Broken Cookies, Broken Hearts

Sweet, Sweet Revenge

“Leeteuk oppa!” You called impatiently as you rushed down the stairs, “Hurry up packing my lunch! I’m running late!”

You burst into a fit of laughter as you saw him emerge from the kitchen with a frilly pink apron tied around his waist and a feather duster in his hand.

“Yah! Sora’s coming over today, I’m busy cleaning the house! Buy your lunch!” Leeteuk waved the duster at you before returning to the kitchen.

“Y-you look like a pansy,” You sputtered as you followed him into the kitchen, “I should get you a maid costume. I bet Sora unnie would love it!”

He glowered at you and continued to lay out the romantic breakfast for him and his girlfriend.

You plucked your backpack and the container beside it up, then sneakily crept over to the table and snagged a piece of toast.

“YAH! _____! THAT’S NOT FOR YOU!”

You laughed and quickly ran out the door before you could face the wrath of Teukie Umma. Slinging your backpack over your shoulder, you began your walk to school.

You stopped short when you saw Jongup waiting outside your gate. Sneaking up behind him, you mischievously tapped his shoulder and then dived behind a bush. He spun around, a clueless expression on his face as he looked around. He shrugged and turned around again, and you poked him again.

The process repeated several times and Jongup had still failed to catch you when eventually you got bored.

“Aigo, Jonguppie! You’re so gullible!” You said as you ruffled his hair, laughing, “Why did you wait for me anyway? Now you’ll be late too!”

“Because I always walk with you,” He shrugged, “I’ll never leave you alone.”

Your eyes softened, touched. You had no way to reply so you just hugged the large container to your chest and continued walking. Jongup eyed the container and asked you what was inside.

“Cookies!” You slapped his hand as he reached for them, “Yah! Not for you! They’re for Jonghyun and his friends! It’s our 2nd year anniversary today,” You said dreamily.

Jongup became quiet once more at hearing Jonghyun's name and rubbed his sore hand. Misundertanding his silence, you felt guilty and gave him a cookie. Jongup felt his phone vibrate and looked down to read a text.

From: Himchanchan

Hey Cheetos! Don’t worry about telling _____, I’ve got it covered.

Jongup furrowed his eyebrows and stared at the text, confused. He had no idea what his hyung had in mind.

-------

You arrived at school and quickly scurried off to look for Jonghyun and his friends. You found most of them around Minho’s locker, casually lounging as they waited for the bell to ring.

“Hi guys!” You beamed at them as you skipped over, “I baked cookies for you all and Jonghyun. It’s our 2nd year anniversary.”

You held out the beautifully made heart shaped cookies. It was obvious how much care you put into them.

The boys smiled at you warmly. “Thanks, _____” Minho ruffled your hair affectionately as Taemin began to jump in excitement at the sight of the cookies. Like B.A.P, all four of them also viewed you as a cute little sister too. They loved how sweet and genuine you were, contrasing to many of the fake girls around them constantly.

“No problem,” You smiled as you handed them half of the cookies, “Hope this is enough, the rest are for my man! Where is he, by the way?”

“Umm… I’m not sure,” Onew mumbled guiltily with a mouthful of cookies. You tilted your head, baffled. He always met with them before school.

"Maybe he's... running late?" Key squeaked nervously.

“I know where he is,” Himchan materialized behind you. The boys looked at him in alarm, begging him to shut up with their eyes. “Come on, I’ll show you!” Himchan smiled at you and took your arm.

You smiled appreciatively as he led you to the back of the school. Your footsteps slowed as you heard multiple voices while approaching the corner of the two walls.

Jonghyun was there, all right, but he wasn’t alone.

--------

“Come on babe, don’t be like that,” Jonghyun whined as Jessica got up from his lap.

Jessica rolled her eyes and reapplied her lip gloss, “And what makes you think that you’re worth my time?”

Jonghyun stood up and approached her, wrapping an arm around her slim waist and pulling her closer. He had the feeling he was being watched but he disregarded it.

“Trust me- I’m worth it,” He murmured against her neck, “Ask anyone.”

She tilted her head and narrowed her eyes, “Don’t you already have a girlfriend? Word’s been around that you’re dating Park _____.”

“Does it matter?”

She quirked an eyebrow at him and he sighed, “Fine, it’s true she’s my girlfriend. Kind of. It’s more out of pity, though. She’s a nobody; it would totally crush her if a kingka like me dumped her.”

You felt your heart shatter into a million pieces.

“Aren’t you worried what will happen when she finds out?” Jessica asked him, amused.

“Please,” He scoffed, “I’ve been doing this for months. She hasn’t noticed a thing.”

The air became heavier as you found it harder and harder to breathe.

Jonghyun pulled her closer until the space between them was practically nonexistent as he ran a hand through her blond tresses.

“Now that that’s cleared up,” he smirked at her, “Where were we?”

------------

 As the couple’s head’s slowly leaned in and met, you slowly backed away from your spot behind the wall. Your facial expression was frozen as you felt the air begin to suffocate you. The ground rocked underneath your feet.

Himchan stood silently, his eyes cast somberly on the ground. He reached out an arm to comfort you but you didn’t notice. A hand covering your mouth to muffle your sobs, you began to sprint away from the building.

The container of cookies crashed to the ground.

 

 

 

 

*****************************************************

Uh-oh! Well, this was bound to happen. Ticking time-bomb. Thoughts?

Ahh! No new comments, no new subscribers! I'm feeling paranoid. Is my writing going downhill already? :(