offers his help to a freshman working alone on the backdrop assigned for scene two.

“Thanks.” She mutters softly as he gets hold of the paint brush while she takes her long- awaited break.

“Why did you turn down the main role? The whole class thought you’d be able to handle the role perfectly.”

“I don’t think I can. I might just disappoint everyone. And I’m…. a bit busy with school work, too. You know, Biology stuff.” She tells him. “I even thought that History is going to be an easy subject. With lesser requirements. That’s the reason why I chose this as an elective. I was wrong.”

Yoona shakes her head, laughing together with Leeteuk.

Leeteuk then starts to tell her some useful tips she can use on her stay in the university based on the experiences he had as a senior, Yoona intently listens, but just then, a junior student surprises him by the back.

“Hey, Kibum. Taeyeon gave you a break? Already?”

“I think, our director is in serious depression now. We’re not good enough.” Kibum just smiles at the two of them.

“But I told her no one in the class is an art major and it doesn’t matter if we’re going to have a drama as attractive as a math book.  Our professor doesn’t mind at all as long as there is humor or whatever.  Wait, I’ll just go and remind her.” Leeteuk stands up and immediately goes where his only batchmate in this class is, while Kibum and Yoona remains awkwardly together in silence.

They know each other by name (because they are in the same class for more than three months now) but the two were never introduced to each other formally. Kibum is a junior student while Yoona is a freshman (and unlike Leeteuk, Kibum is not a friendly person).

So they sit together in silence in which Kibum decides to use his fifteen- minute break on helping his hoobae, between them are the props keeping the two of them busy, without meeting each other’s gazes and mentioning nothing else but “Can you pass me the blue paint?” or “Shall I add more?” or the likes.

But neither the two expect that it would be the start of something more.

 

                               

 

Three days after their presentation (which was very successful that Taeyeon cried at the end of the performance), Kibum texted her with a message; a cute smiley at the beginning together with a cute note after, telling Yoona he got her number from the student information which he got from Taeyeon and asking her not to freak out.

Kibum and Yoona started to exchange text messages since then (and he thought it is a bad thing he only got the courage to actually befriend her when the class has ended; Yoona thought otherwise though because she likes this more, getting to know him more without actually getting embarrassed approaching him in class).

They meet along crowded hallways from time to time; the two just exchange shy smiles at each other.

Only two months had passed since the second semester started for this academic year and Yoona is a little bit surprised (and confused even) whenever Kibum sends her sweet text messages. She realizes that it has only been five months ago when she and Kibum started to exchange text messages.

“I can’t believe a junior student is flirting with you. Are you sure he’s not… ugh, fooling you or something? Older boys in universities usually do that to freshies, remember the last movie we watched at your house?” Yuri says after Yoona finally confessed her thoughts about Kibum to her best friend (it is not like Yuri doesn’t know about it though).

“He is a junior but no, he is not flirting. He is just… trying to know me better. And another no for that, Yuri. Kibum is not like someone who is going to play around with my feelings.”

“He is cute and pretty popular, too, but I can sense that he’s not the faithful type. I’m not in the position to judge but…. really. Kibum is really something.”

Yoona says nothing more after that. She thinks Yuri might be right…. or probably not. Neither of them knows what type of person Kibum really is but Yoona is hoping for the latter.<

Please log in to read the full chapter